RTA vs RDAs on flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
RDAs have the most flavor hands down. A good sub ohm tank is just that, a good tank. I have and use 3 basic types of atomizers: Nautilus tank, Subtank Plus, and multiple rdas. Each has pros and cons. Tanks run all day on one fill up. Subtanks give good flavor and more vapor but go through juice faster and drain batteries quicker. RDAs give the best flavor IMO but you have to keep a bottle of juice with you and they can kill a battery in 4 hours. If you have an rda that has your attention, try it or get the clone.

Reactions: Utsuru

Azarias

May 25, 2015
Illinois
RDAs have the most flavor hands down. A good sub ohm tank is just that, a good tank. I have and use 3 basic types of atomizers: Nautilus tank, Subtank Plus, and multiple rdas. Each has pros and cons. Tanks run all day on one fill up. Subtanks give good flavor and more vapor but go through juice faster and drain batteries quicker. RDAs give the best flavor IMO but you have to keep a bottle of juice with you and they can kill a battery in 4 hours. If you have an rda that has your attention, try it or get the clone.
Seconded.

Reactions: WonderDude32

RiceBurner95

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2014
Leeds, AL
There are a few tanks that give almost RDA quality flavor. My Youde Zephyrus is one tank that is right up there with the best RDA's I've used. My Subtank Mini was also very good, but didn't give anywhere near the vapor production or airflow of a good RDA. Hands down the best flavor producing atomizer I've used is my Derringer RDA. Second place probably goes to my Zephyrus.

I can't speak for flavor or gurgling on the Silver Play (which I've never even heard of), but RTA's in general can be very good. It all depends on how your build it and wick it, and what you do with airflow, and how you vape it and with what juice.

Reactions: yuseffuhler

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
On your derringer what build do you have in it? Iv been eyeballing it lately my royal hunter isnt pulling the flavor I want but still has my favorite airflow to date
I couldn't compare it to the royal hunter, but I run a dual coil, twisted mess of wires at 0.5 ohms at 40 watts sometimes and right now I'm running a single coil 0.8 ohm at 30 watts. Incredible airflow, especially if you take off the afc and just use the top cap.

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
I'm not a tank user, so no input there, but I think it's important to weigh in on something that hasn't been brought up yet: Wow, does it depend on the RDA.

I buy all my atties with flavour as my top priority, but the current trend is toward big, airy fog machines, so they're aren't really as many to choose from, comparatively.

I should note that my Lemo (mk. 1) gives great flavour when built optimally, but it changes the flavour profile of juices (i.e. Castle Long gets reduced to basic toasted coconut), which is a bummer. My main reason for avoiding tanks is - and this may seem odd - I find them terribly inconvenient, finicky and just unpleasant to vape and build on. YMMV, as usual.

RiceBurner95

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2014
Leeds, AL
On your derringer what build do you have in it? Iv been eyeballing it lately my royal hunter isnt pulling the flavor I want but still has my favorite airflow to date
I've yet to run a kanthal build in it yet. I bought it mostly for nickel builds. So far I've been running a twisted 30 gauge wrapped around a 3mm bit 11 times, for a resistance of around 0.136. Best flavor I've ever experienced, period. Next time I'm due a rebuild, I'll throw a dual 24 gauge 3mm 7 wrap for my usual ~0.26 low build.

Caterpiller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2015
Malaysia
WARNING: TEMPORY TREAD JACK

I'm not a tank user, so no input there, but I think it's important to weigh in on something that hasn't been brought up yet: Wow, does it depend on the RDA.

I buy all my atties with flavour as my top priority, but the current trend is toward big, airy fog machines, so they're aren't really as many to choose from, comparatively.

I should note that my Lemo (mk. 1) gives great flavour when built optimally, but it changes the flavour profile of juices (i.e. Castle Long gets reduced to basic toasted coconut), which is a bummer. My main reason for avoiding tanks is - and this may seem odd - I find them terribly inconvenient, finicky and just unpleasant to vape and build on. YMMV, as usual.

If you're a Castle Long fan you really should try in on the Kayfun v4. I've been amazed! It pulls out and highlights all the flavour and the balance and complexity becomes stunning! Best vape I've had so far.

I can't bear to exhale, I just let the vapour swill around in my month. Exceptional!

END OF THREAD JACK

Reactions: VictorViper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread