Sale of tobacco products now being banned at some pharmacies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
A drug-dispensing pharmacy is almost an afterthought in places like CVS or Walgreen's. It's like a closet, way in the back, after you walk down aisles of soft drinks and potato chips.

Mostly, U.S. drug stores are just big convenience stores, selling everything from groceries to beach balls to snake oil for arthritis pains. Cigarette sales have long been a fact for most so-called pharmacies. In every pharmacy I've ever been in, the cigs are sold from the front counter, by the entrance/exit doors, and drugs are all the way in the rear. It's very much design-by-demand.

That way you don't have to walk a mile for a Camel.

Next: Will Boston act against Walgreen's selling the Ruyan Jazz disposable e-cigarette? Round two coming up right after this commercial ...

OutWest

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Oklahoma USA
www.alternasmokes.com
Even smaller mom & pop pharmacies in the U.S. are often set up to where they have a shop in the front area. A perfect example is a small-town pharmacy about 10 miles from me. The front area is a shop with a soda and sandwich counter, greeting cards/get well cards, assorted over the counter medications (aspirin, bandages, etc), a small toy area for the kids, a small candy area, and cigarettes behind the counter by the front door. In the back is the pharmacy area with its own counter.

And, I agree, this is going way overboard for them to ban tobacco products from pharmacies. Being Boston, it doesnt surprise me (they pretty much ban tobacco use everywhere in Boston). Theyre just about as bad as California.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread