RDA Roughneck rda by VAMP is awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirborneRecon

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Woolwich, ME, USA
I havent seen any reviews yet on the roughneck so i thought i would do the best review i can.

I ordered it in copper from Vape Affliction, it was in a simple plastic pouch and bubble wrapped well, no fancy packaging here. the color match wasnt perfect so i polished it lightly with flitz paste, then boiled all peices to clean and used tarnex to remove any remaining tarnish, afterwards the color match was spot on. I couldnt see any machining oils and the water was clear so i believe the rda was very clean upon arrival.

The deck, hybrid threads, and negative posts are all one solid chunk of stainless with a solid non adjustable, copper positive post which has a very large battery contact. It threaded into my brand new rig mod very smoothly, and with no battery had no wiggle in the threads, same quality with each screw. Excellent machining with no burrs or imperfections.

The coils naturally position high off a deep juice well so the air flows in just underneath the coils. Airflow is adjustable but if its not wide open it wont line up with centered coils well. Its not as open as a doge or mutation with a competition cap but it is close. my build is 24ga gplat (blue edition) 10 wraps on a 1/8 inch rod centered at 0.28 ohms. the coils fire noticeably faster than the same build on my XXIX/Mephisto V1 and the juice well holds more juice than ive seen on any 18650 rda yet. The flavor on this is surprising considering the size of the chamber and amount of airflow, much better than the doge in any configuration.

The only thing i was not full expecting was the diameter of the deck, the rig being a 25mm mod i thought the deck would be larger than the standard TOBH/ Vulcan size, and it is but only by a millimeter or less, my doge sleeve does not fit on the roughneck deck. To make the extra width up the sleeve is very thick, which keeps the atty cool much longer than most, im vaping at .3 ohms and even long chain vaping sessions dont result in anything more than a warm rda.

I apologize for the length but i wanted to be thorough, if anyone has any questions id be happy to answer them, i couldnt be happier with this atty and I would recommend it to anyone who has or is considering a rig mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread