[RN4801] 'Dolphin' Airhole Cart Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locrine

Oct 26, 2009
*Note: Wall of INTRODUCTION text =P, skip to **START 'DOLPHIN mod'** to begin the 'Dolphin' cart mod.*

Hey ECF,

Allow me to introduce myself, as I am a long time reader - but a first time poster! I'm a United States Infantry Marine, who recently (less than a month) turned to vaping as an alternative to smoking. I'm absolutely LOVING the new found 'hobby.'

I bought (or I suppose, was suckered into) a Smoking Everywhere Gold in the Raleigh, NC Mall. Upon buying it, I began researching E-Cigs and found this forum and have been reading ever since. Through my research I've discovered the SE-G is a rebranded RN4801.

I really like my RN4801, however, I noticed that once I began refilling my own carts that the vapor production and overall usage of the e-cig was down, so while on Thanksgiving Leave, my father(who doesn't even smoke, but seems to absolutely love my e-cigarette) and I set out to find a cart mod that helped fix our dilemma.

We attempted a straw mod, with no avail. We even attempted atty cleanings to see if that was the problem, as well as learning to manipulate air-holes... Nothing seemed to work. We decided we were gonna pop out the small white 'mouthpiece' inside of the cart and see if we could find a new mod to help us. Upon doing so, my father pointed out that the 'mouthpiece' contained no hole, which seemed odd for the purpose it was serving and hence, the 'Dolphin' mod was born.

**START 'DOLPHIN MOD'**

NOTE: PICTURE OF 'MOUTHPIECE' IS ATTACHED TO THREAD

The mod is simple, and I assume uses the same basic principle as the straw mod, yet through my searching of the forums, I've come across no one mentioning this simple mod... I also assume you could simply restuff the cart without the 'mouthpiece' and achieve the same effect, however our tests with Blue Aqua Foam failed, so we decided to stick with the filling(and mouthpiece) that came with the cart.

Step 1: Take an empty RN4801 cart and pop the mouthpiece out of it by using a small pin and poking the hole on the rear of the cart, it should be removed fairly easily.
Step 2: Simply take a small pin and poke a hole in the REAR of the mouthpiece, this allows air to circulate through the filler much easier.
Step 3: Put mouthpiece back inside of the cart and push down with a toothpick, or something similar.
Step 4: Proceed to fill with your favorite EJuice and have a good time vaping!

I've found that this allows you to 1) Fill the carts with much more liquid, and 2) take easier drags that allow for MUCH more vapor production...

Let me know what you think, and if I didn't search enough or something along these lines... But I've found that this is the best working mod so far for my usage. Thanks everyone, and let me know how it goes!

God bless and keep on vaping!

Attachments

• dolphincartmod.jpg
    dolphincartmod.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 87

eclypse

Moved On
Sep 9, 2009
Macomb MI
Hello, i know that mods gota work great as i've made the same back when for my 510 carts. 510 cart vent mod.. Polyfill works great now!

Yeah it releaves the air pressure in the cart so the juice will flow better to the atty.. Works great.

No worries.. different atty/cart.

Oh.. quick tip. The smaller the hole the better.. it helps firm up the draw if its real small.. though with that model you may need the extra air to help the tight draw.

Locrine

Oct 26, 2009
You're right, the smaller the hole does seem to make it better... We also attempted multiple holes, and it didn't seem to help much.

I'm sad I didn't see your 510 post, as it would have alleviate much of my pain, xD. But yeah, this mod seems to be working great, and I hope I can help out some of the other fellow new-vapers!

The straw-mod just seems to inconvenient for me, and this mod seems to accomplish the same thing while keeping the integrity of the cigarette. Power to ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread