Status
Not open for further replies.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
cr12, thanks, I have been all through it and left comment as well, but still can't find a comment from Rush; in fact, even though I was registered and logged in I still couldn't get it to work for me, or find my own post. UGH! Maybe later.
Kate, he didn't post a comment, he commented about the WSJ article on his show.

Last edited:

MoonRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Indiana, USA
Knowing the huge following that he has, even if I'm not one of them, this is great news for our campaign to prevent the FDA from banning e-cigs. I may not be a Rush fan, but that doesn't mean I disagree with everything he has to say either. And with him backing e-cigs and going public about them, that means millions more people will now know about them and start checking them out for themselves. :D

lisabateman

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
South Carolina
Sorry my first post was so vague. I don't type well on my phone. I heard today at 2:55 (eastern time) him comment on a Wall Street Journal article about the FDA wanting to regulate E-cigs cause of the nicotine...and he mentioned the entities that might want a hand in the pie...drug companies, state and local govt, etc.

I didn't know he vaped until looking at this thread. I wonder if he knows about this forum. Perhaps someone "in charge" should introduce him to it.

Anyway, I think that I need to order some more nic soon.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
I can't believe he actually said," Menthol...for the brothas"

God help me if Rush actually takes up this cause. I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing.

I listened yesterday when Dr. Walter Williams was the guest host. He was introduced with "Black by popular demand..."

And yes he is African American. I have a suspicion that if Rush were truly racist, a Man of Dr. Williams' stature would not be associating with him.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
I can't believe he actually said," Menthol...for the brothas"

God help me if Rush actually takes up this cause. I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing.
As the same point I made in the other thread - WSJ had a story earlier this year about the FDA intending to ban menthol and the racial implications, since research showed that 80% of African American smokers use menthol.

So, his comment was based on actual news and fact - that African Americans apparently prefer menthol.

Like I said before, it's not like he said, "watermelon flavor for the brothers." :rolleyes: THAT would have been racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread