Sale On Prodigy/USB Adapters ... Over 50% off/Under Cost ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Hey Guys,

Trying to Liquidate all Prodigy V1 Stock and Aluminum USB/Protege Stock (because we are moving to completely Stainless Steel) .... We have lots of adapters left over for those that want to take advantage of the sale. These Prodigy V1 adapters will NOT fit the new Prodigy V2. The Aluminum USB/Protege adapters should fit either or, just be careful when threading.

So, get them while they last! They are instock and will ship immediately. If you have been on the fence wondering whether or not to try some extra atomizers you may have to see if you like it, now's the time!!!

Thanks!

This only raises one question for me...
Will you still be able to provide support for those of us who are still covered by the 6 month warranty on our Prodigy's?
If something goes wrong, am I S.O.L.?

I'm assuming you already thought about this, but I'm just curious how you'll handle warranty repairs/replacements when you'll no longer be carrying the parts made for the original V1 tube.

Mr_Slippery

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2009
So, after the warranty is done, and remaining adapters are sold, we'd be out of luck if we want to buy any replacement parts?

The reason why I'm concerned (and I don't just get extra parts now), is that I need to give the checkbook a break. I have all three PS PV's and I need to free up money to stock up on juice, atty's etc.

How about a Trade-in program?

Edit: I'm mainly concerned about availability of replacement switch.

Last edited:

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
I see the Aluminum Prodigy V1 adapters discounted but not the USBPass Protege aluminum adapters. Am I missing them or haven't they been posted yet? Thank you.

My Fault Mark! Check Now .... :)

This only raises one question for me...
Will you still be able to provide support for those of us who are still covered by the 6 month warranty on our Prodigy's?
If something goes wrong, am I S.O.L.?

I'm assuming you already thought about this, but I'm just curious how you'll handle warranty repairs/replacements when you'll no longer be carrying the parts made for the original V1 tube.

CAD Files aren't going anywhere, and I am keeping an extra 50 or so tubes on Hand, and 150-200 adapters on hand just in case. Switches aren't an issue considering the plastic won't be going anywhere. Simple switch/resistor replacements. You will never be SOL :)

So, after the warranty is done, and remaining adapters are sold, we'd be out of luck if we want to buy any replacement parts?

The reason why I'm concerned (and I don't just get extra parts now), is that I need to give the checkbook a break. I have all three PS PV's and I need to free up money to stock up on juice, atty's etc.

How about a Trade-in program?

Edit: I'm mainly concerned about availability of replacement switch.

Replacement Switches will still be available Mr. Slippery ... There's a hold up right now for them because everything hit the machines at once. Otherwise, will keep them in stock (or try to atleast) Also ... Interesting IDEA on a trade-in program ... Will think about that!

I'm pretty darn sure that Steve isn't just going to abandon us Prodigy V1 owners. There is a plan, I'm certain. ;-)

No Sir :)

Geez, here I go again--going to pick up an extra adaptor.

Steve, wondering if I can buy either the end cap with spring or just the shell with end cap on the old style Prodigy? My cap and spring aren't in great shape since I tried to solder the spring awhile back (like an idiot). It works ok, but just wondering..........
Rita

Hey Limon,

We can get you a beautiful new tube and end cap to keep handy if need be :)

So the 50% off price is $12.99 for an adapter?
And the switches are regular ($26.99) price?
Will these be available in the future... as/when needed?
Thank You

Actually, its more than 50% .... Original Pricing was $29.99/each. New stainless will be about $22-$23 ... and these are going for $13 :) No Discount on switches right now. And yes, adapters will be available in the future.

I ordered the new version of the stainless steel USB passthrough. Will the aluminum adapter that's on sale now work with it?

Should, yes :)

BrockJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
Dallas, Texas
I don't think the construction or size of the adapters is changing, just the material that they're constructed of. The SS adapters would still fit the Prodigy.

I'm sure if there was a warranty claim (although I can't imagine it being the adapter) they'd put whatever they had (alum or SS) on your unit to fix the problem.

Everybody seems to be worried that this or that won't be available or repaired.
I've not seen anything to indicate that.

Trade in = sell yours and buy a new one.
When the V2 Prodigy's come out I'd be happy to buy your V1.

* Just my take on the situation *

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
I don't think the construction or size of the adapters is changing, just the material that they're constructed of. The SS adapters would still fit the Prodigy.

Brock -- New Prodigy is going to be smaller :) SS Adapters won't fit V1's -- Trying to go for a new streamline SS adapter. OD is different on new V2's... :)

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
WOW the USB went up to 69 dollars????!!!

Wasn't a cost effective piece of merchandise DaMulta ... Check several threads down re: new pricing structure. Wasn't even going to carry them anymore, however demand is still high for them, thus the reason we are still carrying them.

However, we are looking for an alternative, by making the Protege in to a USB as well. This way, you don't have to pay for a completely new device (IE: the protege) and you can simply add on to it. Hoping pricing is half of the above :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread