S.O.S my ProVari stuck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    That's a V1 Viva Nova, and the center pin is to long. Look to see see if you have pushed the center pin of the Provari down. Also pushing the wicks from side to side while messing with those atomizers can cause a partial short. I measured one of those atties yesterday at 0.9 ohms after it had blown the MOSFET out in an eGo bat..

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Change the battery, meter test the atomizer resistance, try another carto, leave the battery out for an hour and try again. Make sure the atomizer center contact is slightly higher than the outer ring to prevent shorts. Clean the well in the Provari. They also recommend an alcohol wash on the Provari site if juice gets into the inside of the tube. It cleans the circuit board of leaked juice.

Troubleshooting Tips

ETA: I got an E1 the other day and my 3.0 ohm Boge carto read about 2 ohms on a meter and on the Provari Ao check. Changing the carto fixed it. It was a sudden occurence and I'm thinking that the coil had an intermittent short. I was at 4.2v and that isn't overcurrent even for a 2 ohm atty. It was probably varying wildly in resistance.

I think you have a shorted condition with the atty.

Last edited:

Hoosier

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 26, 2010
    Indiana
    First, unscrew any atomizer or cartomizer. The battery reading should never be above 4.2 since that is the upper limit on that cell. Since the volage reading is being taken with a light load going to the device screwed into it, there is a problem there. As TJ99959 pointed out, the center pin on your atty/carto may have pushed the center connector, in the ProVari, down and maybe with enough force to push the insulation aside so the center is making some contact with the threaded portion.

It may be possible to pull the center up with a bent paper clip. If doing this makes the battery reading normal and produces an "OP" reading for an atty resistance check (we still have not screwed anything into it since we took it out and attempted this!) then it may be possible to carefully and lightly screw another carto/atty in and see if that fixes it.

Otherwise you're probably looking at getting an RMA from Provape and sending it back in for repairs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread