SAFETY FIRST: Apollo Extreme battery product use update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barracuda30

Jun 30, 2013
Maine, USA
I am not sure the best place to post this, but it's a safety issue, and one I have not seen posted anywhere else (except where I discussed it in the supplier's forum.) Maybe the New Members Forum is the best place since a lot of noobs like me may be affected by this. If this is NOT the best place, I apologize in advance!

Apollo was having a promotion (and may still be having a promotion) for a free "Extreme" mini kit, featuring one Apollo Extreme battery (280mah), 2 prefilled cartos, and a USB charger. I can no longer find the link to the single "mini kit" on their website, but they sell boxes of the mini kits. So here's the link for the "Extreme" mini kit.

I liked it, a lot. I decided to order an extra Extreme battery (by all looks, appearances, and listed specs, the SAME battery) for my husband and some refillable cartos and e-liquid.

However, the first time we went to recharge that extra battery using the USB that came with the mini starter kit, the battery got very hot and began to melt.

Customer service was great, they are sending a replacement Extreme battery, etc. HOWEVER, last night I got an email from them that ONLY the Extreme battery from the minikit can be used w/the USB charger from the mini kit. They consider these "stand-alone" items. Replacement or extra Extreme batteries, although they are branded the same, look the same, seem to have the same specs, and fit the USB charger, can NOT be charged with the charger that comes in the mini kit. They are sending a replacement charger along with the replacement Extreme battery.

That's great! But this info is nowhere on their supplier forums (except where I have posted about it) and not on their website in the product descriptions. Dangerous, IMHO. I really think this information needs to be out there. I can honestly see a lot of people liking the mini kit (like I did!) wanting an extra Extreme battery, ordering it, and having this issue when they try and charge it with the USB charger from the mini kit. It's the 4th of July (Happy Independence Day!) so maybe that explains the slowness in info dissemination from them.

Sorry if I am violating some forum rules for posting this—I'm new here—but it needs to be said, and I want the people who may have this issue most (noobs like me) to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread