The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Riskee/Ruyan #4 health hazard

Discussion in 'Health, Safety and Vaping' started by Kaston, Oct 7, 2009.

Do you get infected taste buds from Riskee/Ruyan #4

1. Yes

2. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kaston

Kaston Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 14, 2008
    Texas, USA
    I made about this same post 10 months ago asking the question "is Riskee risky?", and now I am stating it rather than asking.

For me, Riskee/Ruyan #4 causes infected taste buds if vaped for more than 2 days in a row.

An infected taste bud is when just one taste bud swells, turns red/white, and causes great pain on your tongue. My mother used to call them "lie bumps". You also might be familiar with then from eating too much acidic citrus-based fruits like lemons or pineapples.

I have done my own little study with this juice and I have gotten the same results for 6 months straight after I made the connection. This has not occurred with any of the other juices I use.

After 2 days of just Riskee/Ruyan #4, I will get at least one infected taste bud. If I do not switch juices, the infection continues and spreads to other taste buds. When I do switch to another juice, the infection begins to heal and go away.

Riskee/Ruyan #4 is my favorite flavor juice and even though the infection is painful, I will not give it up. I just use it in moderation.

If this has happened to you, please share. It could be that I am allergic to an ingredient and thus not a concern for most of the vaping population.

Thanks!

2. crashtestjeep

crashtestjeep Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 14, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    maybe its just ur bodys reaction? ive had no problems----what brand are u using? strength?vg or pg? hmmmm, strange! it will be interesting to see responses, tho!

3. miche11e

miche11e Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    San Antonio, Texas
    I have been vaping Riskee 24mg (Pure Smoker)for over 3 weeks straight. It is my #1 with zero issues. I hope this gets better over time for you.

4. seminolewind

seminolewind Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

There must be something in there that you are having an allergic reaction to?

5. Tweak

Tweak Full Member

Aug 17, 2009
    I have been having this happen since I started vaping mostly w/ pg. It occurs mostly when I vape the same flavor exclusively without switching. I don't know what it is but it is better than smoking. I used to get the same result when eating too many acidic foods also. Is it really an infection, or is it a reaction. Would like to know as I have researched and am pretty sure how to alkalize when acidic. Have been analog free three months today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.