Riva battery just will NOT die! (15 hrs +)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jons

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2010
Hot Hot Hot South
So I bought a new Riva kit and after waiting :-x a week for it to show up I have to say it was worth it:headbang:. This is the best part.... the battery. I charged both batteries and today started vaping.:vapor: I heard that these batteries last 6 to 8 hours give or take depending on how much you vape. I'm a pack a day smoker...well was,lol.:) So I got up and started vaping around 7:30, spent maybe 30 mins on the pass thru and as of right now its 10:30:w00t: and this crazy battery is still goin strong!!!!! This is freakin awsome! I'm lovin it!:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Last edited:

THE

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2008
USA
I think it's also bad for these batteries to let them sit around fully charged.. would like some input from someone because that's what I got from that 14 page battery thread I read on here.. I think the batteries like to be somewhere around 90% charged for storage?

I, too, was amazed when I got a better battery for the first time. I have the Hello016.. The stupid thing will last two days.. a full full day if you absolutely chain vape the :censored: out of it. I could see someone who uses it occasionally going three days!!

jons

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2010
Hot Hot Hot South
Honestly if you really want to know all about batteries call batteries plus. Now I guess I cant say that this is true everywhere but I worked at one for a while (" um yes I have forgotten everything,lol") and those guys were battery nuts.... like they studied batteries all day long,lol. Honestly it seems as if they knew everything there ever was to know about batteries.

ComaKid

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Pennsylvania
That's Great! But, don't completely drain the batteries before you recharge them. If you do it will greatly shorten their life expectancy. I try to recharge my batteries when the are about 3/4% depleted - no more.

When the Riva battery starts flashing indicating that its time for a charge, they are not 100% drained. Charging these battery's before the flashing light is superfluous. You are not hurting your Riva battery's by vaping on them till they flash.

ComaKid

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Pennsylvania
I think it's also bad for these batteries to let them sit around fully charged.. would like some input from someone because that's what I got from that 14 page battery thread I read on here.. I think the batteries like to be somewhere around 90% charged for storage?

I, too, was amazed when I got a better battery for the first time. I have the Hello016.. The stupid thing will last two days.. a full full day if you absolutely chain vape the :censored: out of it. I could see someone who uses it occasionally going three days!!

As with all battery's, charging is recommended before storage.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas

According to Battery University, How to prolong lithium-based batteries, the best possible storage conditions are at 40% charge in the refridgerator.

jons

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2010
Hot Hot Hot South
Now this is crazy. I finally put that battery on the charger and started using the other one that came in my kit. I started vaping around 7:30 am.... I vaped on the that battery untill I went to bed round 1:00 am..... it is now after 10:00 am the following day and this battery is still going, its got to dying to get on that charger,lol. Thats just weird.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
As someone said, the voltage regulator circuit inside the battery also shuts down the battery and gives you a few flashes to let you know. It maintains the vape voltage under load at around 3.3vdc while you are vaping. That maintains the vapor production at close to max until just before shutdown. The battery still has charge left when it makes you recharge. There's just not enough current capability to keep the atomizer at optimum heat.

THE

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2008
USA
Good to hear, for some reason my 2 ego batteries just wont charge.. they've both just stopped! the green light is on the charger, waiting for a battery but when screwed on, nothing.. I dont think 2 batteries can die at once, but I cant see anything wrong with the charger :?:

This has happened to other people
I think especially using LRs
Do a quick search on it

Travis798

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Oklahoma
Completely false.

According to battery university, it's true. Partial discharges with frequent recharges are better for lithium ion batteries than a full discharge/deep recharge. I mix it up considering lithium ion batteries also have a limited amount of of charge cycles. I sometimes run it down without thinking, sometimes on purpose, and sometimes charge it before it is fully discharged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread