Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I wonder how much the looming PMTA deadline (now May 11, 2020) influenced that decision?

As a US-based maker, they've been between a rock and a hard place for a while; not allowed to introduce any new products to what is certainly their biggest market in the past three years.

Everyone who likes squonk mods owes REOS a debt. I'm not sure they invented squonking, but they certainly made it respectable.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Fairly certain that Carlos "invented" bottom feeders, but Rob made it usable. That aside, a Reo Grande was indeed my first bottom feeder thanks to suggestion from Pdib and monkey.

My first REO Grande was helped along with the guidance of @Papa_Lazarou

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I gotta admit - I'm a little verklempt over this.

I get the reasoning, especially the family life aspect, but I guess I just wish it weren't so. REOVille was special - as special as the Grand itself. As a young man, I inherited my grandfather's volkswagen beetle. I knew they had a cult following, but I had no idea how strong that attachment was until I started driving one. Honks (the friendly kind) from strangers, people always telling me one story of another about their experiences in or around one. Once, I ran out of gas on the highway (it happened when your weekly income was $75) and multiple people stopped within seconds to help. People just connected with the thing. Same thing with the REO.

I was lost in the miasma that was kayfuns when I found squonking and REO's changed my whole vape game. REOVille changed my whole attitude about this place (which was, for me, pretty hit or miss in terms of a sense of community). It was, not to wax too hyperbolic, the zenith of my time on ecf.

@CMD-Ky mentioned above that I'd helped with the transition to squonking. All I was doing was paying forward the help and genuine care I'd received previously. The 'Ville was like that.

For me, the REO inc. closure isn't just a mod line going away, it's the shutting down of my home town. It happens. I'll live (prolly a lot longer thanks to REO's). I just wish it didn't happen.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
This is truly a very sad time. REO mods are the ultimate squonk device and,as posted,the REO grand is an awesome squonk mod. This feels like the vaping industry as a whole is coming to a close. Too many,that have been around from the beginning, have/are closing shop.

1)REO mods
2)Puresmoker
3)Provape
4)SuperT
This is depressing.

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
This is truly a very sad time. REO mods are the ultimate squonk device and,as posted,the REO grand is an awesome squonk mod. This feels like the vaping industry as a whole is coming to a close. Too many,that have been around from the beginning, have/are closing shop.

1)REO mods
2)Puresmoker
3)Provape
4)SuperT
This is depressing.

and..
5)TMods
6)Catfish
7) Pdib
8)Custom Clasics

[emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
It's sad, but it is what it is. The market has moved on, as good as Reo's are they have not seen any significant development since the P67 was released. I still use my Reo Grand all day every day, have done since I joined ECF. It's a rock solid device. But they are not cheap and getting a good vape also requires some work on the part of the user. For me it was worth the effort, as I have not needed to buy anything else for years. For most it seems a cheaper (almost to the point of being disposable) regulated device that is easy to set up is more attractive. I guess if I was looking for a mod now, without my previous experience with a Reo I would also discount them, a shame because they are a very good device if you want something that is tough and reliable over the long term.

Horselady154

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
It's sad, but it is what it is. The market has moved on, as good as Reo's are they have not seen any significant development since the P67 was released. I still use my Reo Grand all day every day, have done since I joined ECF. It's a rock solid device. But they are not cheap and getting a good vape also requires some work on the part of the user. For me it was worth the effort, as I have not needed to buy anything else for years. For most it seems a cheaper (almost to the point of being disposable) regulated device that is easy to set up is more attractive. I guess if I was looking for a mod now, without my previous experience with a Reo I would also discount them, a shame because they are a very good device if you want something that is tough and reliable over the long term.
Yeah, I'm considering buying a P67, just because when all else fails, this should continue to work. And you can put the newer type of RDAs on it, instead of being limited to Reomizers, etc.

tw33k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2013
Canberra, ACT, Australia
i started vaping in Nov 2013. A few months later, i wanted to get into RDAs but dripping looked like a pain. i eventually learned about squonking and the REO Grand so bought my first one. i loved it and soon i owned 5 and 2 P67s.

i've since moved on to other devices but i will never get rid of any of my REOs.

upload_2019-8-27_4-1-58.jpeg

tw33k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2013
Canberra, ACT, Australia
Yeah, I'm considering buying a P67, just because when all else fails, this should continue to work. And you can put the newer type of RDAs on it, instead of being limited to Reomizers, etc.

You can use any atomizer with a REO Grand LP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread