The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Ruyan #1 disposable cigar review

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Video Reviews' started by BadSeed, Mar 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. BadSeed

BadSeed Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2008
    Arbroath, UK
    I got my disposable cigars through today. Here's my initial review. This was filmed in the kitchen rather than the living room as there's more light there. Still not a great video camera on my mobile phone though, sorry.

YouTube - Ruyan Disposable ecigar

Anyhow these cigars get a 10 out of 10 from me. I can't fault them.

EDIT: Just to mention as I didn't show it in the review, as per Dusty's review if you inhale the
    vapour you get none on the exhale. This is deliberate apparently but it's perfect just puffing it as you would a cigar.

Here's the link if you want to get some yourself.

http://www.ruyandirect.com/index.php?gOo=goods_search_list.dwt&gcat=19

2. BadSeed

Oct 12, 2008
    Arbroath, UK
    Here's a close-up of the cigar.

[​IMG]

3. DCrist721

DCrist721 Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    I'm really looking forward to trying these after the reviews I've seen.

Just curious, the picture in your avatar, is that a younger you?

EDIT: Something about that picture seems really familiar.

4. cekte

cekte Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 5, 2009
    Oregon
    Nice review BadSeed. I have been meaning to try one of the Ruyan disposable cigars. Do you prefer this flavor more over that of the Gamucci?

DCrist: I believe his avatar to be none other than the young Nick Cave, from Nick Cave and the BadSeeds.

5. DCrist721

Feb 15, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    I knew there was something familiar about it. I liked this band for a little while but kind of forgot about them, although I've recently been hearing more and more music with this sound among the artsy/underground crowd in brooklyn over the past couple of years.

I've been wondering a similar question though - Which e-cigar, between the gamucci and this, has more of realistic cigar flavor?

6. BadSeed

Oct 12, 2008
    Arbroath, UK
    Very much so, yes. I absolutely love the flavour of the Ruyan. I wasn't as keen on the Gamucci. It was certainly OK though.

7. Sir_Puffalot

Sir_Puffalot Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 26, 2008
    UK
    Totally agree with your review mate. The Ruyan is awesome, lovely flavour and they last a fair bit. @ Cekte , if you prefer a throat hit then go for the gamucci at 22mg you will feel it more but the flavour lets it down and it`s only rated at 600 puffs as opposed to 1800. The ruyan flavour is far the best in my 6 months of e-smoking a sort of sweet,mild , slightly vanilla taste. If you do get it from Wanye at heavens gifts you can`t go wrong, he gives great customer service and fast delivery. :thumbs:

8. Sun Vaporer

Sun Vaporer Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2009
    Florida
    Badseed--thanks for a great review--The Ryan Disposables are the best throat hit I have ever had. Everyone that thinks that throat hit goes to nicotione should try a Ryan disposable 0 Nic, and they will find that just is not the case--The throat hit will blow you away. Ryan's price point is still to high for their disposable to be a viable option, but I hope that changes--Again Thanks Badseed for this review---Sun

9. nexusmagic

nexusmagic New Member

Feb 16, 2009
    what was the battery life with this disposable?

10. Sun Vaporer

Sun Vaporer Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2009
    Florida
    Nexus--I can not speak to the cigar--but the Ryan Jazz disposable gave me almost 2 days of constant vapor use--maybe someone else could chime in here and answer how long the Cigar lasts--Sun

11. BadSeed

Oct 12, 2008
    Arbroath, UK
    It's still going. I haven't got to 1800 puffs on it yet. I'm not vaping it constantly, just in the evenings and at the weekend.

I'll probably take it down the pub later in the week.

12. CandyGirl

CandyGirl Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 3, 2009
    oops video no longer available... nevermind

13. BadSeed

Oct 12, 2008
    Arbroath, UK
    Eh? Works fine for me.

14. DaveyRoots

DaveyRoots Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    San Diego

I think thats Steve Harris

15. BadSeed

Oct 12, 2008
    Arbroath, UK
    Just thought I'd do a quick update to show you how this is still performing. More to test my new cheap webcam (which I've now got working on my Linux box) rather than anything else. :)

Anyhow, enjoy.

YouTube - ruyan update

Sods law. If you notice in the video I wasn't getting too much vapour out. I think I timed the recording of the video just right as I'm now getting hardly any out. That's still a good long time for a disposable cigar to last though.

Edit: It's the battery that's died rather than the cartridge running dry as the LED isn't lighting up.

16. BadSeed

Oct 12, 2008
    Arbroath, UK
    OK. Here's an update of me cracking open the second one. :)

The previous disposable I had had to be pushed together first before you could use it but these are different. I show you the difference in this video.

YouTube - ruyan update2

17. D_Struct

D_Struct Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 9, 2009
    Lufkin, TX
    I received a 2-pack of the Ruyan disposables today at about 10:30, and, I must say, that I freaking LOVE this thing!

I bought two. One for me, and one for my dad.

My dad has never really sat and tried out an ecig before, other than a few puffs on some of my gear, so I was curious what he would say, as he's smoked Havatampa cigars for years. He's not really one to smoke the thick stogies, but he does it on occasion. He also used to smoke a pipe, so he's used to trying different flavors of tobacco.

His first puff on it warranted a "That's amazing!" He was blown away by the ease of use, and the overwhelmingly authentic taste.

The more he used it, the more he smiled and enjoyed it.

I've really enjoyed it, and it's got such a great flavor.

18. DCrist721

Feb 15, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    Has anyone tried taking one of these apart to see if they can be re-used?

19. BlueSun

BlueSun Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 17, 2008
    Canada, brrrr
    Thanks for the video review, BadSeed. I so want to try one. It seems that the Ruyan disposable e-cigars are the best on the market at this point. I just wish I could find a Canadian supplier so as to avoid possible duty charges.

Oh, yeah, you seem like a really nice, fun person in the video. :)

PS: What does Heaven's Gifts claim the cigar to be on the parcel?

20. BadSeed

Oct 12, 2008
    Arbroath, UK
    I can't remember if it said anything on the parcel, but it was a big ball of bubble wrap. Very well packaged to survive the trip from China.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.