Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Rincoe Tix Pod System, A Stylish New Option

Rinoce is a fairly new name on the vaping scene. They made a splash with their stylish Mechman box mod, and now have released a few pod systems for us. I was fortunate and am grateful to have been sent a Rincoe Tix Pod System for review from Ada and @VincentV at Vaporl for review, but my opinion is my own and based on my personal experience and not upon how I received it. This opinion is my subjective experience, and should be read as such.

So, with the usual disclaimer out of the way, let’s talk pod systems. Pod systems continue to multiply like rabbits. We see some interbreeding between pod systems becoming more common, so our rabbits now have floppy ears, long ears, different colored ears, and whatever other variation on a rabbit you can imagine for Easter. Unlike rabbits, our pods must function as well as look cuddly. The combination of both is the best.

Rincoe is pretty new to the vape market and seem to wish to cover a wider spectrum with both traditional regulated mods, and pod systems ranging from a simple stick sort of design to a full, grown up pod system the Tix is. That’s nice to see, as it suggests they are committed to the different styles of vapers out there, and not just looking to grab one portion of the market to the detriment of others. The Tix Pod system is their “full featured” pod. It’s a rectangular design with a pod internally mounted the battery/mod, with a non-removable drip tip on top making for a clean design. They put some very nice effort into making the design pleasing, with a dark dull finish on much of the body and rear removable door, where the pod sits (pictures to follow), and a front panel with a chrome accent and a metallic resin-like panel available in several designs for personal expression.

Rincoe Tix designs.JPG

There are seven varieties including two with national flags. I received the “flame” version. The box reflects the design you purchased, which is a nice touch over a simple sticker.

IMG_2788.jpg

Inside the box is the pod mod, with the pod already installed and with a replaceable 0.8 ohm more direct lung intended coil head in place. There is also included an additional 1.0 ohm coil designed more for mouth to lung use. Rather than simply rely on coil design and the inner size of the air channel to determine MTL vs. DL, the Tix offers adjustable airflow on the pod, so you can dial in just the right amount of air for the draw you prefer. That is a really nice feature on a pod. The airflow control is on the bottom ring holding the coil in place, and is internal to the mod, so you need to adjust it with the pod itself outside the mod. There is also a lanyard, instruction manual, warning card, warranty card, and a USB C cable as this pod charges via USB C, which is a great new standard to see them choose.No more twisting around which way the cable gets inserted. And there is a lanyard for those who misplace their pod all the time like me.

IMG_2791.jpg

The back panel is held on quite well with magnets, and pops off with a little pull slot on the bottom for your fingernail to reveal the pod itself. The pod is simply press ft into the body of the mod. There is a fill tab on the side, allowing you to fill it while still in the mod, but given the dark translucent plastic used, it’s tough to see your fill line, so I found it easiest to fill the pod unmounted. The pod holds 2 ml of juice and the integrated mouthpiece is very comfortable to use. It also has two slot areas around the air chimney so if you flip the mod you can see your remaining juice level without removing the pod, which is an elegant solution for an internal pod design.

IMG_2797.jpg

IMG_2800.jpg

Now, some specs on the system

IMG_2806.jpg

Here are their included specs. On the side of the mod there is the USB C port and a button to change power settings. There are two LEDs, one for power selection and one for battery charge. The mod allows you to choose from three power levels, 3.3V (red), 3.65V (blue) and full battery charge Level 3 (green). This is for want of a better description, a hybrid semi direct DC output device so as you use the battery, voltage will decrease, lowering power delivered to the coil. If you choose either levels two or three however, you get a constant 3.65V or 3.3V, until the battery drains down to that selected voltage, and then continues to drop, cutting off at 3.2V. I found level two 3.65V worked well on the 0.8 ohm coil, which is a mesh design, as well as with the 1 ohm simple wire mouth to lung coil. Full output on a full battery at 4.2V to the mouth to lung coil might get a bit toasty, but that’s personal preference and the flexibility is there for you.

Battery levels are reflected by green, 50-100%, blue 15-50%, and red <15% and essentially off. It will not fire below the 3.2V cutoff. The battery itself is rated at 1,000 mAh, so reasonable run time can be obtained if you are not vaping multiple volumes of a pod a day. I could get roughly 1 and ½ pods, 3 ml ,from a single charge with the 3.65V setting with the 0.8 ohm coil, and virtually the same with the 1 ohm coil. It charges at 1A.

Oh, the fire button! It’s located on the front/side top corner of the mod, and is simply a beauty to behold! It really is one of the nicest fire buttons I’ve ever seen, and shows great attention to detail.

IMG_2804.jpg

It’s slightly raised with a pattern and style reminiscent of a high end clear coar red car grill logo than a mod. It is a beautiful piece of styling. It’s also comfortable to find and sue, and provides great tactile feedback. It is a seriously great piece of design. Did I already say it is beautiful? The back is not ignored, with a grippy engraved texture and tasteful branding.

IMG_2794.jpg

So, finally, performance. First the airflow on the direct lung coil with the air slot wide open is a pleasant, mildly restricted draw. With a 70/30 VG juice it produces a nice cloud. Close the air slot down and use the 1.0 ohm coil and it’s a pretty tight draw that will satisfy those looking for a tight mouth to lung experience. As to flavor, the coils are roughly the same, with somewhat muted taste. I really wish the coils provided better flavor, as it would place the pod system in the top tier. I didn’t think one coil had any advantage over the other in flavor. Both kept up with several draws in a row with no sign of decreased wicking. I don’t like to commit to coil life based on a single coil and a week’s experience, but both are still working after that time without a significant drop in flavor.

Pros and Cons

Pros
  • Beautiful design with nice weight and the feel of a quality product
  • Pod is simple to fill
  • Adjustable airflow to get the perfect draw
  • It does work in both restricted direct lung and a tighter mouth to lung experience.
  • Adoption of USB C port for charging, no more fumbling with which way to insert the cable
  • Great integrated mouthpiece
  • Nice flip upside down to see the remaining much juice by examining that mouthpiece

Cons
There are a few, some pickier than others

• Direct voltage output does mean a fall off in performance as the battery drains, but really only an issue with a “full power” setting. The regulation to 3.65 or 3.3V decreases the issue and is likely the way most will use the device, especially for mouth to lung use
  • Slightly small battery for the size and weight of the device at 1,000 mAh. I wish it were more
  • Flavor could be better from the coil, but that’s subjective, you might like it
  • Back panel is held on well by magnets, but does have slight movement but there is no rattle
  • I wish the plastic was a bit lighter to see the juice level better
  • Changing the airflow requires removal of the pod from the device
  • Only one included pod although 2 different style coils are included. An extra would be a bonus, but now I’m being greedy

So, in summary, I feel Rincoe created a beautifully designed product. It offers what it claims to, both direct lung (moderately restricted but about average with any pod claiming direct lung) and a tight mouth to lung performance. It feels great in the hand with a fire button perfect for thumb fire.The pod itself only hold 2 ml, so if you use this with lots of air and vapor you will be refilling it during the day. The battery is adequate but I wish it were a bit bigger for longer run time if getting through a full day is a goal. The coils perform as described on airflow but I do wish flavor was better from both given the high quality of the pod system itself.

Overall I’ll give props to Rincoe for entering the pod world with a quality product. If you like the designer look and want a quality feel, this pod definitely provides it. If Rincoe comes out with a new coil for use with somewhat better flavor is would be a top contender, but that’s a subjective opinion, as you might find the flavor just fine.

Thanks for reading,
Eskie

If you wish to see more, higher quality photos visit Vaporl at Rincoe Tix Pod System Vape Kit - 1000mAh & 2ml

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread