Russian center pin adjustment issues, Porvari ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

naturecannon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Oregon City, Oregon
I have the full Russian. When I adjust the center pin it rotates the block above deck/insulator where the coil attaches causing coil issues. I am Posting here because I am familiar here and because I am adjusting the pin for several Provari rings, (Kir fans and provape ring).

Anyone else have this issue with a Full Russian? Sure, the center pin moves but usually causes a fault in the coil by rotating block some. IN my opinion the center pin adjustment is a phoney feature LOL., Or am i missing something?

Does the Large kayfun 3.1 have an adjustable center pin and does it work? If so I am going that route. If not please recommend me a QUALITY Russian like atty. I alternate from the Dripper Pro to the Russian through out the day, my 2 preferred.

What about the Russian 91%. Pin adjustment?

Thanks for all and any feedback :2cool:

jchadbourne

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2013
Buffalo ny
The pin is actually two pieces. the small screw at the bottom comes out and there is a shaft that it goes into that shaft has a slot for a screwdriver tighten that then replace the adjustment screw. I had the same problem with my 91%. I hope this helps if not I have a thread titled russian 91% problems in the general e smoking discussion there are pictures there.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
The pin is actually two pieces. the small screw at the bottom comes out and there is a shaft that it goes into that shaft has a slot for a screwdriver tighten that then replace the adjustment screw. I had the same problem with my 91%. I hope this helps if not I have a thread titled russian 91% problems in the general e smoking discussion there are pictures there.

+1. The Russian line of clones have the 2 piece pin, where the KFL's do not. Do the adjustment without a coil on to make it easier. You may have to take the entire pin out to get the 2 parts to separate, especially if it's never been touched since it left the factory. You can also gently hold the blocks on the build deck with needlenose pliers to keep the positive block from twisting when you're messing with the pin.

If you do have to remove the entire pin to get the 2 parts to separate, there's a hole drilled through the larger part - you can stick something through there for a better hold as you unscrew the smaller cap piece. Train had a nice diagram of all the parts of the Russian that he posted in the other thread.

naturecannon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Oregon City, Oregon
Thanks for the reply guys. Just got home and will be reading after I have time to kick off the shoes, throw on the sweatpants and sit back and vape-n-read. Seriously, I do appreciate the thoughtful informative responses and will read up soon.

I got off work early afternoon then took a 2 hour round trip road trip to a favored b&m, came home with a kayfun lite v2 and some braided wire to try. Another plus, it was priced comparable to online..... happy,happy,happy.

Edit: no its just the lite plus, not v2. Hard to keep up with all this stuff especially while still wet behind the ears

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread