RN4072 Atomizers Poor Vapor Production

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapingMattCA

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
West Palm Beach, FL
I purchased a 5 pack of RN4072s and got them Wednesday. I recently bought a digital multimeter. I tested all of the 5 atomizers. 3 of them mesured out at 3.5 Ohms. The other 2 measured out at 2.5 Omhs. The 3.5 Ohm ones do not vape for ...... The other 2 at 2.5 Omhs have awesome vapor. It looks like First Union has changed their resistance on the RN4072s or sent out atomizers meant for 5-6 V vaping. Per OHMS Law, at 4.2 V (fully charged 3.7 battery) the 3.5 Ohm atomizer is only producing 5 watts of power. At 6 V you get 10 Watts of power. With the 2.5 Ohm atty at 4.2V you get 7 watts of power. At 6V you get 14.4 Watts of power.

See link below for Ohms law calculator.

Ohm's Law Calculator

If anyone else has recently bought RN4072s and having vapor production issues, this is likely the reason for it. Randall has the best customer service of any of the vendors I have done business with. I will be contacting him for replacements for the high resistance atomizers I have since I do not own a 5/6 V device. Hoepfully he has some 2.5 Ohm ones still in stock.

I wanted to let everyone know about this so hopefully you won't be thinking you have issues with your device like I did until I got a digital multimeter and tested them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread