RN4081 shuts off to soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wireguy

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Birmingham Al
I bought a Njoy Pro, my first e-cig, Fortunately I only paid 49 for the kit.

Before my 510 showed up the 4081 started blinking and quit vaping after only 3-4 hits. I would sit it down for 20 minutes to cool and the same thing would happen all over again. It did this with both batteries. Since simultaneous battery failures seem unlikely and I was using multiple carts the only thing I can figure is the atty is causing it. I can't test that because I only have one atty.

I know I am treating the batteries properly.I've pretty much a pro battery wrangler for better than 30 years. I've even read NASA studies on the subject. However I can't totally eliminate the batteries because of the common charger.

Has anybody seen this, and know the cause?

If it's nothing but the atty I think I will resurrect it. After the learning curve I had it working fairly well. It really made learning the 510 easier.

bobnot

Moved On
Sep 3, 2009
derbyshire,UK
hi wireguy
how many blinks of the led are you getting i tend to hit the cut off on my RN4081 on every drag but that is plenty of throat hit and vapour once you hit the 5 second cut off you can hit it again straight away there is no need to wait.
it blinks 5 times(i have 1 battery that blinks 10 times when you hit the cut off) then when the battery is flat it blinks 20 times really fast.
the RN4081 is great very underated there isnt any circumstance where you would need to wait 20 mins before hitting it again.
once it stops flashing you can just go for it again.

Wireguy

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Birmingham Al
The reason for the wait was because it wouldn't hit without waiting. I had been using it for a few weeks with no trouble, I only hit the cut off a couple of times and it allowed me to continue.

It was the 5 blinks. The thing is I shouldn't have been hitting the cut off every time, I wasn't hitting that long. Still don't. The odd thing is it would not hit again unless I let it rest. Then it would work for a few and shut off again.

I did read the manual so I knew what it should be doing, it just isn't. Seems like I have a bad batch of batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread