Status
Not open for further replies.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Damn that sucks. Any luck with the vendor on possibly getting a replacement and or fix?
The Vendor has promised to send me replacement bottles. But I believe it when I see it. When they come in I'll post it on the thread.

Btw- Squonking like a V-mod upside down is working really well. I may be tempted to just continue doing it this way even when the new bottles arrive.

By the way the bottle became much easier to screw and unscrew after the first week. I found a technique that works. I reach under the bottle with my nails and grab the
edge and unscrew that way.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Set up the RBA that came with the APV yesterday.

Solid Vape, Lot's of room for the coils and plenty of aeration. Came in at .42 Ohms.

Let me reiterate to those who aren't I-phone users. I have plenty of micro USB Cables and have been operating it as a pass through.
No worries about battery life. The Pass Through is excellent, take advantage of it.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
The Vendor has promised to send me replacement bottles. But I believe it when I see it. When they come in I'll post it on the thread.

Btw- Squonking like a V-mod upside down is working really well. I may be tempted to just continue doing it this way even when the new bottles arrive.

By the way the bottle became much easier to screw and unscrew after the first week. I found a technique that works. I reach under the bottle with my nails and grab the
edge and unscrew that way.

Exactly what I have to do. :thumb:

Senior vapor

Apr 30, 2015
Well I finally heard from Angel Cigs. They gave me a 10.00 refund. They say it takes 10 to 25 days to get my money. I give up. I am squonking on the GAY-scano (don't mean to insult anyone) I adjusted the center pin as best I could (that's where my problem was). It must be leaking at the center pin so I have to be very careful of my liquid squonk I love to squonk and hate tanks and I really like to get the new SAa that is out. Gotta wait.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
what do you think about the supplied atty?
Some more thoughts on the RBA. I first set it with the coils it came with and it was .42 Ohms.
I overtightened the screws a day later and re-built it at .35. This is a larger RBA which I like. Also the top holes are adjustable.
I found when opened all the way it was too Airy and I like it closed.

Now the negative. Either it came without one of the screws or I lost it when it dropped. When it arrived the bottom piece was so tightly
screwed on that the Vape shop needed to use pliers to unscrew it. The other negative is that the screws it comes with are tiny hex, not Philips and you need the special hex that it comes with for screw compatibility. None of the Vape shops had that particular hex.

Last edited:
Reactions: thetrucker

ericbnc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Piedmont Triad, NC
I think that small allen head wrench is made of pixie dust since it becomes invisible at random - I twisted the cable wrap (like a bread tie) from the charging cable around it so I could spot it quicker.

Here are a couple things I have noticed:

1. If I leave the atty on the mod, screwing in the refilled squonk bottle is harder.
2. If I twist the atty down too far the ohm reading jumps around. I think the pin gets pinched between the bottom of the atty and the top of the bottle and does not sit flat like this. I screw the atty on till I feel a little resistance and all is well.
3. It's harder to get the juice into the atty when the bottle is 1/3rd full or less.

Reactions: thetrucker

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
Thinking about picking up a squonker myself but had to respond about the grub/hex screws. I have a few rba that use them and most of the wrenches or tools they came with did not work well. I have several small screwdrivers with the interchangeable tips. Long story short the torx (star) tip fits the grub screws suprisingly well and have been using it ever since. Come to think of it I don't have a clue where one of the allen wrench tools is lol.

Blind Owl

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2014
BC, Canada
The included atty is a pleasure to build on—lots of room, easy to wick—but the draw is MUCH too airy for my liking. I prefer a tightish draw, about like the cigarettes I used to smoke. The upper airflow control (if you could call it that) takes pliers to turn and doesn't make much difference anyhow. No matter how I adjust it, this thing is still a lung-hitter's dream. Too bad, because otherwise I might like the atomizer. As it is, I won't be using it.

The mod itself is simple & solid enough, but the chrome finish is far more annoying than I expected. Even my chrome VTR wasn't this bad: I'd swear it smudges if I so much as glance at it.

And yes, the bottle is a pain to install & remove. If I intended to use it much I'd try to limber up the bottle threads by dabbing some abrasive compound on them & screwing a spare cap on & off half a dozen times. Might smooth things out a little, I dunno.

I hate to sound like yet another Reo fanboy, but this mod will gather dust unless & until my faithful old LP Grand starts acting up…though in the six months I've had mine, it hasn't even hiccupped.

On the other hand, if you like a wide open draw & don't mind wearing cotton gloves when you vape, the S-body is a pretty decent mod & seems like good value for the money.

Last edited:
Reactions: RuDawg7890

ericbnc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Piedmont Triad, NC
I used the allen key to get the top ring off - put it in one side hole, pry up gently, then repeat on other side - might have to go from one side to the other a few times but it will pop off with almost no effort this way and then you can close the top holes. The middle can be set to almost completely closed if you choose as well which results in a Kayfun like tight draw. I prefer the more open lung hit style draw myself but the atty can accommodate for either preference.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2014
BC, Canada
I used the allen key to get the top ring off - put it in one side hole, pry up gently, then repeat on other side - might have to go from one side to the other a few times but it will pop off with almost no effort this way and then you can close the top holes. The middle can be set to almost completely closed if you choose as well which results in a Kayfun like tight draw. I prefer the more open lung hit style draw myself but the atty can accommodate for either preference.

Thanks, ericbnc I'll be giving that a shot. :thumb:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Earlier in the thread I mentioned that the metal straw assembly broke in the bottle after 4 days and I've
been squonking upside down. Angel cig has taken care of the issue.

They just sent me tracking. They are sending me 3 replacement bottles from China.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
The included atty is a pleasure to build on—lots of room, easy to wick—but the draw is MUCH too airy for my liking. I prefer a tightish draw, about like the cigarettes I used to smoke. The upper airflow control (if you could call it that) takes pliers to turn and doesn't make much difference anyhow. No matter how I adjust it, this thing is still a lung-hitter's dream. Too bad, because otherwise I might like the atomizer. As it is, I won't be using it.

The mod itself is simple & solid enough, but the chrome finish is far more annoying than I expected. Even my chrome VTR wasn't this bad: I'd swear it smudges if I so much as glance at it.

And yes, the bottle is a pain to install & remove. If I intended to use it much I'd try to limber up the bottle threads by dabbing some abrasive compound on them & screwing a spare cap on & off half a dozen times. Might smooth things out a little, I dunno.

I hate to sound like yet another Reo fanboy, but this mod will gather dust unless & until my faithful old LP Grand starts acting up…though in the six months I've had mine, it hasn't even hiccupped.

On the other hand, if you like a wide open draw & don't mind wearing cotton gloves when you vape, the S-body is a pretty decent mod & seems like good value for the money.
The bottle softens up with time. Mine screwed on and off quite easily after the first week or so.

Reactions: Blind Owl

foliagegreen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2013
New York, NY, USA
Earlier in the thread I mentioned that the metal straw assembly broke in the bottle after 4 days and I've
been squonking upside down. Angel cig has taken care of the issue.

They just sent me tracking. They are sending me 3 replacement bottles from China.

That's pretty awesome. I saw replacement bottles with the metal piece being sold separately but it was on a website in the UK. Hope mine doesn't crap out lol

bky16

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2015
Hong Kong
Just got my first Squonker today, vaping nicely with the Vortice...
S_BODY_SCA3.jpg

Reactions: foliagegreen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread