RY4 addict needs to tide himself over... (tobacco flavor help!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
Well, I'll admit that when I first got my BWB RY4, I hated it! I was used to sweet and creamy RY4's and couldn't stand the musty tobacco flavor of the BWB; however, over time, I came to appreciate it and now I'm in love! The problem is that I only have a couple ml's to tide me over till the next shipment comes in and I need something that has that perfect sweet/musty combo that the RY4 has going on.

I can't do straight tobaccos, though the only one I've tried is Nitelite's US Marshal (to me, it tastes like licking the bottom of an ashtray). I need my tobaccos to have a sweetness to them, but I also want to taste the tobacco flavor (at least, in the form of the tobacco flavor that BWB has going on). These are what I'm considering for my next order:

Hazelnut Tobacco
Honey Flue Tobacco
Maple Tobacco
(possibly Bluebacko)

Will these give me that musty/sweetness blend that I'm after? All you RY4 nuts will know exactly what I'm talking about. (I don't know how sweet the Hazelnut is, but I will add that I'm a hazelnut fanatic!)

Thanks all for your help!

BTW, I've had Applewood, Mellonbacko, and Cherry Tobacco, and while I love them all, I'm looking for something with more tobacco flavor to them. With those, I only detect a minor tobacco presence. I do love them all though, it's just not what I'm looking for right now.

Lori68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2011
Maple Ridge, BC
Have you tried casablanca? I've had a bottle of RY4 that is down to its last few drops and the flavor is outstanding (my bottle is just over a month old). I've been an avid malty toffee gal myself for the last 5 months but I've ventured into other BWB flavors and just today I got some casa on whiskey's recommendation. I can't begin to describe how much the casa rocks! Its as good as the month old RY4 and its only steeped for a week and a half from the mail trip over here.

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
I've thought about Casablanca, but that's not sweet at all, is it? I'm just worried about tobacco vapes that don't have some sweetness to them ever since I had that ashtray tasting US Marshall. I'm sure not all tobacco vapes taste like that, but ever since then I've been apprehensive about tobacco flavors. I am intrigued by Casablanca though. What does it taste like?

As a side note, Malty Toffee is the only thing I don't like from BWB, and it has nothing to do with the quality. I find it to be a high quality vape, but there's not enough flavor for me. I couldn't figure out why the flavor was so faint until I learned about the differences in PG vs VG, and then saw that Malty Toffee is 70% VG. So the problem is that I'm not a fan of VG. Everything else I've gotten from BWB I've absolutely loved!

TitanRich

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2011
Chicagoland/NWI
I know it's not BWB, but you may want to try Sweet Caroline over at ivape.net. I think it may be along the line that you described. I haven't been lucky enough to get my hands on the infamous RY4 from BWB yet, so I can only go from your description. Sounds like it could be right up the alley of what you're looking for.

BTW, where would one watch to find out when BWB would have this elusive RY4 in stock again?

misplacedsooner

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2011
stillwater, oklahoma
I know it's not BWB, but you may want to try Sweet Caroline over at ivape.net. I think it may be along the line that you described. I haven't been lucky enough to get my hands on the infamous RY4 from BWB yet, so I can only go from your description. Sounds like it could be right up the alley of what you're looking for.

BTW, where would one watch to find out when BWB would have this elusive RY4 in stock again?

dons website has a notify me button so when its in stock he will let you know...but act fast cause alot f people are waiting

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
i am hoarding all the casablanca...muhahahaha!!!
i cant really descibe the taste except that it is all i vape now

:laugh: But is there any sweetness? Does it have a richness to it? I love the richness of a certain other vendor's tobacco line (don't wanna name names in the BWB forum).

Does it have an ashtray taste at all? I just really fear spending money on anything that tastes at all like that US Marshall stuff. I'm a poor college student and gotta be really careful with what I order. That's why I'm choosing BWB to experiment with because I know everything Don sells is high quality. My first order was from BWB and they're one of only three vendors I've placed more than one order from.

Lori68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2011
Maple Ridge, BC
I am finding the casa has a tobacco richness to it. The cocoa is not sweet like eating a candy bar or anything and its only on the exhale that I taste it. Since this is my first time trying casa after being so stuck on MT I don't think I'm quite qualified yet to give you the best answer.

All I can say is that this almost fresh bottle of casablanca rivals the flavor of a month old bottle of RY4.....for my taste buds anyway. Its really gooooooood. Its worth trying out a small bottle for sure.

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
Hmmm... you may have sold me on the Casablanca. It definitely sounds unique. Even if it's not sweet, richness is another thing I'm going for in a tobacco flavor. Mainly, I just don't want it to taste like an ashtray.

What about the flavors I mentioned in my first post? Any opinions on if I'd be interested in those based on my preferences?

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
The Adirondack with a touch of Malty makes for a nice sweet tobacco vape. I also sometimes add a drop or two to Back if im in the mood for sweeter ;)

You will probably like the Honey Flu varieties. The maple tobacco is good but I could never vape it for long as I found it VERY sweet.

Bluebacko is great but I am not sure it will have the more pronounced tobacco your looking for. The tobacco is definitely there but on more of a equal level with the blueberry IMO

LostVapeMonster

The eyes are useless when the mind is blind.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2011
Land of the Lost
I am one of those weirdos who got a very strong peppery taste from Casa. Was definitely not up my alley. The pepper was almost the only thing I could taste and that was even after I had added some Malty to it. Taste buds are so wonky. So, I love the RY4, which is obviously not available very often, and since Casa is out for me, what next?

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
Well, I've definitely got a lot to think about now. With my budget, I'm trying to think of 4 to try for now. Thanks everyone. You've helped a lot! I've been trying to find my sweet spot as far as flavors go, and what I like. I thought maybe I'd mix it up with some menthol and fruity stuff, but that hasn't been working. I think I'm mainly a tobacco/dessert vaper. And I get my fruity fix from Don's tobacco/fruity blends, and another reputable company's fruity blends. All the straight up fruity stuff I've tried just hasn't satisfied. I definitely need more tobacco variety tho. I'm pretty sure, that after letting RY4 grow on me, Don's stuff is gonna fit the bill.

I'll let everyone knows what I order and how I like them.

Thanks!

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
Oh, and as far as Malty Toffee, I think I misrepresented myself in an earlier post. I don't not like it. It has a wonderful flavor! I just wish there was more of it. Specifically, I wish it was offered in Don's typical 70PG/30VG blend. If that were the case, I'd definitely start ordering it again. I'm just not a fan of high VG in general.

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
Tell me more about Virginia... does it have that mustiness (that's my best way of describing it) of the RY4? I was thinking of that one, but wasn't sure because, like I've said, I'm afraid of straight tobacco vapes right now. You mentioned it goes well with a little vanilla. I apologize for mentioning another vendor here. If it's rude, please let me know. But I was placing an order for Bounty Hunter at Nite Lite, and decided to pick up their vanilla to use as a mixer since it's so dang cheap. Any others use vanilla in some of their tobaccos, such as Virginia?

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
The Adirondack with a touch of Malty makes for a nice sweet tobacco vape. I also sometimes add a drop or two to Back if im in the mood for sweeter ;)

You will probably like the Honey Flu varieties. The maple tobacco is good but I could never vape it for long as I found it VERY sweet.

Bluebacko is great but I am not sure it will have the more pronounced tobacco your looking for. The tobacco is definitely there but on more of a equal level with the blueberry IMO

Is the the tobacco in Bluebacko more pronounced than the tobaccos in Applewood, Melonbacco, and Cherry Tobacco? I love those flavors because they're fruity, but not too fruity because of the subtle tobacco/woodsy (in the case of Applewood) flavors in the background. So when I need my fruit fix, I get those. But if Bluebacko is more 50/50 fruit/tobacco then I would expect it to have more of a tobacco taste than the other fruit mixes, where I only detect maybe 20% tobacco flavor at the most in those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread