Riva... why didn't I just START with this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

christianadivine

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2010
I've been using my new Riva for a week with the original Joye 510 atty that I got with my Joye 510 kit and it's amazing. In 5 days I've only had to recharge/switch out batteries 3 times... that's NOT bad at all. I was having to recharge my Joye 510 batts at least 3 or 4 times... a day. XP

Thanks everyone for being so helpful on this board. I'm more than happy with my new upgrade. :D

From one noobie to another (should any be reading this), get a Riva or eGo to save yourself the worry of having to buy a PCC and constantly change out batts. It's alot more convenient. :p

Jonmo1

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
Bryan, TX
Yup, love my Riva.
Got mine at about 7 weeks in, what a difference.

Here's another must have...

If you spend alot of time (work) in front of a computer, get a USB passthrough...

I just got the Hello Sit Or Go, that thing is cool.
It works plugged in, or as a battery itself.

So while sitting at my desk, it's plugged in.
Gotta go somwhere, just unplug it and go.

christianadivine

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2010
Yes it is, being a slave to the charger gets old fast. There are some (light users) who are happy with the smaller batteries but for me a regular battery did not seem to last for more than 1 hr. Got on ego and its much better.

It does get old fast. I can imagine that a regular joye 510 wouldn't be bothersome for a light user, but I guess I'm not such a "light" user. LOL. It's also nice having to carry few things around. =] no more bulky pcc for me. =P

christianadivine

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2010
Yup, love my Riva.
Got mine at about 7 weeks in, what a difference.

Here's another must have...

If you spend alot of time (work) in front of a computer, get a USB passthrough...

I just got the Hello Sit Or Go, that thing is cool.
It works plugged in, or as a battery itself.

So while sitting at my desk, it's plugged in.
Gotta go somwhere, just unplug it and go.

Funny that you mention that because I was thinking of getting a USB passthru as well as a usb to car lighter converter for when i'm in the car. :p maybe when i get some extra cash i'll get one. =] what website did you buy your passthru from? =]

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
I had to switch to a mod within a month of starting. I could not handle charging batts constantly. I had two chargers plugged in and four 901 batteries rotating through them all the time. Hated it. By the time I even heard of a Riva or eGo I was already making mods. I bought a Riva a month or so ago just to see what all the hype was about. I'm actually hitting on my Riva right now. Rockin' an 808 carto (with adapter) and some home brewed licorice. Very nice.
I find I prefer to use this little thing unless I'm wanting a high voltage vape. My 18650 batteries are feeling left out.

Mr.Self_Destruct

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2010
Queens, NY
I found 510 pcc's to be temperamental. The best move I made was upgrading to an ego (knockoff). Now I added 2 more small mods a hello 016 and a Nomad (DSE 905V3). I love big batts and not having to worry about charging. The battery life on the hello 016 is awesome. Not my regularly used PV, but gets use everyday. I've only charged it twice since i received it 2 weeks ago. My 905 is a different story. I'm rotating 3 batts and have charged them many times each.

Voxvolari

Aug 10, 2010
Seattle
www.youtube.com
5V passthroughs are a gateway device to harder mods y'know.
I believe it! I've had my ego a week(and tobacco free for 1 week today as well!) and I've been listening and learning about what I can.....a wetbox mod looks awful spiffy in my book. Oh and a little chuck with some custom graphics*fans herself*lawd-a-mercy chile :p I've also been considering doing polymer clay covered altoids tins mods....or at least decorating the box and having someone help me with the inner mod workings.
You're right! It DOES lead to modding!lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread