RPM RBA 510 Connector Adapter Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweak401

Sep 2, 2020
Ma
A couple days ago i ordered a smok RPM RBA Coil because i love the rpm coil and i wanted to just build them myself and also to save money. I also purchased a Coil Master DIY V3 Kit with my RBA Coil so i had everything i needed to do my own coils builds. Now i just received my order today but i noticed that there is no way for me to connect my RBA to the 510 mini tester, there wasn't even an adapter inside the kit. I looked online and saw that Coil Master doesn't make an adapter and neither does smok but i did find that a different company makes a RPM RBA as well but it has an adapter so the RBA can be put onto a 510.

Now i looked online but EVERYWHERE is out of the RBA and adapter(they come together, not separate unfortunately) so i wanted to see if someone possible has an extra 1 of those adapters that i could buy from them because until i get that adapter i can't test my coil builds and i don't want to just throw the coil into my new Nord X an then end up breaking it because it wasn't set right or something. If someone does have a spare adapter that they can sell me please private message me asap, thanks. (the adapter im looking for is in the picture below, on the right side. And yes the smok RPM RBA Coil will fit inside that adapter)
9f10fdbee8.jpg.500x500.jpg

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.

Tweak401

Sep 2, 2020
Ma
Is this the one? No mention of a510 in the listing, but looks like it might be there in the pic...
Mechlyfe Compact RBA Deck Kit for Boost / Vinci / RPM / Fetch Mini
That isnt the 1 I'm talking about, but that is the 1 that Borno mentioned. This is the 1 I'm talking about RBA with 510 Adapter

To Borno - ya i wouldn't trust those because the is sooo many parts and i can guarantee I'd lose a bunch but if it didn't have so many pieces I'd definitely get them

borno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2019
land of pleasant living
That isnt the 1 I'm talking about, but that is the 1 that Borno mentioned. This is the 1 I'm talking about RBA with 510 Adapter

To Borno - ya i wouldn't trust those because the is sooo many parts and i can guarantee I'd lose a bunch but if it didn't have so many pieces I'd definitely get them

That one looks good too

Tweak401

Sep 2, 2020
Ma
That one looks good too
I don't care about the coil, just the adapter cause like i said in the original post I love Smok Rpm coils which is why i bought 2 Smok RPM RBA's. Tho unfortunately I can't use my Vape until i get the 510 adapter that's on the right in the picture from the link i posted. If the 510 adapter for the Smok RGC coil is compatible with the RPM RBA coil then that would work also. Either way i need to somehow get my hands on either of the 2 cause I'm starting to feel like .... again from smoking cigarettes

• Optimistic
Reactions: borno

Tweak401

Sep 2, 2020
Ma
Ok so i just watched a video for the RGC RBA Coil and the Omeka RPM RBA Coil. The 510 adapter that comes with the Omeka RPM RBA Coil will work with the Smok RPM RBA Coil but the 510 adapter that comes with the RGC RBA Coil will NOT work with the Smok RPM RBA Coil. It looks like the adapter that comes with the Omeka RPM RBA Coil might be the only adapter option to be able to test fire the Smok RPM RBA Coil on the coil master tester

Last edited:

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Unless you're using crazy complex instagram coils, you really don't have to dry burn a coil. Stock coil heads aren't dry burnt, and as they are wicked from the factory, can't be dry burnt without rewicking them... Hot spots, if they exist, will work their way out in time. The important thing is that the coil doesn't have a short, but the battery has short protections.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Very simple solution.

I saw a video once, and what one guy did to solve this problem with the original Smok RBA was to buy an extra pod and cut the upper portion of the pod tank off. That way he could install the RBA into the base of it, stick it on his pod, and build it like he would build any 510 RBA or an RTA, test fire it, etc.

Once you're all set, wicked-up and whatnot, you remove the RBA from the modified (cut) pod and put it in your actual pod that holds the juice.

Basically you are making a build base for your 510-less RBA out of a pod and all you have to do is take a saw or file to it.

BTW: IIRC, the reason the adapter is not mentioned in the Mechlyfe RBA specs is because it's technically not an adapter, the 510 is built-into the RBA underneath the base. You remove the base to reveal the 510 threads, screw the RBA on a 510 mod or a coilmaster to build it, then you put the base back on when your done and ready to install it into the pod to vape it.

• Useful
    Reactions: HigherStateD

Tweak401

Sep 2, 2020
    Ma
    Very simple solution.

I saw a video once, and what one guy did to solve this problem with the original Smok RBA was to buy an extra pod and cut the upper portion of the pod tank off. That way he could install the RBA into the base of it, stick it on his pod, and build it like he would build any 510 RBA or an RTA, test fire it, etc.

Once you're all set, wicked-up and whatnot, you remove the RBA from the modified (cut) pod and put it in your actual pod that holds the juice.

Basically you are making a build base for your 510-less RBA out of a pod and all you have to do is take a saw or file to it.

BTW: IIRC, the reason the adapter is not mentioned in the Mechlyfe RBA specs is because it's technically not an adapter, the 510 is built-into the RBA underneath the base. You remove the base to reveal the 510 threads, screw the RBA on a 510 mod or a coilmaster to build it, then you put the base back on when your done and ready to install it into the pod to vape it.

That's not a simple solution homie, that's a MacGyver solution. There's no need or reason to go through all that trouble to test fire a rebuildable coil, especially when there is an adapter on the market that will work for the Smok RPM RBA but it comes with a different coil, it might not be build for the RPM RBA exactly but it does fit and work with it so you can test fire it on a box mod or a coil testing kit. Also if you look at my original post I had stated that I want and needed a 510 adapter for my Smok RPM RBA so I could actually make use of my Coil Master DIY V3 Coil kit that I just bought. Anyways, I do appreciate the suggestion tho and for trying to help.

• Optimistic

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    That's not a simple solution homie, that's a MacGyver solution. There's no need or reason to go through all that trouble to test fire a rebuildable coil

Maybe I did not explain it vividly or correctly, but it's far from difficult.

Not a Macgyver solution lol

I'm going to explain it again, with pictures, so that other smok RPM RBA owners who see this will be able to better understand what I mean.

What you're doing is cutting off the whole top of the pod so that all you have left is the base so that you can use that as your build base that way you can install your RBA in it, mount it on top if your mod and test fire it before you wick it up, just like you are rebuilding a 510 atomizer.

I'm not saying you should buy more Smok RBAs. I'm giving you the simplest solution you can use to be able to use the Smok RBA that you already bought. And if you happen to like the Smok RBA over the other ones, now you have a solution to your problem of not being able to test fire the SMok RBA.

If you don't already have a suitable saw for cutting plastic, buy one of these at a local Dollar Tree (or similar type of dollar store) for $1...

images

Make cut

PYlvsp7.png

That's it. Job done. It doesn't have to be a pretty cut or a straight cut.

This does of course require you to buy a replacement pod in order to make yourself a base out of it.

Sick your coil in it
    Place it on top of your pod battery
    coil it
    test fire it
    wick it
    then transfer it to your actual working pod.

If there were a simpler solution it would be illegal.

Last edited:
    • Optimistic

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    OK. So I found the video I watched months ago. It's actually for a Voopoo pod system but the principle is 100% the same as the design is the same and the same problem exists - the RBA has no way to be mounted to a 510.

Now this guy didn't have to saw a pod (I remembered incorrectly) because the pod is so shallow all he had to do is remove the glued top cap. But it gives an idea of what is needed to make a proper building base for similar such a pod systems whether you have to use a saw or now. No matter what, you'll always have to sacrifice a pod to turn it into an RBA building base.

Skip to 1:35

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread