Ruyan Jazz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
This might be a new trend for personal vaporisers - a complete disposable.

Because it's pretty new there hasn't been much feedback about it yet so I'm wondering if those who have tried one could please let us know what you think.

I'm particularly interested in how long they last, are the claims true and are they worth the money compared with cigarettes.

Here's Parked's review - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...review-ruyan-jazz-disposable-e-cigarette.html

And here is Dan's demo (not an independent review) - Ruyan Jazz Versions | Disposable Electronic Cigarette/Cigar Blog

strayling

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Seattle, USA
I have to say I don't like the idea of disposables because of the waste. I won't go off on a green rant because I'm not all that much of an eco-warrior, but introducing disposables seems like a step backwards and disposing of them responsibly is likely to be a royal pain.

I'd much prefer it if manufacturers to concentrated on *increasing* the lifespan of the products instead of giving up and settling for one use and chuck away.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
I have to say I don't like the idea of disposables because of the waste. I won't go off on a green rant because I'm not all that much of an eco-warrior, but introducing disposables seems like a step backwards and disposing of them responsibly is likely to be a royal pain.

I'd much prefer it if manufacturers to concentrated on *increasing* the lifespan of the products instead of giving up and settling for one use and chuck away.

Yes we already expect enough people to be against vaping without stirring up the eco warriors. I want an e-cig that will last for years.

strayling

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Seattle, USA
I appreciate that there are opinions on the merits of this design but I'd like some facts about the product itself here. We can and have discussed the pros and cons of disposables on the discussion board, I'd really like some reviews from people who have tried the device.

Fair enough - you've had my 2c worth so I'll leave it at that :)

strayling

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Seattle, USA
:oops: Sorry, I was rude and shut you up. :oops:

No offence taken at all. I'm new here and I don't mind a heads-up if I wander off into a topic that's already been discussed to death.

I do have a comment on the appearance of the Jazz though: it looks completely goofy in the video and I don't think I'd like vaping with something that looks like a mutant straw from a Big Gulp. Well, not where anyone could see me anyway ...

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
Would also be nice to see reviews of the new Njoy Weekender being introduced in Europe and the Gamucci Elite, also in Europe only. Both are full disposables, like the Ruyan Jazz.

i was given the disposable gamucci elite e-cig and the disposable gamucci premier cigar for review. the cigar was excellant and i really miss it now its gone. the elite was a big pile of pants though. it was bigger than the cigar, produced little to no vapour, battery dead after 2 hours and the mouthpiece was so loose fitting that it kept falling out. it looked horrible too, like a long white plastic pipe that you would find connected to a urinal. i didnt even bother wasting my time in reviewing it in the end.

the disposable cigar was really 1st class though.......here is the review if you wanna watch it:-

YouTube - REVIEW OF THE GAMUCCI ELECTRONIC DISPOSABLE CIGAR

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Hey all,

Ok, this is my first video review published on the forum. I have about 9 more reviews coming, but more than likely will not get to them until about Wednsday. So please feel free to comment on my first review, but remember it's my first so go easy.

YouTube - lintz69's review of the Ruyan Jazz

Taste:
The taste is really good. Maybe not as good as some of the liquids out there, but in my opinion definetly much much better than the standard cartridge. The Regular flavor has a strong coffee flavor. You can taste a bit of the tobacco, but definetly a coffee flavor. And not bad I must say considering I am not much of a coffee fan. The Menthol flavor is unique. It's definetly minty. It's not as strong as some of the menthol I have tasted, but again it is MUCH better than most of the standard carts I have tried. I could honestly see myself smoking this flavor all day everyday.

Vapor:
This varies very much. I have seen one review where there was little to no vapor, and one review where there was a lot of vapor. With my experience there was good vapor on the Nicotine Free Menthol, and little to no vapor on the Tobacco flavor with nicotine. I can see dis/advantages to both. Many people like the vapor so with the good vapor porduction of the one this would be great. However, I feel it could be nice to have this in say walmart/Restraunt/airplane and have no vapor. You still get the same throat hit out of both, but having no vapor would be nice for discrete times.

Labeling:
I actually really liked the labeling on the boxes. Granted they are going in the trash, but its looks more legal/offcial witht he warnings. Also the sealed pack inside the box is nice. You can be sure when you buy it that it has never been used. Also, if you have an extra to give to a friend and they know it's sanitary as its unopened.

Ok, this is it for now, I am off to try it, and will be gone for the weekend, but will be checking the forums. So please, leave any questions or comments and I'll do my best to answer them.

Lintz69
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ntz69s-ruyan-jazz-video-review.html#post99130

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
First off, I'd like to tell you how awesome my experience with Ruyan Jazz - SmokelessWonder.com - Ruyan Vegas was. Got my shipments in two days. Packed well, and inexpensive. Give em a try, they're great.

That being said, I have to say... I am not a fan of the freestyle. I am typically a zero nic user, but this thing gives zero throat hit. The classic's throat hit is monsterous! The freestyle however, was nonexistant. It's dissapointing. I have yet to find a decent throat hit from a commercial zero nic product. Anyway, sorry to report that I did not get any throat hit from the freestyle.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ews/8237-ruyan-jazz-freestyle.html#post127024

cobaltrich27

ECF Veteran
:D WoW!!! That is my 1st impression.

This is my first post/review and where my journey begins with vaping. You all have been very informative in helping me make the best educated decisions reading through all the information in this forum. I still have a lot to learn.

The Ruyan Jazz Classic is the first E Cigarette I have ever tried and I am very pleased to say my pack of Marlboro cigs has been in the desk drawer for almost 2 weeks. My wife doesnt even know it yet but she will be pleased to know I put the stinky analog's away.

I was skeptical at first but after reading about E-Cig devices looking at some of the reviews. I thought best to try the latest thing on the market with the least fiddle factor with the whole atomizer/battery debacle situations. I planned to do a video review but no need the guy with the hats LOL he is the Guru.

I am best described the drinker/smoker unless you all all ready have a category for that HEHE. I am the guy that comes home & has a few drinks after work or on the weekends and likes a little Nicotine to go with it.

Anyways I found the best deal at Smokeless Wonder dot com $23.99 each with free shipping I bought 4 of the 16mg. I placed my order on 2/25/09 and got them via Priority Mail free shipping just 3 days later.

I am still using the first Jazz for almost 2 weeks now. Also after seeing the tear down review video I decided to tear the outer plastic off I like the stainless steel look it gives LOL.

The best PRO for me I no longer have to go out on the back porch to get my buzz and my lungs/sinuses are so much more clear. No CONS to I can think of yet except maybe the price.

That pretty much concludes my review. Final thoughts I see this as my backup device because of the $$$ price and will be looking for another simple alternative to smoking analog's.

I also would like to add that the E-Cig is a closet smokers dream come true!!! :evil:

Next I would like to try the flavor cigs and looks like loongtotem dot com has the best product/price. I want to try the LoongTotem MINI E-cigarette LT-V10 5.5cm model. Looks like the same as 51 or greensmoke but not as expensive rebrand. I will look around for info on that brand.

Last Notes: From what I have read so far it sounds like the totem will be a nice adjustment for me starting out with a Ruyan Jazz.

Any advice is greatly appreciated???

Thanks again everyone it is nice to be here.

I will keep reading more as my journey into vaping continues.

Rich.

SMILIN

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
CHITOWN USA
www.vapor4life.com
  • Deleted by Oliver

providence

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
Rhode Island, USA
The Ruyan Jazz looks and feels more like a cigar than a cigarette. It produces a good amount of vapor but, for me, very little gets exhaled for some reason. If I just puff without inhaling I can see good amounts of vapor but if I inhale very little gets exhaled. It also seems to only come in 16mg of nicotine. That was a little much for me, I didn't feel like I was smoking as much as I felt like I was taking a hit off a blunt.

cobaltrich27

ECF Veteran
Well I got me a cold brew & took out my 1st Jazz tonight and it still works LOL.

I can tell its getting weak at this point also the flavor is kinda dry so I guess the cart is drying out. I opened a fresh Jazz to compare and it is a big difference in taste, throat hit etc...

I guess for the weekend smoker about 3 weeks is what ya get for 1 disposable Jazz not to bad at all. I will make a video with close ups of each piece as I disassemble this bad boy.

One bit of advice if you get a Jazz peel the cosmetic wrapper off it doesnt look so bulky, has a nice stainless steel finish and allows the holes to vent better giving a better hit.

Next Im waiting for the Vapor King and my original bestprice bulk order to arrive at my doorstep so I can compare the 2. Not that it really matters at this point since bestprice no longer carries this model however in that thread there is info for the manufacture of this revised device if it turns out to be good quality they do take orders directly using Paypal.

Will be nice to finally try some flavors. Im surprised Ruyan Jazz doesnt come in anything besides Regular & Mint flavors if they did I wouldnt need to look any further.

Will post vid link soon.

Thanks.

OH Forgot to mention my wife is so happy to know I havnt had a Analog since I picked up the Jazz. Thanks to everyone here for the info.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread