Status
Not open for further replies.

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
this one looks pretty great for a tiny, travel friendly, yet pretty powerful device. has a built in 18650, but only 1800 mah apparently. something ill probably switch out for a 3000mah as long as its doable. $79 shipped with a 15% off coupon, only US store to carry it as far as i could tell. just ordered, will post more when i get it.

size:
71x39x23mm
S-Body_Elfin_DNA75_3.jpg

S Body Elfin DNA75W

anyone have one? thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: AtmizrOpin

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
this one looks pretty great for a tiny, travel friendly, yet pretty powerful device. has a built in 18650, but only 1800 mah apparently. something ill probably switch out for a 3000mah as long as its doable. $79 shipped with a 15% off coupon, only US store to carry it as far as i could tell. just ordered, will post more when i get it

S Body Elfin DNA75W

anyone have one? thoughts?
for some reason this mod always pops into my head now and then. i think you're on the right track with replacing the stock lipo. maybe a vtc5 or 30q. i'd stay away from the hg2's for a while, since mooch found out they're making them less powerful.

p.s. my dna 40 clownstick is still vaping along! thanks again buddy!

Reactions: jmarkus

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
for some reason this mod always pops into my head now and then. i think you're on the right track with replacing the stock lipo. maybe a vtc5 or 30q. i'd stay away from the hg2's for a while, since mooch found out they're making them less powerful.

p.s. my dna 40 clownstick is still vaping along! thanks again buddy!

yeah, so glad to hear, mate, mines still going strong as well.

also, just order this already!!!

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
got it...and its amazing!!!!!! super tiny, and the battery seems to just keep going. might have to get a second one cuz this one hasnt left my hand since receiving a few days ago. unreal how they fit a dna75 and an 18650 in this thing, sbody did it again!!

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
oh wow, shorter than the sdna, shorter and less deep than the clownstick as well. best place, aka cheapest place, to order the elfin?

on a side note, a day after i first posted here about my clown still working good, i jinxed myself and it went crazy and got stuck between flashing 1 watt and the serial number on the screen. had to take the WHOLE thing apart only to find out flux residue was shorting the down +/- external button pin out on the dna 40 board. ran a razor blade between the two solder joints and all is good again.

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
oh wow, shorter than the sdna, shorter and less deep than the clownstick as well. best place, aka cheapest place, to order the elfin?

on a side note, a day after i first posted here about my clown still working good, i jinxed myself and it went crazy and got stuck between flashing 1 watt and the serial number on the screen. had to take the WHOLE thing apart only to find out flux residue was shorting the down +/- external button pin out on the dna 40 board. ran a razor blade between the two solder joints and all is good again.

amazing clown save!!!

only place in US that i know of to order is mfs:
S Body Elfin DNA75W

15% off if first time buyer:
NEWMFS15

13% off for others:
VAPINGCHEAP13

Last edited:

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
finally got around to upgrading both elfins with some hg2's (3000mah brownies) i had laying around. more of a tootle puffer, so don't even need the 20a continuous.

heres a pic of the guts (with new battery installed):
20160909_124422.jpg
sweet setup, were you able to directly solder the wires on the battery? how's that battery life now that you've changed it?

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
sweet setup, were you able to directly solder the wires on the battery? how's that battery life now that you've changed it?

yep, pretty much...i ended up cutting the tabs off old battery and reusued to keep the height of battery at a minimum. super easy to solder the tabs directly to battery. flux is my very good friend. scuffed up the + and -, then fluxed and soldered. gained 60% more mah, and feels about 60% longer battery life. i get 2 days on a charge give or take.

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
yep, pretty much...i ended up cutting the tabs off old battery and reusued to keep the height of battery at a minimum. super easy to solder the tabs directly to battery. flux is my very good friend. scuffed up the + and -, then fluxed and soldered. gained 60% more mah, and feels about 60% longer battery life. i get 2 days on a charge give or take.
hell ya! when you think about it, there's not a stronger connection , electrically speaking, when it's soldered. i suggest running battery analyzer with this new battery. it'll tweak the battery meter slightly and calibrate it for this specific battery. i bet you don't have a problem with the "weak battery" message popping up prematurely.......

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
never get the weak battery message. ill run analyzer eventually, but working amazingly so far.

also, as far as how easy of a "mod" this battery swap was on a scale of 1-10 (1 being easy) id give it a 1. took about 10 minutes and very little effort. no making more room in the case, no dremel, no real modding to speak of.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZeroOhm

ZeroOhm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
UK
@ jmarkus many thanks for the post it was just what I was looking for! I was so impressed I ordered another, I have never held an elfin 40 in my hand but this is pretty much the smallest mod I have owned.

I saw mooch's post on the HG2s so I am going to try one with a new HG2 and the other with a new 30Q.

c89cb651a6cf89bb4cedf5e053630c22.jpg

96f20889910fb30539755490808feda8.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread