right sized drill bit, etc. for Kanger heads

Status
Not open for further replies.

bover907

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2014
Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
I've built a couple of 5/64" micro coils for my EVOD heads. They work great, but my problem is the 5/64" drill bit doesn't fit down into the notch of the kanger head. What I did was wrap my coil on a 5/64" bit, then use a 1/16" bit to place the coil in the head and secure the leads and such. The problems I ran into on a couple was either coil deformation, or a crooked coil using the smaller diameter bit. and I had to do some finagling to straighten out the coil, which seemed to loosen and deform it some.

I'm wondering what sized bit, needle, or wire, etc fits exactly into the notch. This way I could keep my coil tight, and in the right place during re-assembly.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
I've built a couple of 5/64" micro coils for my EVOD heads. They work great, but my problem is the 5/64" drill bit doesn't fit down into the notch of the kanger head. What I did was wrap my coil on a 5/64" bit, then use a 1/16" bit to place the coil in the head and secure the leads and such. The problems I ran into on a couple was either coil deformation, or a crooked coil using the smaller diameter bit. and I had to do some finagling to straighten out the coil, which seemed to loosen and deform it some.

I'm wondering what sized bit, needle, or wire, etc fits exactly into the notch. This way I could keep my coil tight, and in the right place during re-assembly.

I'm gonna try making some coils soon. But I am gonna do micro coils and torch them to hold them in place. From reading the Steam Engine calculator I am gonna prolly use 32ga with 10/9 wraps on a 1/16" bit to achieve a 2.2Ω coil. I hope it will fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread