The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Ruyandirect has usb passthroughs now!

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by booboo, May 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. booboo

booboo Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 11, 2009
    San Diego, CA
  2. katink

katink Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2008
    the Netherlands
    What's more: MANUAL usb-passthroughs for that price! :)

3. GrimmGreen

GrimmGreen Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

5 second cut off?? with a manual switch??

4. taz3cat

taz3cat Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 2, 2008
    Port Arthur, Texas
    What is wrong with a simple on/off switch. The Chinese must be in love with auto cut offs, they put them on everything. I have a real powerful battery pack, but it has a 30second auto cut off, too much trouble to vape with. It has more power than a kensington, but the Kensington works better.

5. booboo

booboo Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 11, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    I've never had a manual one, what is the advantage???????

6. RustyTec

RustyTec Full Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Dallas, Texas
    "Note: No rechargeable battery inside, with 5-second cutoff"

I desire to interpret that as:
    "Note: No rechargeable battery inside, No 5-second cutoff"!

The advantage would be that there is no automatic switch to go bad. No microprocessor to go bad.

Use some E6000 glue around the wire/led junction for stress relief and it should last forever. Well nearly forever.

7. TheWrathOfSanity

TheWrathOfSanity Super Member ECF Veteran

May 25, 2009
    Travis AFB, CA
  8. RustyTec

RustyTec Full Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Dallas, Texas
    Hum, my first review.

Received them a few days ago. I plugged in an 801 (penstyle) into an AC to USB adapter (power supply) that is rated at 1 Amp. It seemed to hit good. I was happy.

I am a bit disappointing that it has a 5 sec cut-off. That is no big deal (and it can be avoided by releasing the button for 1/2 sec every 3-4 sec). But what bugs me is that they went to the trouble to put something 'high-tec' in there that knows what 5-sec is, and that something, can eventually malfunction.

Also, they used the same battery center contact that has an air hole built in. This will let juice to get into passthru to cause problems with the button switch and or the cut-off timer. - Any thoughts on how to block that hole without interfering with the electrical contact would be appreciated. - I would mask it off and fill with waterproof glue.

After 3 days of switching from battery to passthru and back, I find that I get a somewhat stronger hit off a battery. However, I am glad that I bought them. - It is real nice to be able to leave the house with all of my batts fully charged.

BTW Wayne did divulge that he is looking for a good source of AC to USB adapters that can supply more than 1.3 amps "rated". [He is my only supplier]

Note my AC-USB is a Zip-LinQ model GTAF0501000B - I bought at Frys for $12.99. It is "rated" at 1 Amp [5w max] but only supplies ~.7 Amp.

Just for giggles, I just tried it with my PC's USB port: I got visible vape but no 'hit'. I had to switch to batt for 3 hits before I could continue this. lol

What this world needs is a good reliable ‘electric’ cigarette, not necessarily an electronic one.

RustyVape

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.