hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello and welcome to another review by yours truly. Today I will be covering the Rincoe Jellybox Mini kit that was sent to me for the purpose of providing a fair and honest review. It was sent to me by sourcemore. The Jellybox mini is really different from any other mod I’ve tried before. The operation is fairly simple but the appearance is very interesting in my opinion. I’m getting a little ahead of myself here so let’s go down and see what’s included in the kit and take a look at some pictures.

Rincoe-Jellybox-Mini-Kit-Colors.jpg

What’s in the box?

1* Jellybox Mini 80W mod
    1* Jellytank (mesh 0.3ohm coil inside)
    1* Mesh 0.15ohm Coil
    1* Type-C Charging Cable
    2* User Manual
    1* Certificate Card
    1* Warranty Card

1607067154508115.jpg

IMG-4515.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:
    1607067152491628.jpg

Brand Rincoe

Product Name : Jellybox Mini Kit
    Tank Resistance: Mesh coil 0.15ohm
    Tank Material: PCTG+stainless steel
    Coil: Mesh 0.3ohm & Mesh 0.15ohm coils
    Tank Size: Φ25*42mm
    E-juice Capacity: 4.8ml
    Power Range: 1-80W
    Input Voltage: 3.0-4.2V
    Temperature Control Range: 200-600℉ (100-315℃)
    Device Material: Zinc alloy & PC
    Charging Type: Type-C 5V/2A charging
    Battery Type: Single 21700/20700/18650 cell (not included)
    Max Output Current: 30A
    Max Output Voltage: 4.2V
    Color: Amber Clear, Black Clear, Full Clear

FEATURES:

· 1. Transparent PC cover and zinc alloy frame

· 2. Trigger-style fire switch and adjustment buttons

· 3. Supports single 18650/20700/21700 battery with 80W max power

· 4. 6 LED lights

· 5. Easy to remove and install battery

· 6. Type-C charging cable

· 7. 4.8ml transparent Jellytank

· 8. Multiple protections: Over-heating/Reverse Battery/Over-circuit/Short-circuit Protection/10S Cut-off/Low voltage Protection

1607067097659338.jpg

1607067100320163.jpg

1607067106213123.jpg

1607067109494372.jpg

1607067115915554.jpg

1607067118667895-1.jpg

1607067132851377.jpg

1607067137227044.jpg

1607067141235927.jpg

1607067148133069.jpg

First Impressions:

The Jellybox Mini came in pretty standard packaging. Nothing really that stood out. Just an outer sleeve that slides off to expose the mod, tank with .3 ohm coil installed, user manual, instruction sheet for the tank, USB-C charging cable, and spare .15 coil.

I was kind of hoping for the black clear kit but received the full clear kit. The mod is made of polycarbonate and zinc alloy. The kit is also available in a third color which is amber. I personally don’t care much for the amber tinted model.

The mod can use 18650, 20700, or 21700 batteries and has an 18650 battery adapter included that matches the color of the mod. On the front of the mod is what I would call a trigger style fire button that follows the contour of the mod. Below that is the screen which shows battery level, mode of operation, length of current puff, coil resistance, and voltage. Also on the bottom of the display it shows the six display colors which are white, red, blue, green, yellow, and purple. The display color is also matched by lights inside the body of the mod which can be turned on and off. Below the screen is the + and – buttons. The rest of the body is see through. On the right side is a USB-C charge port and on the right side is a badge with a symbol on it that I’m not sure of exactly what’s it’s supposed to be. The 510 connector on top is raised a little due to the shape of the frame. On the bottom is the sliding cover for the battery opening. Since mine is clear, it would be fun to get a custom battery wrap that would show through the case.

The operation of the mod menu system is as follows:

- Press the fire button five times to turn it on and off

- Press the fire button three times to change the modes which are VW, NI, TI, SS,

- Press the fire button and + button to change the display and internal light color

- Press the fire and – button to turn the lights in the body on and off

- Press the + and – buttons to lock the wattage control but the mod still fires

IMG-4517.jpg

IMG-4520.jpg

IMG-4519.jpg

IMG-4524.jpg

IMG-4526.jpg

upload_2021-2-21_12-35-31.png

upload_2021-2-21_12-36-10.png

upload_2021-2-21_12-36-37.png

The Jelly tank is a good match for the mod both in appearance and mostly in function. The Jelly tank is actually two pieces. The PC portion of the tank has a molded tip that cannot be replaced but I found the tip to be comfortable to use so have no complaint on this personally. On the base of the pod portion, there is a metal ring that is threaded where the pod screws onto the base. I like this design much better than having magnets to hold the tank to the base. On the bottom of the tank portion is the fill port with a rubber plug. The base is metal and has two slotted airflow holes. For the .3 coil I liked the airflow 2/3 open but with the .15 coil I ran the airflow open and felt like it could have used more airflow to run the coil at the recommended wattage. The .15 coil has a recommended wattage of 50-60 watts which I was not comfortable with since I don’t like a really warm vapor. I found it tolerable at 45 watts. The .3 coil is rated at 38-45 watts and once again I liked it at the lower setting of 30 watts. The coils are push in style but there is a threaded ring that must be screwed onto the coil before inserting it into the tank and of course the end of the coil is threaded to accept the ring.

upload_2021-2-21_12-37-41.png

upload_2021-2-21_12-38-12.png

upload_2021-2-21_12-38-39.png

FINAL THOUGHTS:

Overall, I enjoyed testing the Rincoe Jellybox Mini kit. I found the ergonomics of the mod to be comfortable to hold and the positioning of the fire button to feel rather natural. There is a little bit of wiggle to the = and – buttons but let’s be realistic. This is an inexpensive mod made of PC and zinc. I find it fascinating to be able to see the battery and the electronics on the inside of the mod. I personally do not like the LED lights in the body of the mod and the first thing I did when I put the battery in was to shut them off. I’m glad that they give an option of using them or not. The wattage adjustment is in one watt increments which some people might not like. I really don’t mind it on this mod. It’s nice to have six different color options on the display and definitely like being able to lock the adjustment buttons and still being able to fire the mod.

The Jelly tank has a good design with the PC portion of the tank threading onto the base of the tank. I do wish the fill port would have been on the side or top rather than having to unscrew the tank to fill. I do feel like with the .15 coil that more airflow would have been nice and they could have enlarged the airflow slots. The flavor production from the two coils that were included was mediocre. It wasn’t bad but wasn’t great. If I was going to buy replacement coils then I would probably get the .3 coils for my personal taste and style of vaping. One thing I don’t like is the threaded ring that must be screwed onto the coil before inserting it. I could see this getting lost and then the tank is useless. A better design would have been to machine that onto each coil.

So, would I recommend the Rincoe Jellybox Mini kit for others? If you’d like an inexpensive mod that can use up to 21700 batteries and seems to function well then yes. As far as the tank goes, maybe. The tank would be dependent on how picky you are on flavor. Like I said, it’s not bad but far from the best flavor producing tank I’ve tried. That being said, I’d like to thank Lilia and Sourcemore for sending the Rincoe Jellybox Mini kit for this review and thank you to the readers. Below is a link to the Sourcemore website and a coupon to get a good price on the Jellybox Mini.

Rincoe Jellybox Mini Kit 80W Box Mod with 4.8ml Jellytank

$31.59 Rincoe Jellybox Mini 80W Kit
    code:JM80K

Attachments

• upload_2021-2-21_12-34-48.png
      upload_2021-2-21_12-34-48.png
      852.2 KB · Views: 8

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I keep one mod and tank loaded with unflavored. I'm horrible with fruits. So the unflavored is a nice break from my fails at mixing.

When I made my last order through River Supply I added some new plastic bottles. When I first started DIY I ordered a package of 50ml bottles. I have nursed those bottles along with the few I had saved from commercial ejuice. After 4+years I'm looking forward to new bottles and lids.

From the quotes, I’m guessing you posted in the wrong thread.

• Agree
    Reactions: Diver9543

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Great review Hitt. When I first learned of this mod and it's multi-colored light function the first thing that came to mind was--

200.gif

yes it took me all of about five seconds after turning it on to turn off the lights.

Reactions: Skeebo

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Good review Hitt, different looking device that takes a 21700.

Yes it's really different looking. I didn't like the LED lights in the body and turned them off immediately. It's a pretty inexpensive mod.

Reactions: bigbob2322
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread