Reviewing the Vladdin RE POD KIT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Hi Guys well I have been using the Vladdin RE pod for over a month now so it's had a worthy test of its capabilities.

I won this pod in a competition here and was asked to do a review but as always will give my honest opinion whatever the outcome in the testing phase.

The Vladdin is a pretty simple pod with a battery stick, pod and usb cable for charging. The pack also come with a warranty card and instruction card. Replacement pods can be bought separately and come in packs of 4. The Vladdin pod can be bought for around 23 euros and the replacement pods will set you back around 16 euros so approximately 4€ each.

20190326_130934-jpg.805529

20190326_131057-jpg.805531

To start you just need to charge the battery stick via the usb and and the mini usb port which is located at the end of the device furthest away from the pod. As you can see from the above picture the pod stands up on a flat surface without any problems. When charged it is just a matter of inserting the pod into the battery stick and it's ready to vape. The 350 Mah battery will charge in approximately 1hr 15 minutes from empty which is a big plus.

The pods have an outer cap/mouthpiece which pulls off to allow filling. There are two holes in the top of the pod which are sealed with a soft silicone plug. It is a simple affaire to remove the plug and then fill using one of the two holes available. I've not had any problems with spillage when filling, the two holes mean that you can fill as fast as you wish without any mess.

20190326_131239-jpg.805533

The Vladdin is a draw activated device with a five second shut off on the draw to prevent the coil from over heating. The draw is very quiet and smooth and I use it with a restricted direct to lung style and sometimes a mouth to lung. It is not really designed as a direct to lung device and is perfect for a mouth to lung vaper or somebody trying to give up cigarettes an option to which it is well suited. The flavour is really good for a low voltage device and I am impressed. I make my own DIY salt nicotine and currently I'm using a strawberry cream flavour which, surprisingly, has a very distinct cream note. Pods are often said to be difficult with creams and complex flavours and said to need a simple recipe to get the best out of them.

20190326_131331-jpg.805535

Conclusion

The vladdin RE kit is a simple device which will suit the starter vaper and will particularly be good for those giving up smoking. It will also suit the seasoned vaper as a stealth device or a salt nic delivery device. I use mine for both purposes and have found that the battery longevity impressive as long as you don't try and chain vape. A battery has lasted me the whole day when using it at my frequent work meetings. I do use a separate device as well and I think i would advise that you had two devices at least if it was going to be your all day vape exclusively.

The pod longevity has had mixed reports here on this forum but I have to say that I am really impressed. Although, I was sent the Vladdin RE plus a pack of replacement pods I am still on the one that came with the kit and have, to date, not experience a coil flavour. My device has been used daily for around 4 weeks and has had approximately 50mls of salt nic eliquid put through this first pod. A big, big plus.

All in all a very simple to use, light device which can easily slip into a shirt front pocket and be used when needed. I would suggest that a second one is taken out with you as a back up. The refillable pods are easy to use and I have had zero leaking so far. A nice idea would be to take a spare pod out with you filled with a different flavour for when you fancy a change.

Do I recommend the Vladdin? Well yes based on its current performance and my experience I would definitely put this one forward as a useful and well built device which has no real downsides. The design, build quality and suggested use does what it says on the tin :)

See you on the next review.....Charlie :D

Reactions: SP013

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I don’t know if I have a vladdin or a vladdin RE or if there is even a difference.
Perhaps I am talking about the old one rather than the new one. I don’t know.
I personally found the vladdin to be almost but not quite awesome. They did a couple things really right:
the device is light enough, and the mouth piece is straight enough that you can hold it in your teeth and use the draw activation to vape hands free. This is the one single giant win for pods, and a lot of pods can’t do it. I personally don’t see a point in even owning a pod that doesn’t have this feature. It’s something APVs just can’t do. (though with some form factor engineering they maybe could. Another tale though)
The goofy wave shape also turns out to be comfortable in the hand. Maximum tank volume, minimum unweildyness.

I found some issues though:
They’ve got some sort of quality control problem with replacement pods. It’s bad. My failure rate was 75%. Serious leakage. (This was some time ago. It may have since been fixed)
The leaking pods caused the vapor chamber to fill up with juice and it never worked right again. I got a temporary fix going with careful washing, and I thought I had won, but after it dried out it started failing in “on” mode rather than “off” mode which was actually worse.

I was under the impression the old cigalike automatic draw problems had engineering solutions and had been fixed. Not here it seems. This problem was THE reason button activation became dominant. If this is the best that can be done auto switches are still not ready for market.

So close to a win without getting over the finish line.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
I don’t know if I have a vladdin or a vladdin RE or if there is even a difference.
Perhaps I am talking about the old one rather than the new one. I don’t know.
I personally found the vladdin to be almost but not quite awesome. They did a couple things really right:
the device is light enough, and the mouth piece is straight enough that you can hold it in your teeth and use the draw activation to vape hands free. This is the one single giant win for pods, and a lot of pods can’t do it. I personally don’t see a point in even owning a pod that doesn’t have this feature. It’s something APVs just can’t do. (though with some form factor engineering they maybe could. Another tale though)
The goofy wave shape also turns out to be comfortable in the hand. Maximum tank volume, minimum unweildyness.

I found some issues though:
They’ve got some sort of quality control problem with replacement pods. It’s bad. My failure rate was 75%. Serious leakage. (This was some time ago. It may have since been fixed)
The leaking pods caused the vapor chamber to fill up with juice and it never worked right again. I got a temporary fix going with careful washing, and I thought I had won, but after it dried out it started failing in “on” mode rather than “off” mode which was actually worse.

I was under the impression the old cigalike automatic draw problems had engineering solutions and had been fixed. Not here it seems. This problem was THE reason button activation became dominant. If this is the best that can be done auto switches are still not ready for market.

So close to a win without getting over the finish line.

Completely accept what you're saying here @bombastinator but I think that you unfortunately got a bad one. This one is the refillable pod version. If you had refillable pods than you had this one.

My review didn't cover the replacement pods except to talk about their availability. I have a pack but have no experience as the first pod is lasting so long. I will definitely report back, probably here...or maybe a new thread when I do get to use them.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Completely accept what you're saying here @bombastinator but I think that you unfortunately got a bad one. This one is the refillable pod version. If you had refillable pods than you had this one.

My review didn't cover the replacement pods except to talk about their availability. I have a pack but have no experience as the first pod is lasting so long. I will definitely report back, probably here...or maybe a new thread when I do get to use them.
My pods were refillable. The pods that came in the box were great. The next three in the replacement pack failed. Only the last one I tried worked.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
My pods were refillable. The pods that came in the box were great. The next three in the replacement pack failed. Only the last one I tried worked.

Ok...my 4 pack is still sitting in the drawer with the cellophane on. I hope I don't have the same experience :(

I must admit what you're saying was a complaint I often had with the old clearos. It's why I naturally progressed quite quickly to RDA's :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread