salt and freebase throat hit equivalent

Status
Not open for further replies.

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
Greetings!
wondering if anyone has experimented with salts on a subohm/DL tank; not for kicks with high nic content, but for actual use.

I DL 3mg freebase nic (and MTL the serious nicsalt when I need it with another tank). Wanting to try using the DL tank all day long with nicsalt, see how i feel with medium nic thoughout the day instead of alternating between chaining low nic and taking the high does when needed:

What would be the nicotine salt equivalent of 3mg freebase throat-hit-wise? 6mg salts? 9?

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
oh. checked the website_ here comes:

How strong would that hit be?
are there other manufacturers that do this?
is this available in Europe?
it's illegal in Germany to sell anything containing nicotine in over 10ml bottle; would this apply to me ordering something online?
their prices are much cheaper!

this changes everything!

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
You can use salts any where that you would use freebase. The difference a that the salt will have a lesser throat hit. That's it.

yes. the question was simply what's the equivalent hit. nothing to do with usabillity... thanks though.

now i'm wondering what manufacturers other than Nicotine River make Hit Salts... something available in Europe

• Agree

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I tried salt at 6mg/ml, that’s my freebase nic strength. Personally I can’t tell a difference, and I use smooth. At 12 or higher, I can tell, less TH. But it’s more expensive, so I only use the salts at a higher level, for small devices, like a pod or AIO.

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
@stols001 @DeloresRose thanks for replies.

Yes, I just figured someone has experimented before and save myself the hastle, wastes. Just i've started favouring the DL tank, though not exactly ceasing to like the MTL. I'm carrying the two tanks around though, esp. on days when i'd have to go in for a couple of hour seminar or something. Thought rather than carry both, i could try and have more nic in the DL maybe balance it out. I am using that with 3mg when i got time to vape, and use the MTL with 20mg salts when i only got a couple of minutes. Thought i'd just DL with the salts, allowing say 6 or 9 mg, which'll make up for the difference. Also might be a way to down the intake. Plus, althought the MTL tank guzzles significantly less, the liquids, whether my own mix or ready are pretty expensive, you can only by 20mg salt shots here, and only in 10ml bottles. So mixing a 100ml with +15 mg salts is at least 20Euros worth of nic, in addition to the flavour...

• Optimistic

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
That's the thing. We all HAVE experimented. We just aren't "you" so we don't know what it will be like for "you." As a general guideline I can only tell you I went from salt nic to freebase 1 :1 without noticing much difference but I started with salts because my respiratory system was all torn up. I don't use much PG and the only thing I can really tell you is on days where I vape a TON I occasionally get a sore throat, that's about it. Also, I don't particularly feel salts are absorbed faster really or anything, I did not notice much PERIOD.

If you are a delicate canary in a cage, I could see it making a difference I guess.

Anna

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
That's the thing. We all HAVE experimented. We just aren't "you" so we don't know what it will be like for "you." As a general guideline I can only tell you I went from salt nic to freebase 1 :1 without noticing much difference but I started with salts because my respiratory system was all torn up. I don't use much PG and the only thing I can really tell you is on days where I vape a TON I occasionally get a sore throat, that's about it. Also, I don't particularly feel salts are absorbed faster really or anything, I did not notice much PERIOD.

If you are a delicate canary in a cage, I could see it making a difference I guess.

Anna

well this canary could barely throat 6mg of freebase in a DL/subohm tank, nor 12 of the stuff in a high resistance pod. 20mg salts on the other hand, are a dream with higher resistance pod/MTL tank. (in my defense, delicate flower, i ain't complained about PG/VG percentages and, good lad that i am, have taken whatever i got on that front)

also definitely felt that nictone satiation when using salts. never got it freebasing, though to be fair, aside from the short experiment with 12mg which i couldn't throat, it was mostly 3mg.

sensation wise, though, the thicker vapour of DL tanks is quite nice. doubt i'd want to give up MTLing when i feel like it though.

anyway the question in this thread is kind of less important now, yesterday, the shop that's clearing out hit 50percent off... so freebase 10ml shots got .75 cents a pop. got forty, and maybe i'll go back for more. so i'm less interested in putting salt in my DL any time soon.

on the other hand the question of getting my hands on cheaper salts for high dose MTL is still important,
Brainstorming, or maybe just wondering: affordable alternatives for high nicotine mixing
after all, no matter how much i've started to enjoy DLing and the vaping for itself, MTLing the salts is at this point still the key thing keeping me from smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread