Rincoe Manto X Mesh 228W TC Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the Manto X Mesh 228W TC Kit from Rincoe. The Manto X Mesh 228W TC Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Nicole from Rincoe.

http://www.rincoe.com/product/showproduc...=cn&id=126

Introduction

Rincoe hit the ground running earlier this year with their debut device the Manto which surprised many has it out performed it's competition in it's own price range and some. Recently more devices have been added to their portfolio, showing they weren't a one hit wonder but a vaping manufacturer here to stay. In this review i have a look at one of three devices they have released recently the Manto X which in this kit is paired with the Metis Mix tank. Rincoe claim the Manto X is the smallest dual 18650 battery device in the marketplace and after looking at my other devices that have had the same claim made about them their are fractions in it so i'm not prepared to back their claim or say their wrong, it's very small let's leave it at that. Shaped like the Reuleaux Gen3 Dual along with it's size it's swallowed up by the hand and very comfortable, but this is misleading as it's a very powerful dual device that can accommodate 30mm tanks without overhang, so let's give it a good look!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Box

Contents:

1 x Rincoe Manto X 228W TC Box Mod (no cells)
1 x Rincoe Metis Mix Top Filling 6ml Vape Tank (0.15ohm Single Mesh Coil)
4 x Replacement O-rings
1 x USB Charging Cable
2 x User Manual
1 x Warranty Card
1 x Certificate Card

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aesthetics and ergonomics

The Manto X Kit comes in cardboard box packaging and on opening i was greeted with plenty of documentation in the way of Warranty, Quality assurance and Battery safety Cards as well of course as a Manual. I received the Red version, it's also available in Grey, Blue and Black, all versions come with a Silver Metis Mix tank. As mentioned the device is tiny for a dual battery device and shaped like the Reuleaux Gen3 Dual but feels superior in build quality and finish and that's not a dig at the Gen3 it's just the Manto X is impressively well made. The device is made of Zinc alloy and seems like the metal has good thickness, the back which looks like a removable panel but isn't, front panel and buttons are all Black and not sure of the material but again seems quality although very much a fingerprint magnet, the device has a Stoving varnish finish. Both front and back panels claim real estate on the sides of the device giving it aesthetically pleasing accents, also towards the top both sides we have large venting slots to keep the chip cool and help with venting if needed. The front of the device see's a lip at the top which adds to the size of tanks the device will accommodate, below this is a large fire button followed by the front panel. The front panel houses the screen followed by the triangular shaped navigational button, triangle pointed upwards for up and triangle pointed downwards for down, finally central bottom is the micro USB port. The bottom of the device is the hatch door for inserting the batteries, this has printed branding and safety stamps and the catch mechanism. Moving up top we have a Gold plated, spring loaded 510, both the pocket friendly size and shape make the device very ergonomic.

Metis Mix Specs and Features:

Size: 25mmX 41.3mm
Tank Capacity: 6ml (max)
Resistance Single Mesh Coil 0.15ohm (40-70W)
Other coils available:
Dual mesh coil: Kanthal 0.2ohm (60-90W)
Triple mesh coil: Kanthal 0.15ohm (80-110W)
Quadruple mesh coil: Kanthal 0.15ohm (130-180W)
810 drip tip
Material:Resin drip tip Stainless steel& Quartz bubble glass
Top-fill
Bottom airflow
Thread: 510
Colours: SS

Metis Mix Overview

The Metis Mix is a beefy 25mmm in diameter tank with base tapering outwards as does the top-cap giving it a crowned look and bulge glass. The Metis Mix is top fill and the top-cap screws off revealing 2 large filling ports that are not far off half circles so almost meet each other. The top-cap isn't a bayonet style or comes off with half a turn like tanks of late but it's saving grace is the threading is very impressive in fact this is a good moment to mention build quality, machining and tolerances are of the highest standard. The base unscrews along with the coil which is threaded to the airpipe (first time was an ordeal trying to get it undone but then undoes with relative ease). The glass per norm is secured top and bottom via o-rings, moving to the base we have branding and a non-adjustable, Gold plated 510 pin which when it comes to hybrid safe i would air on the side of caution. The supplied coil is a Kanthal single mesh with a 0.15ohm resistance with a rating of 40w to 70w and a big pro full coil specs are clearly visible on the coil head. This coil is a beast for a single mesh with a wide bore down the centre so i am already thinking loads of air and probably loud. Their are 3 other coils available which are a Kanthal dual mesh 0.2ohm rated between 60w to 90w, a Kanthal triple mesh 0.15ohm rated between 80w to 110w and for those with cast iron lungs the quad mesh 0.15 rated between 130w to 180w (no thanks). The capacity of the tank is an impressive 6ml but looking at the pictures of the other coil heads they do look slightly bigger probably reducing capacity slightly. The drip tip is a very nice looking resin 810 but if you want to use your own and want a tight fit you need to use ones with fitted o-rings. So far so good but! no spare glass, no spare drip-tip, no 510 adaptor and worst of all and a first one on me no spare coil which is a massive con.

Performance of Metis Mix

I will keep the performance of the tank separate from the Manto X device as i didn't use the tank that long before trying other tanks on the device. The reason i didn't use the tank long is i don't like e-liquid on a device and the Metis Mix does leak. I believe it's the bore being so wide and open on this single mesh coil contributing to it and the airflow slots are very low so any escaping juice comes straight out the slots. I have known worse leaking tanks but personally i don't use tanks which also need me to be armed with tissue. I did use the tank enough to say their is nothing wrong with the flavour in fact the flavour was very good and i used the tank with the airflow at halfway as it gives loads of air much more suited to high wattage rather than the 60w i was at. I actually believe the tank will be much better with the other coils available and with the bores being narrower on the coils leaking will probably be much reduced but as i was only supplied with the one coil i am just assuming. The other thing to mention is the tank is loud but again how wide the bore is on the single mesh coil will be a contributing factor.

Manto X Specs and Features:

Size: 75*40*37mm
Battery: 2*18650 batteries (NOT Included)
Output: 1-228W
Input voltage: 6.0-8.4V
PCB Efficiency: 95%
USB charging: 5V/2A
Max output current: 50A
Max output voltage: 8.0V
Modes: VW/TC/TCR/Bypass
Material: zinc alloy + stoving varnish
Thread: 510
Colours: Grey, Red, Blue, Black

Fitting the Batteries

The dual 18650 batteries get fitted via the base of the device by opening the hatch door by physically moving the latch mechanism. When opened their is some play with the door, it's not bad by any means but would like to see it tighter, also although battery orientation is clearly marked inside the battery compartment on the hatch door yet again Black on Black. After saying that the door fastens securely and whether their are batteries fitted or not their is absolutely no movement with the door shut and no rattles whatsoever, overall good job!

The Display

The display on the Manto X is very bright and sharp and well laid out. Top left we have the two battery status indicator bars, to the right is the mode you are in. Underneath what i have just mentioned is the wattage with unit which will be temperature with unit when in temp control. Further down we have real time seconds vaped which is displayed inside a box, underneath this we have the resistance then finally at the bottom of the screen the voltage which changes to watts when in temp control.

Navigating The Manto X

Turning the device on is the usual 5 clicks of the fire button and again 5 clicks to turn it off. Navigation is very easy and is all done on one level so no entering sub-menus. Their are some combo key press functions which are the up and down button together locks the device but it will still fire, pressing the up and down buttons again unlocks the device. Pressing the up, down and fire buttons together locks and unlocks the resistance, fire and down when in Temp control allows you to set wattage for temp control and when in TCR mode fire and up allows you to enter TCR value. To go between the various modes press the fire button 3 times which causes the mode to blink on the display then using the navigational buttons you can change modes between VW, Bypass, NI, TI, SS and TCR, when you have reached the mode you want press the fire button to select that mode. That's it! you really can't get a device that's any easier to use.

My Experience Using The Manto X

As ever i have to point out i do not vape using temp control and do not have access to data so simply review vaping products based on my experience of using them. The Manto X feels a solid compact device in the hand with a nice fire button position which has a ridge above which both helps to prevent accidental operation of the button and a guide to it's position making it easy to find. When pressing the fire button quickly to change modes or during turning the device off it fires the response is that frighteningly quick, it doesn't ease into wattage but hits set wattage instantly, very impressed. Of course 228W doesn't sound possible with dual 18650's certainly not under normal vaping conditions and i have no way of knowing top wattage but after using the device despite it's tiny size it just feels full of power. The original Manto device was an excellent device with impressive chipset that from what i heard tackled TC well so no reason for me to believe the Manto X is any different. The up and down, plus and minus, however you refer to them are the opposite way round to normal which is a small con. Some might find the navigational buttons being a big con but personally i normally go the wrong way with devices because my brain says up down not down up so this device suits me because the way up the triangle buttons are also indicate the direction i really don't see a big issue. The device alters in 0.1w increments but with the button kept pressed it speeds up nicely and switches to 1w increments. It's a very small device yet it accommodates 30mm atty's without overhang so i have mainly been using it with my Steam Crave Graz which at 31mm overhangs just the front of the device by a hair making the Manto X one of the few devices i have that it actually looks good on. The efficiency of the device also impressed as battery life was noticeably very good compared with other dual 18650 devices. The Manto X also supports 2A charging and is fully firmware upgradeable.

Final Thoughts

The Metis Mix has the potential to be an excellent tank and does have 4 available mesh coil heads but is very leaky with the supplied single mesh 0.15ohm coil provided, it's also on the loud side. I'm also not impressed with what you get with the tank as their is just o-rings provided and that's it, no spare coil, glass, or drip tip options. The Manto X is an impressive device, a compact powerhouse able to accommodate very large atty's which will make it much sought after.

Nice aesthetically pleasing shape
Pocket friendly tiny dual battery device
Good colour choices
Nice accented aesthetics and finish
Solid build quality
No button rattle
No movement or rattle from hatch door with or without batteries
Powerful device
Fires and hits set wattage instantly
Noticeably good battery life
Very user friendly
Up to 30mm atty's without overhang
6ml capacity
Very good flavour from supplied mesh coil
Full coil specs visible on coil head
2A charging
Firmware upgradeable
Very good price (i was shocked how cheap this kit or device on it's own can be bought for)

Cons

Black on Black battery orientation hatch door
Slight play when door open
Fingerprint Magnet
No Curves or preheat features (only a con if you use these features)
Metis Mix Leaky with provided coil
Metis Mix loud
No 510 adaptor or spare glass
Only one coil provided (very poor)

I would once again like to thank Nicole from Rincoe for supplying the Manto X Mesh 228W TC Kit for the purpose of this review.

http://www.rincoe.com/product/showproduc...=cn&id=126

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread