Status
Not open for further replies.

Orobas

Equine Disrespect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
Jarhead City
I like when my vendor calls me, they are good people.

If they call to make sure i get my order or to ask my opinion on a product, that's one thing.

My reaction to a sales call would be pure rage. I don't even like it when I'm added to an email list when i place an order, nevermind a phone list.

On the same topic, how about those people who call you to tell you they are from microsoft and you have a virus? Those people are fun to troll, especially since there's no fewer than four PCs in this house and I use a linux distro on my netbook I take to school with me.

iceman68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
This is one thing I do not like about submitting contact info to a vendor, the resulting sales calls.

That's why whenever I place an order I "mistakenly"(wink, wink) enter an incorrect phone number. With all the spam calls these days I certainly don't need any more. I don't trust these vendors, or any other merchant, with my number. :glare:

If they need to contact me they can send an email.

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
That's why whenever I place an order I "mistakenly"(wink, wink) enter an incorrect phone number. With all the spam calls these days I certainly don't need any more. I don't trust these vendors, or any other merchant, with my number. :glare:

Same. I think it's obnoxious when they require a phone number, and I never give my actual number. Sorry to the poor bloke who has the same fake number I always use, lol.

lladnar550

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
North Carolina

Google Voice #. I use it for all of my online shopping needs. Rings straight to voicemail, and I even occasionally check the messages :). I also give it out to people that I want to be able to contact me for a short while, but not permanently. Setup a rule to forward their number to my cell, disable it when I am done with them.

MartiP

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
San Antonio, TX, USA
I hate sales calls that I didn't ask for, and won't deal with any business that does them. I don't give my zip code, etc to checkout persons in stores, either. Since when do you have a RIGHT to datamine me ceaselessly? LEAVE ME ALONE.

My husband likes to screw with sales calls. We have onscreen caller ID, so he can tell. If it's a man, and they ask for me, he'll go all crazy on them "WHY ARE YOU CALLING MY WIFE, huh? Are you sleeping with her??!!" He does accents. He goes all freaky and starts talking about how the phone is bugged by aliens and does Franco have the shipment ready. He answers as Such-and-Such Correctional Facility and informs them that the person they are trying to reach is an inmate, and tries to get their name and number and asks all kinds of belligerent questions on how they know this person, why they are calling this prisoner, treating them as a suspicious character. I prefer to just ignore and not pick up, but he likes to pick up and mess with them. He's a loon. A loveable loon, but a loon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread