Safe, long lasting battery for .15 ohm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke336225

Nov 18, 2015
Hello everyone! I am having trouble finding information that is new for making a decision for batteries. My setup is a Joyetech eVic-VTC mini (updated to run at 75w to 600° F on ni, ti, and ss) running a YouD Zephyrus tank with .15 ohm ni200 coils. What would be a good battery choice that would be safe for running this combination? I'm also wanting it no not go dead after only a few hours too but if I have to sacrifice that for safety then I wont think twice about it. I typically vape around 420° F at 50w locked in at .15 ohms. I want something that will handle me occasionally cranking it up to blow some massive clouds too but typically I keep it around the stated numbers. Thanks in advance for the advice!

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Resistance doesn't matter on a vw mod, wattage and battery charge level do (lower charge = higher amp draw). Vaping at 50w a 20 amp battery will be sufficient. For longest vape time I'd suggest a Samsung 30q or LG hg2. If you want to go over 60w I'd suggest you get 30 amp batteries. 60w is pretty much the limit of 20 amp batteries, though that depends a bit on the battery cutoff limit and the device efficiency.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Hello everyone! I am having trouble finding information that is new for making a decision for batteries. My setup is a Joyetech eVic-VTC mini (updated to run at 75w to 600° F on ni, ti, and ss) running a YouD Zephyrus tank with .15 ohm ni200 coils. What would be a good battery choice that would be safe for running this combination? I'm also wanting it no not go dead after only a few hours too but if I have to sacrifice that for safety then I wont think twice about it. I typically vape around 420° F at 50w locked in at .15 ohms. I want something that will handle me occasionally cranking it up to blow some massive clouds too but typically I keep it around the stated numbers. Thanks in advance for the advice!
Joytech recommends the Sony vtc4 battery for evic vtc mini, and they do not list the max amp draw or efficiency of the chip... based on that i would only use a known and tested 30 amp battery for it, that leaves you the choice of
Sony Vtc4 2100 mah
LG Hb2 1500 mah
LG Hb6 1500 mah

there are a few others not as widely available or as commonly used and tested,for more on the subject checkout Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

Reactions: Luke336225

Luke336225

Nov 18, 2015
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I find so much conflicting information for the batteries mentioned. The printed battery stats for some are tested by users and not matching. Should I focus more on the pulse readings or what? On the bright side though, from what I've been able to gather, good name brand batteries such as LG, Sony, and so on tend to print numbers under what the batteries are capable of handling (I'm guessing to avoid lawsuits) vs others that just throw a label on some 3d bin battery and give it ungodly specs. Not to point fingers but *cough cough efest cough*

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I find so much conflicting information for the batteries mentioned. The printed battery stats for some are tested by users and not matching. Should I focus more on the pulse readings or what? On the bright side though, from what I've been able to gather, good name brand batteries such as LG, Sony, and so on tend to print numbers under what the batteries are capable of handling (I'm guessing to avoid lawsuits) vs others that just throw a label on some 3d bin battery and give it ungodly specs. Not to point fingers but *cough cough efest cough*
Go with the constant discharge ratings.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Continuous discharge rating only. This is an industry standard specification. This spec makes it easy to compare specs between different models and brands.

Don't rely on pulse discharge ratings. This is not an industry standard across the board, as each company has their own definition of what one is: it can be anything between a millisecond to several seconds. This spec is actually pretty useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread