The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Salt nic pods for uwell vape. I'm 8 days in to no smokin

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Blackkitty, Mar 20, 2021.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Blackkitty

Blackkitty New Member

Mar 20, 2021
    Hi, I'm Blackitty. My brother gave me this link which is what he used when he quit smoking. Can anyone recommend an inexpensive vape. I'm currently using a uwell vape for Salt nic. The pods only last for 4 days, then the liquid turns harsh or tastes burnt. I have a smok alien.. the liquid in that is so harsh i can't vape with it.. should i replace the coil and liquid? Or does anyone recommend a different system? Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jwaterski

Jwaterski Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2013
    OKC, OK
    Wife uses halo juice in her uwell crown pod, it seems to vape pretty clean, pods last surprisingly long. It is a little pricey, and not salt, but she likes it. I use a rta, so changing wicks / coils more frequently isn’t really a concern to me and I use cheaper juice:)

3. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Hi and Welcome,
    How long did you smoke and how many per day?
    Where are you located?
    Do you have a vape shop local to you?
    What is your budget?

My wife has been very happy using the 3ml Innokin Sceptre and freebase 10mg/ml juice.
    The coils are replaceable and seem to last about 6 weeks or so. (Coils are about $1.50-$2.00 each)
    Flavor and vapor from the Sceptre exceed expectations.

Cheers
    I

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hawise

Hawise Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    If you're using the same ejuice in the pod mod you are in the SMOK, it probably won't work well. There are three basic types of vaping at the moment:
    • Pod mods - they vapourize a tiny amount of ejuice per puff. People usually use high concentration salt nicotine juices with them - 20 mg/ml, or even 30 or 50. (If your juice strength is in percent, percent is 1/10 of mg/ml, so 20 mg/ml = 2%, 50 mg/ml = 5%.)
    • MTL (mouth-to-lung) - You suck the vapour into your mouth and then inhale. They vapourize a small to moderate amount of juice per puff, so the nicotine concentration is usually lower. 3 - 12 mg/ml is common, either nicotine salt or freebase.
    • DL (direct lung) - You inhale the vapour directly into your lungs. You go through a lot of ejuice per puff, so it's lower concentration still. 1.5 mg/ml - 6 mg/ml, and most often freebase, although there's nothing wrong with using salts.
    I don't know what tank you're using with the SMOK Alien, but SMOK products are likely DL. A juice that would work well in a pod is usually too strong for a DL setup. Anyway, let us know which style of vaping appeals to you, and we can help you find equipment and juice that suits you.

Congratulations on your eight days, and good luck for the future!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Territoo

Territoo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
  6. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    In order to be successful in vaping,suggest you read:
    Home - The Vapers Table
    Tutorial: Beginner’s Guide to Vaping
    A Word On Vaping Technique | Nicoticket
    Buying and Using an Electronic Cigarette: A Primer
    (10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
    https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/3sj3ts/visual_learning_beginners_guide_to_vaping/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/wiki/frequently_asked_questions

7. Blackkitty

Blackkitty New Member

Mar 20, 2021
    Hi! Thank you for responding! I smoked a pack or so a day for 49 years, yes...I am ancient

8. Blackkitty

Blackkitty New Member

Mar 20, 2021
    Hi, thank you for responding. I smoked about 25 cigarettes a day, for 45 years...I am ancient! I am on a limited budget and I do have a vape store nearby. I have a uwell and the guy at the shop said it was for Salt nic only, but I went to another store and the guy told me I could use regular vape liquid and salt nic. The first 2 pods didn't last long. One leaked and the other pod tasted burnt, the liquid did. Anyway, I'm on my 3rd pod in two weeks. The guy started me at 30 mg. Do you know if that is where my nicotine should be? I also have an older SMOK Alien. But whatever is in there is so harsh that I can't vape with it. So I'm thinking of going to the store to get the coil and plastic cylinder--the thing that holds the vape liquid replaced. What do you think of that? Thank you!

9. Falconeer

Falconeer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Welcome aboard and well done - a week is a real landmark when you are stopping smoking. Keep up the good work!

10. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    First, congrats on making the switch!
    Second, Vapor does NOT need to be inhaled to be effective. The nebulized nicotine will be absorbed by the mucus membranes in your mouth and nose. Pull it in, swish it around and blow it back out. Throat sensitivity be damned.
    Thirdly, I always suggest a new user have at least two similar type devices. Two units ensures continuity if one breaks or is lost/stolen and also allows you to spike one device with high levels of nicotine for emergencies.
    Also consider that the 2010 technology in many pod systems is not designed to be used continuously and for long periods of time.
    If you are puffing on your pod more than once per minute and for more than 10 pulls per session, you may be pushing the capabilities of the hardware.

As noted in my signature, any device can use any type of nicotine so long as the concentration (mg/ml) is suitable. Pods 20mg/ml-60mg/ml, Something like the Smok unit I would say try 3mg/ml up to about 6mg/ml.

For about $25, the Innokin Sceptre is a great bit of kit. I would steer you in that direction if you are shopping for a reliable, flexible (button and/or draw activated) device that uses low cost replaceable coils and has a large (almost all day) battery capacity. (No, I don't work for Innokin, I'm just a satisfied customer)

HTH
    I

• Like Like x 2
  11. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Hello, Kitty! I like Innokin products a lot--Kroma-Z or Sceptre. User friendly, never leak, coils last a long time.

• Like Like x 1