saber out of commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

darwinvsjesus

ECF Veteran
Well, this actually happened a while ago. I put one of my batteries in backwards and the saber fired as soon as I had the cap on, so I pulled it out and removed the batteries. After that, it will not fire at all. it's the 5v HP version. I guess I'll need to mail it to Sir Lawrence. I've had a few substitution e-cigs until I can send it out but they are awful. The ego-twist type batteries, which apparently fail 50% of the time with bad soldering. I currently have to pick up those turkish royals again until I fix this.

I was just wondering, has anyone ever done this and had a better outcome, is the firing problem a coincidence? Also, I noticed that my 510 connector doesn't hold nova tanks at all anymore, and many cartos will not twist on. They always twisted on crooked, which was fine, but now I have no saber, and I am honestly very sad.

:(

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I feel so bad for you, if you were close Id loan you one of mine. I hope the prognosis is not so bad. I dropped my first Saber after only having it a few weeks. It was one of those fluke things. Feel maybe 2 feet but landed right on the edge of my phiniac tank and knocked the 510 connector enough to be crooked and would not fire. It cost 50 or 60 to have it redone. It was really messed up. But Sir Lawerence fixed right up. It was hard going back to using my KGO batteries. Now I have a back up Saber and those KGO just in case.

darwinvsjesus

ECF Veteran
I will definitely be buying another saber. I was going to buy an all-mechanical mod just to be 'safe', but I won't get the service Sir Lawrence gives and I won't get the quality. Plus, I don't care what anybody says, all-mechanical mods break just as often. I bought a 'smoov rev' and it broke. Exchanged it and that one broke. I took it apart and nothing [!!!] was even soldered in there. SERIOUSLY.

So, hopefully I will be able to send the saber out to Sir Lawrence this week. I've been smoking additive-free cigarettes in the meantime, but I really hate that I went through with it.

So, maybe some input. When I buy a second saber, should I buy another 5v, or a 3.7v for portability. I figure they are smaller, easier to carry [I walk everywhere] etc.

What I don't get was how my saber stopped working. The spring didn't collapse, there was no evidence of a short, but it doesn't work anymore. And atomizers won't stay on. They are loose. I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread