RMV and Cignot Joye 510

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennlsnoopy

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Spokane, Wa
www.myspace.com
Do RMV and Cignot sell the same Joye 510? I've heard there are "fake" ones out there and I got a kit from RMV a couple of weeks ago and I really love it. The atty is what people would consider the "real" or "original" and they have been out of stock on kits so I ordered kits from Cignot this time. Looks to be the same (just without the box) but I was wondering if anyone knew if the attys and stuff really are the same.

I really hope they are cause I couldn't wait any longer for RMV to be in stock and I love the prices at cignot. Thanks!

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I haven't ordered from Cignot, but I feel confident in saying they're the same. As far as I know, there's only two 510 atties, the one's made by Joye and SLB (I guess it was a joint effort or something) which are the "name brand" atties (or originals if you want to call it that), then there's the L2 or clone atties which are made by SLB only, and have the hidden coil (all you see is a washer at the bottom), wider bridge, and no visible wick.

I'll be doing a review on the clone atties in the next day or two as soon as I hear back from a supplier who shipped me them without realizing the difference. In short, I prefer the originals, but the clones have their advantages, one being better flavor due to cooler vapor.

jennlsnoopy

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Spokane, Wa
www.myspace.com
I know RMV has the originals because I saw a pic on one of the threads of a "real" (white under bridge) and a "fake" one (metal washer around it). I am hoping that cignots are the same since I like these so much. Either way I haven't heard any complaints about cignot so I'm sure they will be good. Thanks everyone!

Applejackson

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Albany, NY
I haven't ordered from Cignot, but I feel confident in saying they're the same. As far as I know, there's only two 510 atties, the one's made by Joye and SLB (I guess it was a joint effort or something) which are the "name brand" atties (or originals if you want to call it that), then there's the L2 or clone atties which are made by SLB only, and have the hidden coil (all you see is a washer at the bottom), wider bridge, and no visible wick.

I'll be doing a review on the clone atties in the next day or two as soon as I hear back from a supplier who shipped me them without realizing the difference. In short, I prefer the originals, but the clones have their advantages, one being better flavor due to cooler vapor.

joyetech worked alone in making the originals. SLB cloned them, and their attys have the washer.

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oh, SLB makes the Joye510 batteries or cartridges? Says "Made by Joyetech and SLB" on the starter kit with original version atties, just figured the whole kit was manufactured by both, but some parts being SLB and some parts being Joye makes much more sense.

GroovyDrag

Sep 29, 2009
Southern Indiana
I purchased the Cignot $35.00 JoyE 510 kit (no manual or box, just the goods) about two months ago. Still using the same atty's and batteries. If they aren't the genuine article then I would be surprised because work flawlessly.

I just ordered a second kit (this time with blue LED's). Should be here Friday! Yay! Their shipping times are beyond outstanding (ordered my kit at 4:45 PM EST yesterday and it shipped yesterday!!)

I double highly recommend cignot.com

Mustang394

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
Colorado Springs, Co
Oh, SLB makes the Joye510 batteries or cartridges? Says "Made by Joyetech and SLB" on the starter kit with original version atties, just figured the whole kit was manufactured by both, but some parts being SLB and some parts being Joye makes much more sense.

Sounds like who ever you bought them from mixed the parts together, according to JOYE they do not work with SLB to produce kits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread