Status
Not open for further replies.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Well I pulled the trigger on the S-CA3 bottom feeder from Angel Ecigs and it's arriving on Monday. There has been confusion in the market because there is another s-body with Lower specs.
This one is 50 Watts and you can go down to .20 Ohm. So I opened a new thread because the other thread is for the older model.

I really enjoy VW but just can't bring myself to spend hundreds of dollars for a high end unit. I bought a GreyScanno and it was problematic and only lasted around 3 months. Hopefully this will be a more civilized APV with more durability. But I'm entering into this purchase skeptically. Sigh...

It's been out for more then a year under the name Firebox 50 Watt Squonker so I'm hoping that they've ironed out the kinks. I've heard a good comments about the fit and finish, which made me pull the trigger.

I found this review on YouTube. Anyone own one yet and have an opinion?

Reactions: thetrucker

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Well it arrived today and below are some of my impressions

My main gripe was that I found the bottle extremely hard to unscrew and re-screw on.
I was surprised that it worked cleanly and not much mess when I unscrewed it after a little vaping.

I liked the feel of the buttons and the fit and finish. Although I'd prefer a Matte. It was kind of funny because when I opened the box there was
a clear fingerprint on the side. Someone had touched it before me! How shocking.

The controls are brain dead. 3 pushes to lock fire button. Hold both arrow buttons down 3 seconds to lock the voltage. and of course press arrow button up and down for V+ and V-.
I liked that it didn't round robin. if you pushed the up button then it ended at 50w. Unlike the Greyscanno the lock and unlock works flawlessly. I used to struggle with the Greyscanno to unlock
with 5 pushes.

The boost circuit seems more stable in it's own way then the Greyscanno but on a .94 Ohm Atomizer after the initial vapes it stabilized at 5.5V which is a 30 Watt Vape.
I think this might be a function of the batteries and the high Ohms [To me] of the RBA. I'm going to re-build at around .69 and see if it works better.

The final question mark of course is how long will this APV last. Only time will tell.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
On the 2nd day I'm enjoying it much more.

I'm vaping 45 Watts with a Igo-W Dual Coil at .43 Ohms. The .43 seems to be a sweet spot with this APV.
When I was vaping on a .89 OHM at 45-50 Watts the boost was too much for the batteries.

I've been vaping pretty heavy for the past 3 1/2 Hours the battery is down to 3.85V according to the reading and
it's doing a solid boost to 4.45V.

One other nice feature, it works as a pass through. The Micro USB Jack is on the lower side so you can have it sitting on your desk recharging
as you vape. I like that!

By the way it's represented that it has a floating Pin. I pushed in with a screwdriver to test it and it was kind of springy.

While time will tell, this Unit has a very solid and finished feel to it. Button is clicky. Electronics seem to be operating precisely. It's a definite improvement over the GreyScanno.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Day 3. I'm a happy camper.
Summation: This is a solid little APV, it feels and looks expensive but is reasonably priced.
I feel that I got my moneys worth for sure. I cannot wholeheartedly recommend it because durability
is still a question mark. I hope that it lasts at least a year. By the way I stopped using my Reo LP because the
vape at .43 and 40 watts on my Igo-W Modded BF RBA is excellent. Without the VW I couldn't vape at such high Ohms.

Positives
1. Fit and finish are very polished
2. Electronics work precisely at least with .43 Ohm Atty
3. Pass Through works Great and I'm not worrying about batteries through the day
4. Threads for Battery Cap, 510 are all precise
5. Locking Feature is nifty, when locked it shows big picture of closed padlock after unlocking big picture of open padlock
6. Only 3 clicks to lock and unlock very easy.
6. It's a very attractive APV the gun metal looks good.
7. Battery is super easy to replace
8. Bottle holds a whopping 10ml of Juice
9. It's heavy but that makes it feel sturdy.

Negatives
1. Finger Print Magnet.
2. Bottle is a little tricky to change
3. Position of the firing button on side is fine for me, but it could be awkward if one has small hands. Also much easier to misfire in the pocket if APV not locked.
4. Wider then a Reo but balanced by the Atomizer side being 3/8 Inch Lower then the Reo, end result is that it's shorter then a Reo by around 3/8 of an Inch
5. I felt that at around .94 Ohm and 50 Watts it couldn't buck the Voltage up enough to vape at that level. This could be a poorly designed circuit board or it could be a limitation of the batteries. But if you vape at 20-30 Watts you'd be fine with this APV
On the other hand at around .43 Ohms I could vape for hours at 50 Watts. Eventually I dialed it down to 40 Watts.
6. It's heavy but I really didn't mind it too much.

Last edited:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Well I found what may be the weakness in this APV and how to get around it. Let's see what kind of service I get from my seller.

The insert in the tube that holds the tube in place came apart. I put it back together but it wouldn't work properly. Then 2nd day I put it together again and it went flying to get lost in my carpet.

Without that extra stabilizing piece the metal tube won't stay in place. I got around it by squonking upside down. That seems to be working. In the meanitme I've put in a new request for another tube assembly.
We'll see what kind of service I'll get.

Btw squonking upside down seems to be working perfectly fine maybe better then right side up. Just a little squonk does the trick and I haven't spilled any liquid yet.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
The bottle mechanism is screw in and there is no way around it.

It seems to be in a position that would be hard if impossible to epoxy.

But possibly I could epoxy the metal tube in but I'm very hesitant to vape around chemicals..

If they don't replace the assembly then I'll just continue vaping with just the bottle and no tube.
Squonking upside down is working flawlessly.

Reactions: thetrucker

foliagegreen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2013
New York, NY, USA
I hope mine is on the way - got order confirmation but angelcigs account info shows no open orders and the gunmetal one is now out of stock. Paypal gave them money so maybe mine will be shipped.

edit - checked my email and now have a shipping and tracking number

Yeah angelcigs doesn't like any of my cards or my cards doesn't like the angelcigs site. I ordered like 3 times and they all wouldnt go through. Finally got it when I used paypal. I wanted the gunmetal as well but they went from 4 available to sold out in a matter of a few hours. Looks like you snagged one of the last ones.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Day 3. I'm a happy camper.
Summation: This is a solid little APV, it feels and looks expensive but is reasonably priced.
I feel that I got my moneys worth for sure. I cannot wholeheartedly recommend it because durability
is still a question mark. I hope that it lasts at least a year. By the way I stopped using my Reo LP because the
vape at .43 and 40 watts on my Igo-W Modded BF RBA is excellent. Without the VW I couldn't vape at such high Ohms.

Positives
1. Fit and finish are very polished
2. Electronics work precisely at least with .43 Ohm Atty
3. Pass Through works Great and I'm not worrying about batteries through the day
4. Threads for Battery Cap, 510 are all precise
5. Locking Feature is nifty, when locked it shows big picture of closed padlock after unlocking big picture of open padlock
6. Only 3 clicks to lock and unlock very easy.
6. It's a very attractive APV the gun metal looks good.
7. Battery is super easy to replace
8. Bottle holds a whopping 10ml of Juice
9. It's heavy but that makes it feel sturdy.

Negatives
1. Finger Print Magnet.
2. Bottle is a little tricky to change
3. Position of the firing button on side is fine for me, but it could be awkward if one has small hands. Also much easier to misfire in the pocket if APV not locked.
4. Wider then a Reo but balanced by the Atomizer side being 3/8 Inch Lower then the Reo, end result is that it's shorter then a Reo by around 3/8 of an Inch
5. I felt that at around .94 Ohm and 50 Watts it couldn't buck the Voltage up enough to vape at that level. This could be a poorly designed circuit board or it could be a limitation of the batteries. But if you vape at 20-30 Watts you'd be fine with this APV
On the other hand at around .43 Ohms I could vape for hours at 50 Watts. Eventually I dialed it down to 40 Watts.
6. It's heavy but I really didn't mind it too much.

Ever since you posted in the Geyscono thread that I convinced you to get one I have been waiting to hear your thoughts and after weeks I was concerned. It was today that I was directed to this thread.:facepalm:

I agree with all of your comments. The bottle still causes me a issue due to my arthritis and some times I'll just toss a Protank III on it......yeah I know.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread