Rikiel's E-Juice Roundup: Copper Creek, E-Pipe Mods, Heathers Heavenly Vapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikiel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2012
USA
Hi guys. I'm a new vapor, but I'm definitely getting into the swing of being a hard core vapor. Wrapping my own coils, pushing the limits of my mods, seeing whats out there in the ways of vaping.

So today I thought I would try something different and see what kinda responses I get.

I've tried a few different juices in the time I've been a vapor and as I grow to love the hobby, I thought I would take the next step! Share my experiences with my juices with you guys!

Now I really only have the first few in mind right now, but if pepole like it i'll keep doing it.

Today I'd like to go over Copper Creeks house blend, E-Pipe Mods Oak Barrel Cider Pipe Sauce, and a few Heathers heavenly vapes juices.

Starting off with Copper Creeks House Blend: 18mg 30/70 pg/vg

I honestly loved this juice the first time I vaped it. I took that first puff and i was like "That is spot on rice krispy treats". And it was too. Though as I let the bottle steep the flavors started changing drastically. And not in a good way. Within about 4 days to a week it began to have this.... sour milk undertone to it. It was hard to describe, but sour milk is pretty close. It was unvapeable for about a week and a half it was so bad. Though after a while longer that taste became a bit more subtle. It was still there definitely, but just not as prominant. So I've let it sit for about another week or so (3 weeks total steeping at this point) and I will have to see soon if that flavor has aged any better. I'm hoping so, because Copper Creek is a company I -want- to like.
All in all, throat hit was amazing, even for the 30/70 blend I got, and the vapor was great as well. We will see what the flavor has evolved into soon. I will probably not reorder. 4/10

Next we have E-Pipe Mods Oak Barrel Cider: 18"proof" 99.8 vg

So when I got this in the mail, in its dapper brown bottle complete with dripper, the first thing I did was load up a VIVI Nova Mini and take a pull. Inspired by promises of amazing from PBusardo, I was excited to try it, but I was met with some dissapointment.
While this juice isnt bad, it had obvious undertones of rubbing alcohol. Now this taste has hence disapeared, but there is still something vaguely "Hospital-ish" about the taste if you will. Beyond that, it is definitely an apple flavored tobacco. And after steeping i have found myself enjoying the vape. There are days where i will vape up to two or three vivi nova minis of this juice. So its definitely not bad, but not on the scale of amazing that i was expecting.
Its throat hit is very light at 18 mg (though i think they use 99.8% vg as there is some pg in the flavorings they use, so not too supprising there). Vapor production was decent. What you would expect from close to 100% vg juice. The flavor has its good and its bads. It is definitely a mild vape, and if you closed your eyes and pretended you were exhaling a hit from ye olde pipe as I have done from time to time, this vape makes the experience decently realistic. 6.7/10. Might reorder at some point.

On we go to Heathers Heavenly vapes:

Disclaimer: These are going to be short, and I will probably revisit them in the near future after i have a bit more experience with the juice. This is another vendor that I really just want to like. So far I have not been "Wow"d.

Gandalf - 18mg 100%vg

I saw so many great reviews on this juice that I thought I should give it a try, and I have! Of the 3 juices I got from HHV, I like this one the most. Thought that isnt saying much. To me it is entirely too sweet. I get some chocolate and caramel in there, and it really masks the tobacco big time. But sweet is not what I think when I think pipe tobacco. E-Pipe Mods got it right there. There is also this strange undertone to the vape that i'm not quite enjoying. I cant put my finger on it (maybe butter?), but there isnt much to it so its forgiveable. This is a mellow enough of a vape that I could use it as an all day vape.Though i will probably just have other stuff lying around that I would vape instead or at least along side it. I got this at 18 mg 100% vg. Throat hit has a nice thump to it, and produces a decent amount of vapor at that 100% vg. Flavor isnt really my thing. When I buy a tobacco flavor that is supposed to have hints of caramel and chocolate, I dont want to be vaping candy.
Overall I'd give it 7.9 / 10. Its a decent juice(if you dont think tobacco). I reccomend you try it to see if you like it. Might reorder.

Mocha Java Smooth - 18mg 60/40 pg/vg

This vape was great for the first few puffs. Definitely tasted like coffee, definitely tasted the chocolate, and even a hint of cream. But it is -rich-. Like super rich. Its not something you can vape a lot of in a short period of time. Its meant to be nibbled on, like a piece of cheesecake. Beyond that, I could not clean this out of my atomizer. Had to do a few rounds of rinse - dry burn, rinse - dry burn, rinse to get what i could out. It is some crazy stuff. Like i said, rich. Though because of that richness I have not had the chance to vape it a whole lot. I will probably coming back to this one. Vapor is decent at 60/40. From what I remember, throat hit was average for 18 mg. Taste is super rich.
For a desert vape that you take a few "sips" off of every now and again, I would give it a 8.3/10, though this rating is subject to change as I gain more experience with it. As a regular vape I give it a 4.2/10. Will probably not reorder.

Crackberry - 18mg 60/40 pg/vg

I wanted to taste their fruits. I've been on this long journey to find a perfect citrusy fruity vape that even ectoplasma let me down on (If any of you have any suggestions on where I might sate this desire, please let me know). Crackberry is good. Its very mild, and it might have been a dirty atomizer, but i did not get a clean blackberry taste to it. This is another one i will be revisiting. Though if you are looking for a non candy fruit flavor, this is a decent one. This is another one i will be getting back to as i dont feel i have really given it the old college try just yet. Throat hit was decent as i remember. Vapor was there for a 60/40, flavor seemed a bit muted, though realisitic. No fruity tangy taste that i really want to find somewhere. No rating for this one. I havent decided yet.

Well thats it for now. If you liked what you read, be sure to mention it below and I might think about doing another one.
Thanks for reading!

Extra: Rikiel's juice suggestion of the day!

Banana Nut Bread from Vapoligy: Banana nutty goodness!

CayCay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2011
Austin TX
Gandalf isn't supposed to taste chocolatey. Could have possibly been Serendipity. There was a huge confusion in September and Gandalf buyers were really getting Serendipity. My Gandalf (new) is earthy, grassy and supposed to have some "cherry" notes... but no cherry is involved. Serendipity is supposed to come across as a bit of coffee/chocolate/tea?

Rikiel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2012
USA
Gandalf isn't supposed to taste chocolatey. Could have possibly been Serendipity. There was a huge confusion in September and Gandalf buyers were really getting Serendipity. My Gandalf (new) is earthy, grassy and supposed to have some "cherry" notes... but no cherry is involved. Serendipity is supposed to come across as a bit of coffee/chocolate/tea?

Hmm this makes me not want to buy from HHV again... It is definitely not earthy or grassy. More of a candy chocolate / caramel. And if they are getting things mixed up... i dont know. I'll drop them a line and see what happens.

Rikiel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2012
USA

After checking with HHV (very helpful customer service), there is no doubt what i recieved was Gandalf. Thanks for the concern though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread