Reviews of several 901 things- PT, LR, TV Liquid, and Drip Tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylecoberly

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2010
Castle Rock, CO
www.facesofradio.com
I recently tried out a couple DSE901 things and thought I'd post my experiences with them. Aside from the liquid, I got everything from VaporKings.com (they ship quickly, have fair prices and have a decent website layout).

1) 5v Passthrough. This was cool for a little bit- the TH at 5v is pretty intense, but it was expensive, inconvenient, and tore through some of my hardware in a day. I got a 2.1A USB plug from Best Buy, so I was giving it the power it needed, but in a day it blasted through a 2 week old atty. The pass-through itself was only $15 or so, but the USB plug was $30, and an inverter for my car was another $30. Furthermore, I had to be near a power outlet to make it work. Bad deal.

2) LR atty. Also tried this, and true to the warnings, it tore up one of my batteries in about 2 days. Bad deal.

3) Tasty Vapor eliquid. AMAZING!!! I got some of Geoff's Blend (36mg) and tobacco (48mg). The 36mg was a "quit level" strength for me, and the flavor was so good I didn't miss analogs at all. I through caution to the wind and tried to vape the 48mg straight- they're not kidding folks, it's not worth it. There's no real flavor in it, and you end up getting so much nicotine per drag that you get a little sick pretty quickly. I'm going to get the doubler from them to dillute it a little bit, because it smells great. The price is ......ed too- $15 for a hand-mixed 30mL bottle? Unbelievably good deal.

4) Drip Tip. They're cheap enough that it's worth giving it a shot if direct dripping is your thing, but I wouldn't recommend using it with an automatic battery. Since it makes such a wider opening on the mouth-piece, moving it around will activate the battery. Bad deal.

Hash25

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
London
I agree with you on the last point about drip tip with the automatic battery. But it is not a good idea to drip into an automatic battery in the first place as it may overflow into the activation switch.

Also, for the 5v passthru you might want to consider getting usb extension and some High Voltage atties. That is what I use and they work great for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread