Status
Not open for further replies.

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
Who gave Riva's for Christmas gifts this year?

Who did you give them to?

What was the response when they received it?

Inquiring minds want to know :)

We gave a Riva 510 kit to our daughter. She smokes about 1/2 PAD and loves to smoke. She was excited to get it and said she can't wait to show it to a couple of her friends.

I showed her how to work it. She had never seen one before and was very curious about it. Her 4 children were there. They HATE her smoking. One of the twins was sitting at the table watching this. He caught my eye, mouthed the words, "Thank You", and gave me a thumbs up - LOL. He approved.

The kids knew more about e-cigs (safe cigarettes) than she did. They were talking about the vapor, no burning, no tobacco, etc. Her oldest is 16 and the twins are 12. I was shocked that they knew so much about e-cigs. One of them told me they had checked them out on the internet hoping their mom would give the e-cig a try.

I was apprehensive about giving her the Riva kit. I didn't know how or IF she would be open to vaping. She is open to it and excited to give it a try.

It was a wonderful day with family, great food, laughter & love. But Wendy getting and liking her Riva kit was the highlight of my day. I feel this is the first step on a very good journey for her. Something tells me she feels the same. I KNOW her kids think this is a great thing for her.

That's my story on e-cig's for Christmas gifts.
What is your story?

Paula

kgj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2010
NM
I was at a friend's house for Christmas dinner. The woman had tried an E9 model, which didn't work for her. She admired the vapor production on my EGO and said she thought that might work for her. As it happened, I had a fresh, unused Riva kit in the trunk of my car! I gave it to her and will give her some juice and cartos tomorrow. Here's praying for the best!

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
I was at a friend's house for Christmas dinner. The woman had tried an E9 model, which didn't work for her. She admired the vapor production on my EGO and said she thought that might work for her. As it happened, I had a fresh, unused Riva kit in the trunk of my car! I gave it to her and will give her some juice and cartos tomorrow. Here's praying for the best!

You are a beautiful example of a good friend. That was an awesome thing to do for your friend.
I raise a glass to you!

Paula

I did not give them myself but I did the ordering for others to give. so both my brothers got Rivas ! and I have a feeling that I will be their juice store, which I dont mind as long as it keeps them vaping! Oh and I'm loving DIY juice so far even though I have not made anything that tastes good. LOL

Princessa

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2010
TN
The recipient of one of my Riva kit gifts was merely told by phone (she'd heard thru other family that it's worked for me). Rather than have her fall for one of the scam 'free trial' offers, I had to blurt on the phone for her NOT to buy anything just yet ;)

She's very excited! She was going to start Chantix 1/1/11, and just maybe this will save her from that! She won't be in town to do some flavor testing until after the new year, but I'm so excited for when she comes to visit and get her kit!

The other kit giftee, hasn't responded yet as to when he can come over! Doug - where are you!?!?! Your kit (and flavor fest) await!

Here's to saving friends' money and lives, and sharing our bounties!

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
MIKEY - Your wife's intuition was right. When we left our daughter's last night, she had a drip tip in her new Riva too.

PRINCESSA - I did not know this until last night, but on 1-1-11 our daughter planned to start Chantrix too. I had a cousin in Nebraska and a friend here in AZ City try Chantrix. It was Not a Good experience for either one of them. They both are back to smoking and don't even want to talk to me about vaping now. I am feeling like we got to our daughter just in the nick of time.

marlowe33

Nov 29, 2010
Atlanta
I was so excited- I got into vaping just a couple of weeks ago- before, I was PAD for almost 20 years.
My dad, PAD+ for almost 45 years. I had a conversation with him right after I started vaping about how much more I liked it. Then, I order him a 510 kit. I was going to show him this forum and get him hooked up with enough juice to last a couple of weeks until he could place his own order. Long story short, I gave it to him and he looked a little embarrassed. He told me he had quit cold turkey after our prior conversation. I was a little bummed that my present had been a TOTAL dud, but then realized that whatever I had said to him got him off the analogs, so mission accomplished! I still don't know exactly what I said to him, but now I have a spare 510 kit!

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
I was so excited- I got into vaping just a couple of weeks ago- before, I was PAD for almost 20 years.
My dad, PAD+ for almost 45 years. I had a conversation with him right after I started vaping about how much more I liked it. Then, I order him a 510 kit. I was going to show him this forum and get him hooked up with enough juice to last a couple of weeks until he could place his own order. Long story short, I gave it to him and he looked a little embarrassed. He told me he had quit cold turkey after our prior conversation. I was a little bummed that my present had been a TOTAL dud, but then realized that whatever I had said to him got him off the analogs, so mission accomplished! I still don't know exactly what I said to him, but now I have a spare 510 kit!

I wish you would have recorded that conversation with you dad. It must have been powerful. My suggestion is to stay in close contact with your dad. Monitor his continued success, but don't get tooooo snoopy or toooooo pushy. Monitor is as best as you can.

I have know many people that quit and think they are doing just fine. Then one day, out of the blue, they pick up a pack of cigs and are right back to where they were before they quit. You might keep that spare kit handy. You never know when that spare kit is going to be the thing that keeps your dad off cigs again.

I am happy for your dad. Some people are able to quit just like that. My husband did just that 10+ years ago. And to this day, he has never smoked a cigarette. I hope & pray your dad is as successful with it as my hubby was. But Just In Case.... he may need you for back up support.

Merry Christmas and thanks for sharing this great story with us.
Paula

btngchck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2010
Gibraltar, MI
It wasn't a Riva at xmas but it will be this weekend. For xmas, because both boys liked the ones that look like analogs I ordered the 510's. Took my juice stash with me, a few extra atty's and a few drip tips. When I left my son's house he texted me and said it was the nicest xmas he's had in a long time. We really did nothing super special (besides the mimosa's).

The boys had a blast with all the different juices and their 510's. Well, then I let each of them use my eGo's and Riva's. They weren't thrilled with the size, but when they were recharging theirs and mine had no need to recharge the lights got brighter.

Needless to say, at LF's great Riva prices I just ordered them each a kit on Tuesday and they are already on their way.

I can't wait to give them to the boys they will be thrilled once again!

I think they are seriously considering quitting. Whoot!!

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
It wasn't a Riva at xmas but it will be this weekend. For xmas, because both boys liked the ones that look like analogs I ordered the 510's. Took my juice stash with me, a few extra atty's and a few drip tips. When I left my son's house he texted me and said it was the nicest xmas he's had in a long time. We really did nothing super special (besides the mimosa's).

The boys had a blast with all the different juices and their 510's. Well, then I let each of them use my eGo's and Riva's. They weren't thrilled with the size, but when they were recharging theirs and mine had no need to recharge the lights got brighter.

Needless to say, at LF's great Riva prices I just ordered them each a kit on Tuesday and they are already on their way.

I can't wait to give them to the boys they will be thrilled once again!

I think they are seriously considering quitting. Whoot!!

This brought a big smile to my face. Talk about a happy ending. They will love their Riva's and they still have their 510's for back ups or to let friends try out.

Talked to our daughter last night. Gave her a Riva Kit (510) for xmas. She is already down to 6 cigs a day and told me she will be off cigs forever on 1-1-11.

Doing a happy dance here for both of us. We've done a good thing for your children.

Paula

fakesmiles85

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I didn't give a riva for xmas but I did get my best friend a 510 kit. She's been a PAD smoker for about 6 years now and I have fully converted her. She ordered her first set of juices and I love being able to show her all the little tricks and tips that go along with ecigs. I have been thinking of switching to a Riva and if Vapor Pure gets theres back in stock before their sale ends, I just might order 2 of them at the wonderful price they are offering them at!

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I wish you would have recorded that conversation with you dad. It must have been powerful. My suggestion is to stay in close contact with your dad. Monitor his continued success, but don't get tooooo snoopy or toooooo pushy. Monitor is as best as you can.

I have know many people that quit and think they are doing just fine. Then one day, out of the blue, they pick up a pack of cigs and are right back to where they were before they quit. You might keep that spare kit handy. You never know when that spare kit is going to be the thing that keeps your dad off cigs again.

I am happy for your dad. Some people are able to quit just like that. My husband did just that 10+ years ago. And to this day, he has never smoked a cigarette. I hope & pray your dad is as successful with it as my hubby was. But Just In Case.... he may need you for back up support.

Merry Christmas and thanks for sharing this great story with us.
Paula

Hi Paula,
I agree totally with you. I gave 510 sets to a newly wedded couple who were thrilled about it. (She more than the new hubby since the new wife doesn't smoke). And before I left to go home, he decided to 'test' to see which he liked better--the real thing or the ecig. He said the ecig was better. A few days later--she calls to tell me that he 'slipped' again but is still using the ecig. I know everyone is different and we all have our 'triggers' that make us think we just HAVE to smoke. That is what I wanted to say to marlow. Just be supportive of your dad as he may experience a time when he feels---if only I had one cig. I would let him know that his christmas present is still available to him should he decide there may be a need for it. Very few people actually can quit 'cold turkey' and for those that do---I stand and applaud them. You both must be very proud of your family for doing so. I know that I could never do that and I thank god everyday that I found ecigs and this forum. Without them I wouldn't be able to say that I am going on 5 months of being a non-smoker.
Hope everyone had a very merry christmas.
wv

btngchck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2010
Gibraltar, MI
This brought a big smile to my face. Talk about a happy ending. They will love their Riva's and they still have their 510's for back ups or to let friends try out.

Talked to our daughter last night. Gave her a Riva Kit (510) for xmas. She is already down to 6 cigs a day and told me she will be off cigs forever on 1-1-11.

Doing a happy dance here for both of us. We've done a good thing for your children.

Paula

Paula,

We definitely have done well here........I'm joining you in the happy dance!!!

Ardeagold

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2010
Maryland
I gave a Pink Riva kit to my DIL and an eGo Passthru to my son. (We were reviewing the website together and that's what they chose). They live in OK, and I'm in MD, so have been trying to get them info about use via the net (and phone). Haven't heard about her experience yet, but was on the phone with him when he took his first hit off the eGo. cough cough cough LOL My son joined ECF the other night.

Have to touch base and see how they're doing. They're both PAD smokers, so I hope this "sticks". I do know she bought a second Riva kit and some more cartos. All from LF. :)

Heartisan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2010
North Cali
I bought an Ego for my sister and a Riva kit for my best friend.
I wound up giving both to my sister, since I only got her one battery. She had been hesitant about trying it before now - she tried mine once and got dizzy.
I got a call the day after Christmas that it was the best gift she had ever gotten. :) I gave her enough of a juice selection to last her six months.
Now I'm looking for another Riva kit for my friend. Her birthday is January 6th.

Yay!!!! For converting people! :laugh:

roxics

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Detroit MI
I got my mom a white eGo for Christmas. She loved getting it and is very excited to start using it, but is waiting to use it until after she has eye surgery next week. She say's she can't see well enough right now to fill the cartos. Completely understandable.

My brother is in town and I was going to get him a Riva but he's the kind of guy that usually thinks stuff like this is ridiculous and gimmicky. Nor did I think he would take the time to actually do all the filling and stuff. So I wanted to judge his reaction to mine and my moms. He mentioned that he was planning to start taking Chantix and seems fairly interested in my Riva and my mom's eGo. So I bought him and myself a special edition steel Riva this week and we just got them today. He was happy to get it and receptive to the idea of using it. But he coughs heavy every time he takes a drag. So I'm afraid he'll be hesitant to use it. Only time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread