'Sad' option in the Likes row?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles
Just a thought, it might be useful to have a 'Sad' icon in the Likes row. Quite often I've found it would be more appropriate than clicking Like where say a member posts that their mod or atty got nerfed etc. Like, or indeed the other options doesn't seem to be appropriate.

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles

The whole point of the Like row is to provide folks with an option to express a view about a post so they don't have to actually post to do so unless they have further comment to make / value to add. Thus folks don't have to clutter up the boards with single emoji posts. Pointless junk really. One post clicked with 30 likes or thirty posts with each person posting: :) Yeah, riiiiight.

Kinda :rolleyes:

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well "heart/love being sent your way" could lean that direction as does the rainbow for oh my gosh, that's terrible etc. are what we have now.

I want a "NO WAY OMG BUTTON" although I'm not sure I'm going to get one. I think informative and useful are a BIT redundant in a way, although I'm sure we all have some sort of "mental picture" of what each symbol means.

And perhaps yes, we may not like, need to reply to every post, there does come point when I fear the world will consist entirely of emogees and not words and then, much like the Egyptians we are doomed.

I also think this topic was pretty much done to death when they changed, although the hottest debate centered around the disagree button, also probably not about to be changed. Etc.
Anna

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles
Yeah I can kinda see the point of most. I do think Informative and Useful could be one and the same. Love I see as kinda Super Like. Creative also has a place. But nothing for 'sad / that's bad news / sorry about' that etc. Disagree I find I'd rarely use, unless someone posted something like "Using a mech mod you don't need to worry about ohms", something that's flat outright wrong. I'd use it maybe if someone posted "The Cylon has the best and most reliable screen ever" ;) Just odd, for me, that we have Useful and Informative but no Sad.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
The whole point of the Like row is to provide folks with an option to express a view about a post so they don't have to actually post to do so unless they have further comment to make / value to add. Thus folks don't have to clutter up the boards with single emoji posts. Pointless junk really. One post clicked with 30 likes or thirty posts with each person posting: :) Yeah, riiiiight.

Kinda :rolleyes:
The button you are talking about does not exist. Perhaps a request directly to the admins to add it might be better than moaning about it.

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles
The button you are talking about does not exist. Perhaps a request directly to the admins to add it might be better than moaning about it.

Jeez, get a life! Someone who classes a suggestion in the erm, 'Forum feedback and Help' section (see the clue? Feedback!) as moaning. It's called feedback which is then also open for discussion. You must be a bundle of fun to be around. I also must have missed where they put you in charge!

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
I can definitely see the need for the Sad button. Maybe the lack of the sad is to force us to reach out to each other when sad is appropriate. As Anna pointed out we don't want to become a society based on emoji communication only. I would also support a Troll button.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Jeez, get a life! Someone who classes a suggestion in the erm, 'Forum feedback and Help' section (see the clue? Feedback!) as moaning. It's called feedback which is then also open for discussion. You must be a bundle of fun to be around. I also must have missed where they put you in charge!
I hope the new emoji completes your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread