The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

revvo tank rebuilding

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by juancarter, Feb 8, 2018.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. juancarter

juancarter Full Member

Nov 19, 2017
    hi dear vapers,
    recently i have bought an aspire revvo tank, use it at 70 watts but i have burned 2 times in less than 3 weeks, does anyone know how can it be rebuild?

• Like Like x 1
  2. medleypat

medleypat Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 5, 2016
    Frankfort Indiana
    more info is needed

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Topwater Elvis

Topwater Elvis Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    It isn't a RBA / rebuildable, you buy Aspire Revvo replacement coil pack and replace the coil / wicking material unit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Are you asking how to prolong your coil life? That's an entirely separate question.

Are you asking how to rebuild your stock coils? That may or may not be possible depending on the coil, but it usually involves some tedium. Could you also (if you are looking to extend the life of your coils) discuss your priming process and the juice you are using: manufacturer, PG/VG nicotine level and flavor? Also, how much JUICE (not days) are you getting per coil. As it sounds to me to be somewhat normal, but it depends on your juice and your consumption of it.

Welcome to ECF, by the way.

Anna

5. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    Is this the one with the stove top circular coil design? Generally depending on the amount of use, a typical drop in coil will last one or two weeks if used daily. Going through two in three weeks may not be unexpected with that coil.

• Like Like x 1
  6. juancarter

juancarter Full Member

Nov 19, 2017
    dear, sorry for thr short information. i have seen in some pages that people have rebuilded it succesfully, i would like to rebuild it because here in ny country the tank is not very common and i havent found a store with the coils, today i burned my last one

• Like Like x 1
  7. juancarter

juancarter Full Member

Nov 19, 2017
    hi dear ana, i have seen people that have rebuild it with no problems, unfortunately i havent found a video or something of how to do it, as my coils are not being selled in my country its very hard for me to get them, about the coil life i dont prime it because its the arc new technology, with a new coil i get the juice in the tank and put it down so the coil recieve juice for about 10 minutes. im using max vg e juice from a vaping store called phoenix vapes of peach flavor in 0 nic. with both coils i have get about 30ml

• Like Like x 1
  8. juancarter

juancarter Full Member

Nov 19, 2017
    so dear do you think its normal? i use it daily at 70 watts, max for the coil is 100, i use about 3ml per day and it last about 10 days

• Like Like x 2
  9. KenD

KenD Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 20, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    That sounds like good coil life at that wattage, though it depends on your eliquid. High vg, sweeteners, and dark liquids mess up coils faster.

Sent from my Thor E using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. BoogaWu

BoogaWu Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2016
    Lakewood, CO
    It looks like you could pull the old cotton out of the bottom and replace it (rewick), but I don't think rebuilding is going to be possible.

• Winner Winner x 2
  11. juancarter

juancarter Full Member

Nov 19, 2017
    yes dear, it seems very easy to replace the cotton but i dont know anything about rebuilding.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Eskie

May 6, 2016
    NY
    A sweet juice and high wattage will lead to gunking faster than other situations. Still 30 ml doesn't sound like a ton of juice. The problem with drop in coils is the variability in performance and longevity. When your are able to get replacement coils and go through a few more, you'll have a better fix on what to expect long term.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Letitia

Letitia Nano Junkie

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I would think the coil itself will last many weeks, the wick is all you need to replace. Remove the cotton from one of the coils and try to wick it. May take some trial and error. Might already be a youtube video up for rewicking.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Topwater Elvis

Topwater Elvis Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    If you actually attempt pulling the wicking material out of the stove top / notch type coil the reevo uses you'll find the wicking materials used are multi density layers of a cloth type & cotton type material.

You probably could get it all out & stuff cotton in, I'd bet it won't work well for very long & leak like a sieve.

If you have found 'some pages that people have rebuilded it successfully', I'd follow their directions.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. BrotherBob

BrotherBob Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. juancarter

juancarter Full Member

Nov 19, 2017
    thank you dear, i will try to buy a new tank, i love the flavor! what would you recommend me?

• Like Like x 3
  17. juancarter

juancarter Full Member

Nov 19, 2017
    i will try dear letitia and will let you know

• Like Like x 3
  18. juancarter

juancarter Full Member

Nov 19, 2017
    i will try dear, if it dont result i will let you know. but if it works i will be very happy!

• Like Like x 3
  19. suprtrkr

suprtrkr Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hi and welcome. You seem to be getting good advice, so I will shut up, since I don't know anything about that machine.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  20. Eskie

May 6, 2016
    NY
    In not sure you need a new tank, just an understanding you'll be changing coils weekly. That could well end up true for most is not all of the drop in coil tanks. I'd suggest if you can rewick those coils try that and see how much more life you get. The ultimate solution if the cost of factory coils becomes unreasonable is to simply get a tank where you build and wick your own coils. Then got can clean them whenever you want to for mere pennies in expenses.

• Agree Agree x 2