Status
Not open for further replies.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
I'm glad that we're getting more positive press. but wasn't the WSJ story in the works for awhile?

from the article:
On today's show, he said that the Aug 25 Wall Street Journal article was an example of how he is on the cutting edge, and how his mention of a new technology immediately brings all sorts of attention to it.

oh well. this is the important bit
What is certain, however, is that the e-cigarette community now has a very powerful ally by the name of Rush Limbaugh.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
I'm glad that we're getting more positive press. but wasn't the WSJ story in the works for awhile?

from the article:

oh well. this is the important bit
When I listened to the recording on another thread, it seemed more like he was kidding. More along the lines of, "Of course! As soon as I find something they try and take it away!" rather than "I discovered these and they are attacking it."

I could be wrong, but that's how I took it from the tone of his voice.

MoonRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Indiana, USA
Ok, here's an example of just how influential Rush is.

One of the ladies where my husband works has been sitting on the fence about the pro's and con's of e-cigs v. tobacco cigs for her husband. He's a smoker and she wants him to quit for his health. Hubby has been using his e-cig at work and today he told her about Rush using one. All of a sudden e-cigs don't appear so bad in her eyes. Now multiply her reaction by the millions of other Rush followers and we just might win the battle with the FDA after all.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Rush didn't say that he was on the "Cutting Edge". He said that he found something that "WAS" on the cutting Edge.

Odd how people hear what he says, yet don't. But never mind misquoting him in an attempt to discredit what he says.
Odd!

No, he said it and I quote from the recording: "(Garbled) another illustration on how I'm on the cutting edge and how they are after me."

It's pretty much the first thing out of his mouth, but I still think it was meant it as a joke.

Last edited:

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
When I listened to the recording on another thread, it seemed more like he was kidding. More along the lines of, "Of course! As soon as I find something they try and take it away!" rather than "I discovered these and they are attacking it."

I could be wrong, but that's how I took it from the tone of his voice.

There goes the "lefties" again. Distorting what the right says by quoting exactly what they say. You keep that up and you could get a job with Media Matters. That's the kind of crap they pull. ;)

fritos1

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2010
cleveland
No, he said it and I quote from the recording: "(Garbled) another illustration on how I'm on the cutting edge and how they are after me."

It's pretty much the first thing out of his mouth, but I still think it was meant it as a joke.

I think he was joking about the goverment going after him just because he is using them in his talk there always after him no matter what he does dont think he was joking about the fight with the FDA itself. In any case he is the best thing that could have happened to the cause. Its certainly better then if he was against them.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
I think he was joking about the goverment going after him just because he is using them in his talk there always after him no matter what he does dont think he was joking about the fight with the FDA itself. In any case he is the best thing that could have happened to the cause. Its certainly better then if he was against them.

That's exactly what I meant.

When we have CASAA meetings by Skype, every so often someone gets dropped from the call repeatedly. We always joke that it's the FDA after us and causing trouble. ;)

green-lantern

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
Odd how people hear what he says, yet don't. But never mind misquoting him in an attempt to discredit what he says.
Odd!

I thought he was full of years ago but when you pay attention to all of the press then you start seeing the spin and deliberate miss quotes.

If you get news from one place, I'm sorry but you have no idea what is going on. Nobody is to be trusted when they all have an agenda.

Last edited by a moderator:

rockyroad

Life is Good
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2010
Indiana
Good post Moon and thanks for the listening Kristin. I believe Rush is lumping the ecig together with everything else Big Corps. and Big Gov. always seem to want to suppress. The advancement of quality of life for all of us (not just the few of them). Kinda like we had our chance for real change when "some" of the auto and financial institutions were on the brink. The big boys step in make it better for them and we get screwed. Hell, were still using gas. It's all the same thing and I think Rush (whether he actually cares or not) is just pointing out to his listeners that it's same ole thing different day. We, the private sector keep coming up with a better way and they keep shutting us down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread