• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Saints pray for my Mother! She's in hospital..... not looking good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Dear Heavenly Father, Almighty God. We all come before You today in the glorious Name of Jesus, seeking health for Blonde's precious Mom. Her health is failing, and we ask that You touch her body to heal her. Not knowing exacts, Lord, but You do, we ask that You stay with this family, to comfort, console, and cry with them during this trying time. Be with them all to give strengh to cope and continued strengh in taking care of this precious soul when she comes home from the hospital. By Your stripes, she is healed. We all stand together on this Lord, for you said 'where two or more are gathered in Your Name, You will be there also.' Mothers are such special gifts that You give to us, Lord, because You entrust them with love, guidance, determination to see their children to grown into responsible adults through You. Father, make Your presence be known to them and to her. Comfort her as she heals, whether in body or spirit, Lord, and have our dear Sister know beyond a doubt that You are with them all. This could be a very difficult time and I ask Lord that we all follow in Your footsteps in humble prayer for this family who needs You desperately. Be sure this family gets the nutrition they need and take turns for round the clock care. They will also need to rest whenever possible. Please, Lord, keep her mom comfortable and positive. We know that you have conquered the world for us and we trust You, and in You. Help them to know what to do to comfort her mother. Keep the hospital viligant in her care. I know doctors and nurses do the same things everyday, but I'm asking You, Lord to give these people compassionate hearts so they can do their best. Empower the family's faith, Lord. Please send a pastor, hospital chaplin, or someone they need to fulfill their spiritual needs. Thank You, Lord for being our God and loving us as much as You do. Thank You for understanding the needs of Your children. Give our sister strengh through prayer. Thank You, Lord for all that You are doing and all that You will be doing. For it's in the most Precious Name I know, Jesus, Amein

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Dear Heavenly Father, Almighty God. We all come before You today in the glorious Name of Jesus, seeking health for Blonde's precious Mom. Her health is failing, and we ask that You touch her body to heal her. Not knowing exacts, Lord, but You do, we ask that You stay with this family, to comfort, console, and cry with them during this trying time. Be with them all to give strengh to cope and continued strengh in taking care of this precious soul when she comes home from the hospital. By Your stripes, she is healed. We all stand together on this Lord, for you said 'where two or more are gathered in Your Name, You will be there also.' Mothers are such special gifts that You give to us, Lord, because You entrust them with love, guidance, determination to see their children to grown into responsible adults through You. Father, make Your presence be known to them and to her. Comfort her as she heals, whether in body or spirit, Lord, and have our dear Sister know beyond a doubt that You are with them all. This could be a very difficult time and I ask Lord that we all follow in Your footsteps in humble prayer for this family who needs You desperately. Be sure this family gets the nutrition they need and take turns for round the clock care. They will also need to rest whenever possible. Please, Lord, keep her mom comfortable and positive. We know that you have conquered the world for us and we trust You, and in You. Help them to know what to do to comfort her mother. Keep the hospital viligant in her care. I know doctors and nurses do the same things everyday, but I'm asking You, Lord to give these people compassionate hearts so they can do their best. Empower the family's faith, Lord. Please send a pastor, hospital chaplin, or someone they need to fulfill their spiritual needs. Thank You, Lord for being our God and loving us as much as You do. Thank You for understanding the needs of Your children. Give our sister strengh through prayer. Thank You, Lord for all that You are doing and all that You will be doing. For it's in the most Precious Name I know, Jesus, Amein

Thank you Jesus, Amen.

:wub: this Prayer.... Thank you so much Cuz.... you just don't know.....

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
UPDATE on MOM: She's still in ICU, heavily sedated and on a Ventilator, but her labs & blood oxygen levels from last night have improved and Nurse Amanda said they were going to do a 'breathing' Trial on her later today as they want to wean her from the Ventilator. Mom hates those 'Ventilator' things and always fights with them. The Nurse sounded 'hopeful' however, and indicated that everything appeared to be going in the 'right' direction.

Without all of you ECF and Facebook Prayer Warriors out there standing in the gap with me, I don't believe this would have been the expected outcome at all... (in fact, last night it wasn't!) So,.... (Thank YOU JESUS!)..... For all of you out there praying, I SEE you and I love you and am so blessed and grateful to you all. Next to Jesus you are my comfort and my strength..... I don't know what I'd do without all of you,.I also believe without all of you praying, I wouldn't be here typing right now, but on my way to OHIO to attend an event I know will come someday, but I'm not ready for right now..... just not right now..... EVER.... but definitely not right now. Bobby Lee and I plan on coming to OHIO to visit on Mom's 87th Birthday on July 20th,... I don't want anything to spoil that. Continue to pray Saint's.... Our God is a God of Miracles, is He not?

I've had no sleep so forgive me if I ramble, but I'm praying things steadily improve and within a few days she gets to go home. Oh! Mom was admitted to Mt. Carmel W Hospital at around 9 or 9:30 yesterday because she was having difficulty breathing and has "Right Lower-Lobe-Pneumonia"..... I think I got all that right.... I'm NOT the best at taking notes under stress. I'll try to keep everyone posted as best I can.

Knowing that all of you care enough to pray for my Mother is just ..... so astounding.. and amazing.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Take it from one who knows, Cuz. Spend as MUCH time with her as you possibly can. You don't want any regrets one way or the other. I did my best to spend as much time with mine, but the cancer went to her brain and she was off her nut. Had 24/7 sitters to help her and she called the police saying she was being held against her will, her attorney, saying she was starving because no one would feed her. Her attorney went to her apt. to make sure, which I appreciated. I wasn't there, but he got an eye full. She pulled out her urinary catheter and said, "What the h _ _ _ is this!" OUCH! It wasn't pretty. Lung cancer spreads either to the brain or the bones. I heard that bone is worse, and Praise God she didn't have to go through that. Prayers will continue, Cuz. Take care of you, too! :wub:

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Hope your mom is still improving, Cuz. Just wanted you to know that I am still praying for all of you! :wub:

Update on Mom: Still heavily sedated and in ICU on Ventilator - Nurse Katy indicated Mom's labs and vitals were still doing "OK", and that later today, her sedation will be lightened and she'll get the 'breathing trial' that, for some reason, was postponed yesterday. Poor Katy probably couldn't understand much of our conversation because I am just so upset over Mom that I can't breathe correctly to talk,.... but I'm HOPING she understood that this is one Child who loves her Mother, and is very grateful there are brave and beautiful Nurses, like her, taking care of them. Continue to pray with me Saints.

I :wub: you Cuz..... you and everyone praying on this Forum is a GIFT. There just are no words.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I am glad she is receiving such good care. ICU staff is generally ON TOP of everything. When a patient is on a ventilator, they like to keep them sedated, otherwise, they fight it. It's just human nature. I'm in the gap with you, and am glad that she is no worse! That's an improvement! Have you seen a doctor for your aniexty? He can help with that. You have to keep a cool head. Eat and rest when you can, okay? :wub:

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Update on Mom: She's off the Ventilator, but her Doctor said while she's doing better, She's still 'bad'. My little Sister got to visit with her earlier this evening however and she also indicated that it's very hard to look at Mom.... all frail and still having such difficulty breathing. She said Mom looked at her at some point in their conversation and said; "I don't think I'm going to make it this time". That broke my little Sister's heart... and mine. I'm not giving up hope.... just uneasy still. Debating over whether I should wait a couple of more days and see how she does or make arrangements to leave tomorrow? :confused:

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I'd go. If the worse thing that happens is you waste a few dollars on a trip, I could live with that! I'm sure your sister could use the support and comfort. Take your laptop or I will send my home number to you in a p.m. and you can call me or I can give you my cellphone # to use for texting. I'll keep the board updated.:wub:

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Update on Mom: She's off the Ventilator, but her Doctor said while she's doing better, She's still 'bad'. My little Sister got to visit with her earlier this evening however and she also indicated that it's very hard to look at Mom.... all frail and still having such difficulty breathing. She said Mom looked at her at some point in their conversation and said; "I don't think I'm going to make it this time". That broke my little Sister's heart... and mine. I'm not giving up hope.... just uneasy still. Debating over whether I should wait a couple of more days and see how she does or make arrangements to leave tomorrow? :confused:

I feel for you, it's one more of those choices in life we have to make and live with. One thing I'll say on this, your choice you make will be the one you will have to live with for the rest of your life. If you haven't yet it's time to ask God to GUIDE you and let Him know it's hard to make choice for yourself at this time and you need Him to step in and fill that void ASAP. I'm sure God will!

Beware our adversary will take advantage at any given Opportunity that's his job.

Ten years ago I went through a period that I couldn't think straight and I went to God and did exactly what I suggested you to, ask Him to take over 100%!

Edited in

By the way, I didn't have to wait long God stepped in at once though I didn't see Him until much later, I can now say He is awesome. I didn't see Him but He was making my choices for me and every one of them and they were perfect.

Last edited:

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    I feel for you, it's one more of those choices in life we have to make and live with. One thing I'll say on this, your choice you make will be the one you will have to live with for the rest of your life. If you haven't yet it's time to ask God to GUIDE you and let Him know it's hard to make choice for yourself at this time and you need Him to step in and fill that void ASAP. I'm sure God will!

Beware our adversary will take advantage at any given Opportunity that's his job.

Ten years ago I went through a period that I couldn't think straight and I went to God and did exactly what I suggested you to, ask Him to take over 100%!

Edited in

By the way, I didn't have to wait long God stepped in at once though I didn't see Him until much later, I can now say He is awesome. I didn't see Him but He was making my choices for me and every one of them and they were perfect.

IMHO, no one could keep me away from my parent who is in critical condition. But that is me. It's always a good idea to ask God for any and everything that is going on in their life. I was fortunate that I lived in the same town my parents lived. It was easier for me. I was with them both when they passed away. It was an honor and privilege.

When my mom had open heart surgery, I took family medical leave. I got ribbed by the rest of my family, which consisted of one sister and a nephew because I wouldn't leave the hospital while she was in CCU. My sister was of no help. My husband stayed with me. The doctor stated that someone needed to be there and Daddy wasn't able to drive anymore, so I had 2 patients. I had to get help from our church to help him. It was such a strain on me that my chronic fatigue kicked in and I had no energy to bathe myself. My husband had to bathe me. Praise God she made a great recovery! Afterwards, I had to quit work and file for disability. That was in 1999.

In the event that the doctor calls in the family, she has to get to Ohio from Florida in record time. But, MM, your post is definitely valid and I don't want to sway one way or the other. I'm only talking about what I would do since I've lost both of my parents and what I went through. Regardless, it's not going to be easy one way over the other. We need to stand in the gap for her, as she is going through a very rough time. :(

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    FL, USA
    blondeambition3.wix.com
    Update on Mom: Update on Mom: She's in a REGULAR room now.... Look at that beautiful SMILING face Saints! (These Photos ripped my guts out initially.... While everyone else says she's looking great compared to what she was, these images are just tearing my heart apart)... but! Thank you JESUS and and all of you Saints who haven't stopped praying. We got our SECOND Miracle..... Please Saints.... but please don't stop praying as she's still so very frail

5 24 2014b.jpg

5 24 2014 a.jpg

5 24 2014 c.jpg

If all continues to go well, then Mom should be released from the Hospital Monday or Tuesday.... My Hubs is getting an early Vacation so we'll be heading for OHIO first thing Tuesday Morning.... unless, of course there's an emergency.... then I would have to catch the 'next' flight out of Orlando....

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread