Status
Not open for further replies.

randyith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Hello All,

My name is Randy the co-founder of RTS Vapes. We are excited about being promoted to forum supplier and one of the first site changes will be reinstating out trivia contests. When we were a registered supplier we had to stop the contests but as a forum supplier we are allowed.

The trivia contests were quite popular. Basically, a trivia contest asks between 5 and 12 questions on a particular subject. The first person to answer all questions correctly wins RTS Vapes rewards points which can be reimbursed at www.rtsvapes.com to buy products from us.

We typically have prizes ranging from 50 to 600 ($46) rewards points.

We will be posting contests under this thread weekly starting later this week. Please follow this thread so as not to miss out.

Thank you,

Randy

randyith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Hi Everyone,

We stopped these contests because the new FDA rules do not permit us to give away product. Since several people were disappointed with the end of the contests we found a legal way to resume them. For the winner of future contests we will offer a 90% off coupon good for one use on up to $150.00 worth of product. We hope this makes it interesting to participate in the future contests which will begin some time the week of September 18th.

Thank you for all your support,

Randy - RTS CEO and Owner

spartanstew

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Wylie, Texas
1. What classic video game required the player to jump from cube to cube to change the colors of the blocks while avoiding Coily, Ugg, Slick, Sam, and Wrongway?

Interesting fact: I actually played this game for 15 hours on one quarter in college. Started playing after breakfast in the dorm and didn't finish until nearly midnight. Missed all my classes that day and had a couple of friends take over when I needed a little break (had so many men built up that even though they kept dieing, I was safe). Those were the days.

The_Vapin_Chemist

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
Alright everybody, it is time for trivia again. This weeks topic will be Past and Present and we are going to try Deb's suggestion of a random draw for all correct answers (I actually have a random generator spreadsheet that I built a while back that will be perfect for this). The contest will run through Thursday night and the winner announced on Friday afternoon. You are playing for a 90% off coupon for up to $150. Good Luck and enjoy!

1. What was unusual about the hand-carved Great Seal of the U.S. that Soviet diplomats gave Averell Harriman in 1945 when he was U.S. ambassador to Moscow?

2. How often can the design of an American coin be changed without Congressional approval?

3. How many islands, reefs, and shoals make up the Hawaiian archipelago?

4. What city on the Virginia-North Carolina border is named for the two states?

5. Who was the first U.S. citizen to cross the Continental Divide?

6. How many shots were fired in the famous gunfight at the O.K. Corral?

7. What building in Hayward, Wisconsin, is shaped like a muskie?

8. The life expectancy of the average American born in 1990 is 72.7 years for males and 76.1 for females. What was it for the average American born in 1900?

9. What animal served as Yale’s mascot before the bulldog?

10. How did Washington Post reporter Bob Woodward signal his anonymous Watergate source, Deep Throat, when he wanted to make contact?

11. What major American city passed an ordinance in 1838 making it necessary to get a license before serenading a woman?

12. Who was the first American to get oil drilling concessions in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait?

The_Vapin_Chemist

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
Hello everyone! This new trivia is TV & Radio (with a MASH question thrown in for @Debadoo). Contest going forward will be for a coupon for 90% off $125 and will have a one year expiration. This contest will run through Monday night and the winner will be announced on Tuesday. Please PM answers for newcomers and have fun!

1. What was the name of the newspaper started by cross-dressing Corporal Max Klinger on the hit TV sitcom M*A*S*H?

2. What famous catchphrase delivered by Peter Falk indicated that Columbo, TV’s rumpled detective, was closing in on the criminal?

3. What one-time TV Western star go his acting start in college when someone strong was needed to carry bodies in a student production of Arsenic and Old Lace?

4. What new career did actor Jay Silverheels, best known for his portrayal of the Lone Ranger’s faithful companion, Tonto, launch after retiring from show business in 1984?

5. What TV show featured radio station KBHR? How about radio station KJCM?

6. On the TV sitcom The Munsters, what was Lily Munster’s maiden name?

7. What did the American Lung Association call the “awards” it issued in 1996 to TV dramas it felt wrongly glamorized smoking?

8. In what role did Helen Hunt, star of the TV sitcom Mad About You, appear on The Mary Tyler Moore Show when she was elven years old?

9. What Holly wood sexpot played the wicked Siren on the Batman television series?

10. Who plays Captain Kangaroo, and what other well-known television character did he play?

11. The only time Ralph Edwards did not host This is Your Life, was on January 30, 1957. Who was the substitute host that night?

12. What actress, appearing in the TV series Dynasty, made her television debut in 1957 in Bachelor Father with her Dynasty co-star John Forsythe?

The_Vapin_Chemist

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
Since everyone seems to enjoy the common bond quizzes, I bring you another. :)

The contest will run through Monday night and the winner will be announced on Tuesday. Good Luck!

1. In Mike Tyson’s Punch Out, Little Mac first faces Glass Joe, then Von Kaiser from Germany, followed by what character who hails from Tokyo, Japan?

2. What card game represents a battle between mighty wizards, known as “planeswalkers”, who employ the spells, items, and fantastic creatures depicted on individual cards to defeat their oppontes?

3. What is the more common name for the enciero that takes place during the San Fermin festival, held every year from July 6-14 in Pamplona, Spain?

4. What is the nickname of Lieutenant Pete Mitchell, played by Tom Cruise in the film Top Gun?

5. What broadcaster who has been married 8 times to 7 women, broadcasted ther final show on December 16th 2010?

6. What term can be used to describe a type of ship built in New England in the 19th century, an infamous 1938 hurricane, the Apollo 12 command module, as well as a nickname for Joe Dimaggio?

7. What is the code name of Major General Clayton M. Abernathy, the original field commander of the G.I. Joe Team?

8. What guitarist co-founded the alternative rock band R.E.M. before moving on to side projects such as The Minus 5?

9. What comedian played the role of Zed in Police Academy 2, 3, and 4. Shakes the Clown in the film Shakes the Clown and did the voice of Mr. Floppy in the TV show Unhappily Ever After?

10. What is the common Bond for this Quiz?

Good afternoon ECF,

Here is this week's trivia contest questions. The first person to post ALL of the correct answers wins 600 rewards points which can be used towards a purchase at RTS Vapes. The Contest will end Saturday at 11:59 pm and Randy will announce the winner on Sunday. Best of luck to all our participants!

This week's category: MOVIES

1. What 1998 Robin Williams fantasy film won an Academy Award for Best Visual Effects?

2. What children’s book did Forest Gump keep in his suitcase?

3. Name the 1976 sports movie was the first to use the “steadycam” ?

4. What agent was the primary antagonist to Neo in The Matrix?

5. What 1993 Steven Spielberg film centers around a fictional island called “Isla Nublar”?

6. Name the opera that Edward takes Vivian to in Pretty Woman?

7. In the film, American Beauty, name the character who killed Lester?

8. What fictional company invented and created the Terminator?

9. Who is the financial backer of Danny’s crew in Ocean’s 11? (the Clooney version)

10. What Jane Austin novel is the 1995 Alicia Silverstone movie Clueless based on?

11. What name does Marty go by in 1855 in Back to the Future III?

12. To what country where the Dirty Dozen sent on their suicide mission?

Marina2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2015
USA
I have many fond memories of that game, too. The flying discs and sending Coily to his death! The little swear bubble that appeared when he got bonked on the head... yep, those were the days! I played it on one of these:

4nIt80q.jpg

Super Breakout was another game I wasted many hours on. My kingdom to go back and waste them all over again.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Oh kewl!!! Thanks so much Monique!!! (what a pretty name) You'll see I had made a "if I had all the money in the world" wishlist hehehe

Thanks so much everyone!! My 4 years smoke free was 5/24 so this is a great present!!

Congratulations Debadoo! Thank you Monique and happy Memorial Day to u!
will have to try again. aint fast enough i think hahahahhaha
Beginner's dumb luck hun. I just happened to be on here checkin my threads when it was posted. Checked the time when I hit send on the email. It was 16 minutes after she'd posted it.

I'll sit out the next couple of ones. Good luck everyone!! Especially Redd, cuz you proxy so many contests for the rest of us!! :wub:

Hey Vapers! I just want to thank everyone who participated in this past weekend's trivia contest. I'm even seeing some new faces which I love!! You guys make trivia worth it :) We had some difficulty narrowing down a winner but we have one....Please help me in congratulating our winner @AlterUrEgo! You've won 600 rewards points to be used towards your next RTS purchase. Make sure you PM me your first/last name and email address. Stay tuned for more trivia this week! (P.s. I will try to make it a little harder) #VapeOn

Category: Music

1. What Australian diva made a cameo appearance as the Green Fairy in Moulin Rouge? A: Kylie Minogue

2. Who was the first Beetle to get married? A: John Lennon

3. What Irish vocalist took his stage name from a Dublin hearing aid shop billboard? A: Bono

4. What British group got their name from a 1950 Muddy Waters Song? A: The Rolling Stones

5. What duo’s only number one hit was in 1979’s “Reunited”? A: Peaches and Herb

6. What controversial group sang these lyrics, “Corrupted politicians playing games…? Bringing us down to boost their fame.” A: 2 Live Crew

7. “The Look,” “Listen to Your Heart” and “Joyride” were all hits for what band? A: Roxette

8. In the song “Bad Girl” by ZZ Top, what type of car is mentioned? A: GTO

9. Because of its “Super Freak” sample, what 1990 MC Hammer hit credited Rick James as the co-writer? A: Can’t touch this

10. What diva’s breakthrough album was 1990’s Unison? A: Celine Dion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread