Road Trip with my Mini!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CollapsiblePony

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2008
Southern California, USA
So, I just discovered this whole e-smoking thing yesterday after spending a few solid days looking into "healthier" alternatives for my smoking habit. I've smoked long enough that I managed to invite my childhood asthma back into my life, and while I know that esmoking isn't necessarily healthy, it's way better than what I was doing to myself before! I spent all last night trolling around the forum and ordered myself the 901b, and I can't wait for it to get here!

Big question though! I'll be going on a cross country road trip for the holidays, and I want to make sure I have enough supplies to get me through! Any ideas? I'm totally new at this, and I'm still unclear on how long the various bottle/cartridges/atomizers will last typically. I normally smoke about 10-20 ultra light cigs a day. For this trip though, there will be 4 solid days of driving each way, a week at my destination, and a New Years party which is always wicked on the smoking. I usually bring 2 packs of cigs to the party just in case, I'm pretty sure my ecig wil get a whole lot of use between me and my curious heavy smoking friends! Right now I'm assuming my driving days won't be much heavier than normal, though all you former smokers know that's usually hard to predict. Driving all day usually involves quite a bit of smoking! I love the esmoking thing, but I kind of hate not being able to pop into a gas station to pick up supplies in the middle of nowhere if I run out.

Also, i want to get at least one (or two) bottles of 0nic juice, since I know I'm going to want to be playing with my new toy an awful lot and I don't want to overdo my nic intake. Any good US suppliers you guys can reccomend? I noticed puresmoker.com didn't have any 0nic options, unless of course I'm completely blind, which is a possibility :)

This forum is awesome! I'm so glad I found it!

Martoch

Dec 1, 2008
USA
Everything I've read seems to indicate you will get a couple hours(give or take) on a battery, but recharging takes about 4 hours. This will be your first hurdle to get over. You will need several extra batteries and a charger for your car if you're going to depend on your e-cig 100%.

Regarding the juice I gather a typical user needs around 2ml a day.

The atomizers can vary wildly in life expectancy. I've heard anywhere from a couple of weeks to several months, but they burn up rather quickly if you accidentally run them dry. I'd get an extra atomizer or two if I was going to depend it to supply all my nicotine.

What might be of interest is using a USB cable for power and a battery powered USB port while on the road. I know that I read about at least one supplier that was selling a USB cable and someone here on the forums found the battery powered USB cable.

Sorry for not posting relevant links, but I'm still a newb here and don't have that priviledge.

Martoch

Dec 1, 2008
USA
I know that I read about at least one supplier that was selling a USB cable and someone here on the forums found the battery powered USB cable.

I can't edit posts either.:oops:

That should have read:

I know that I read about at least one supplier that was selling a USB cable and someone here on the forums found the battery powered USB port.

I'll just have to let the spelling errors go. :rolleyes:

judasburrito

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2008
Hey! Welcome to the forum.
One place which seems to have steady supplies of zero nicotine juice is Janty: Janty USA

For the trip you're describing, I second the car charger idea. Grab yourself two spare atomizers, and you effectively have a second e-cigarette (the one you can pass around the party for people to try out) and a backup atomizer. That's what I'd recommend. You might want an extra battery too (i.e. a third one)--I know there have been some problems with recent 901 batteries. You're not usually a super-heavy smoker though, so you shouldn't need more than 1-2 spare batteries.

CollapsiblePony

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2008
Southern California, USA
Thanks for the help guys! The car charger is brilliant, I didn't know there was such a thing. Estimating the atomizers I will need is really tricky, because it really does seem to be a shot in the dark as to how long they'll last. Good idea on buying a few extras so my friends can try them out :)

What about cartridges? I'm a little confused about how long those last until the need to be replaced.

Sounds like now I just need to figure out where I'm going to order.... as to optimize my shipping costs. Know where I can get new atomizers and 0nic juice in one place? That would be perfect!

Judas: I just noted your location. I just moved here from Champaign! UIUC represent!

judasburrito

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2008
Hey-o! Greetings from Chambanastan!

Cartridges can generally last a few days if you continue re-filling them with juice (please don't attempt this while driving...). After a few days, rinse them out, air-dry, and re-use. I've only ever thrown away cartridges that cracked from extended use. I would recommend having at least 10 cartridges to rotate through, though.

Not sure where you can get both atomizers and 0-nic juice--that'd be constrained mainly by the shops selling 0-nic juice, as there are far more which sell atomizers for the 901.

Johnson Creek also has 0-nicotine juice:
Johnson Creek Original Smoke Juice - The Best E-Liquid in the World - Made Right Here in America
but no atomizers.

One other option would be to get some pre-filled carts at 0 nic. Puresmoker's got em in Marlboro and Menthol flavors:
PureSmoker.com - Your #1 Source For ECigs, Parts, & Accessories!

Hope this helps,
Matt

CollapsiblePony

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2008
Southern California, USA
Thanks a bunch for the advice! And no, I wouldn't try refilling while driving! I'm clumsy enough as it is.... that would certainly lead to some sort of disaster. I have a road buddy, so I'll train him before we leave :)

It's good to hear about those cartridges, since I ordered from puresmoker.com they sent me an extra 5 as well, so hopefully that will work out for me to start.

Now I just need to order! You guys have been great, thanks! I'm dying for this thing to arrive. Ordering things on a Friday is such a bad idea for the impatient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread