Riva 510 750mah Standard & Riva 510 750mah SE Cutoff Times

Status
Not open for further replies.

JW50

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
USA Kentucky
Have never noticed any cut-off time with manual Riva. But tested on one of mine. Got to 15 seconds with no cut-off. Stopped it myself. Perhaps you mean cut-off voltage at indicated re-charge. I think cut-off voltage is 3.4 volts unloaded and about 3.05 loaded. Don't think there is any difference in SE versus regular in any regard (except band color). IMO, gets weak toward tail end of re-charge cycle but noticeably exceeds eGo prior to tail end.

billo

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Wesley Chapel, FL
My 750 ma normal (I think) Riva battery puts out for at least 8 seconds. Afraid to go beyond that since I'm using a LR atty (2 ohms) and I don't want to burn out the atty. I tried 8 seconds just for you. I've never had my eGo's cut out either.

Question: Why would you want to hold it down that long anyway ? Get a LR atty and 2 to 3 seconds is plenty ! No feeling of sucking through a straw ! (I'm using a LR type B eGo tank atty.)

ditc

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
@ billo

haha, because i'm a maniac! i'm using a non-riva ego clone at the moment, with both 2.0 ohm lr cartos, and dual coil 1.5 ohm cartos with 36mg 100% pg liquids, and there is a 7 second cutoff, and that's not long enough for me!

@ jw50

yeah, i was referring to the cutoff time of when you press the button down until the battery cuts the power off, not the cut off voltage time.

thanks guys for the info! strange though how much the cutoff time varies between you guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread