Salty/sweet taste ALL VAPES flavors why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Przemix

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2021
sup, thanks for reading . I'm vaping for 3 years now, never had problem until now. I taste saltiness on my tongue after vaping for more than 10 seconds. I thought it might be coil so I changed them all. Maybe juice so i tried different ones different flavor. same thing.

I vaped for 3 years just Pomango and Menthol. Never had that problem. Recently I got into DIY Mixing so i ordered 14 different flavors and started experimenting. Mostly Peach, Mango, sweet mango CAP, Green Apple, Pomegranate. never went over % than whats recommended. After sweet Mango flavor CAP 5% solo flavor it started. I thought maybe its the mango flavor so Itried others and same thing, even Menthol. So its definitely something with my taste. I tried to eat lollipop candy and its there but barely noticeable because of the sugar from lolipop. Hmmmm.... Is it because i started experimenting with other flavors and I have so called"Vapers tongue " thingy?

When first time I tried mango and green apple , OMG it was spectacular taste!!!after few weeks now just salt mix with touch of sweetness and a litlle flavor on my tongue and I do let it go thru my nose and stuff too , to get most out of vaping experience, menthol is the strongest from them all that stays but its not the same as it was few weeks ago.

anybody had same issue? I found the thread from 2011 the guy had same issue.

18 days vaping - all juices now tasting salty sweet, but not in a good way.

I do feel,menthol,peach and other fruits flavor for 3-6 sec just after 10 seconds it becomes kinda salty on my tongue and lets see, umm upper patella of the jaw you call it? yeah... and im loosing flavor, very frustrating....

anyone can explain that or had similar experience?

thanks

Przemix

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2021
If you're using rebuiladables, I suggest mounting new coils and rewicking. Make sure hands are super clean and super rinsed before touching the wicking material.

That's all I got to suggest.
Thanks , i Think its Just too many chemical stuff on flavors at once for my tongue and i also burned my upper Patella eating extremely hot pizza and marinara souce burned it so I have to heal first…..:-/

today it’s getting better , I started to feel “white peach “ a little bit ….

Reactions: Fidola13

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
i also burned my upper Patella eating extremely hot pizza and marinara souce burned it so I have to heal first
That's likely part of your problem. Also pizza has a lot of sodium. Don't know the marinara sauce you had but it too can be high in sodium.

You could try brushing your tongue with some toothpaste. Swish some mouthwash around your mouth for a bit. If that doesn't work then give it a few days.

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I always keep one unflavored, and one just plain lemon flavored, for those times that I need to clear my taste buds. The lemon has been working wonders for me in that regard, back from the first year I was vaping.

Welcome to ECF. :thumb::vapor:

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Also try mixing the juices a bit lower than the recommended percentage. A lot of the manufacturers set the percentage high because of the lack of taste that smokers have and these flavors are geared for new Vapors and are super sweet. Cut the recommended percentage by 1/3 or even 1/2. You can always add some more flavor if you find that it is too weak.

Przemix

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2021
    just quick update guys, Tonight its a lot better, I drinked a lot of alcochol last night maybe it dis·in·fect my tongue and upper patella lol, IDK but its a lot better barely feel any saltiness while vaping and amazing acidic flavors from PEACHES are back and are having fun again !! bouncing from my tongue to my patella !!! Im so happy it came back. Well the past few 8 days were scary, but yeah now im just desperately curious what exactly happened there and why......

• Winner
    Reactions: Fidola13

Przemix

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2021
    That's likely part of your problem. Also pizza has a lot of sodium. Don't know the marinara sauce you had but it too can be high in sodium.

You could try brushing your tongue with some toothpaste. Swish some mouthwash around your mouth for a bit. If that doesn't work then give it a few days.
    i burned myself with pizza 7 days ago.

Przemix

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2021
    Damn, let your food cool down a bit next time!
    yeah it was a tricky bite, all few bites were perfect until I've got to the middle and when it hit my upper patella dang!!! marinara sauce felt like it was still boiling lol , yeah it was too late, but after this experience with loosing flavor for few days .... yeah it wont happen again, im sticking my finger first to pizza and waiting 5 sec to see if it burns me or not, i wont let that happen again thats for sure!

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Good to hear you are getting your taste back. I was going to ask if you had been sick? Everyone knows COVID is know for this but I had a nasty cold before that wiped out my sense of taste and smell for over a week. I've had other colds before and that had never happened... just that one time. Oh, and red wine... but that was just for the evening I drank it. Always sip water while vaping. Sometimes lemon juice can help with "vapors tongue".

Reactions: Przemix

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    One time I was making home-made "doughnuts" (you just use the pre-made biscuit dough fried in oil then dip them in sugar while still hot) I used a fork to remove them from the hot oil and dip in sugar... just forgot and out of reflex licked sugar off the fork. Instantly burned my tongue and upper mouth. And yes... pizza got me once too.

Przemix

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2021
    Good to hear you are getting your taste back. I was going to ask if you had been sick? Everyone knows COVID is know for this but I had a nasty cold before that wiped out my sense of taste and smell for over a week. I've had other colds before and that had never happened... just that one time. Oh, and red wine... but that was just for the evening I drank it. Always sip water while vaping. Sometimes lemon juice can help with "vapors tongue".
    I haven’t been sick , no , and I used to drink red wine as well but never had problem with salty taste like that before .

and yeah it’s back again. I do feel peach and other flavors but not the same like I first tried it , it’s like right away when I hit the vape and the smoke touch my tongue I feel right away saltiness with some peach flavor at the end then hit the lungs , and then I let it run thru my nose to get more flavor .aghhhhh I hope that salt will go away soon:-/

Interesting part is I don’t taste it as much (saltiness) in my other devices , smaller ones , the kanger tech pens with their little coils . Maybe because they are not as powerful as SMOK MAG GRIP and MTL Zlide tanks and coil? Idk I guess more smoke more saltiness, so I lowered watts to 10W-11W and smoke is still powerful enough on coil 0.8 ohm

I love this setup for MTL

I will also try to Vape Pure VG /PG without flavor and see if that salt stay on my tongue or not, Or vape just pure VG and see the difference, I will experiment a bit and get to the bottom of this what’s causing it. Something tells me , that bad experience with taste is possibly exposure to all those chemicals in new flavors at once !because I had ringing ears also , not every time but most of the time when I hit the vape , ringing comes for few seconds and stops as I continue vaping , when I started trying new flavors , it only started then , hmmmmm… so maybe some allergy bull.... comes in play here:/ have anyone had similar experience?

Maybe I should take it easy on new flavors,and vaping over all because since I lowered nicotine to 3 mg ,I’m vaping non stop , ....… I would even vape in my sleep if I could that’s how much I love it !! So taking a brake or cutting vaping for few days ? It’s not going to happen unless they put me to sleep or I will fall into a coma or something….

Attachments

• 29DA6DC5-EAF3-432D-8BDA-7DF8DA70A3BE.jpeg
      29DA6DC5-EAF3-432D-8BDA-7DF8DA70A3BE.jpeg
      1.4 MB · Views: 12
    • 8BDD54DF-3128-4575-8BF3-23A99135300E.jpeg
      8BDD54DF-3128-4575-8BF3-23A99135300E.jpeg
      3.1 MB · Views: 11
    • B6F4A0EA-8DDF-4AC9-BB23-953DB31FEC95.jpeg
      B6F4A0EA-8DDF-4AC9-BB23-953DB31FEC95.jpeg
      1.4 MB · Views: 11
    • 87480C7E-972C-40C9-B09A-F37FF1F9FC62.jpeg
      87480C7E-972C-40C9-B09A-F37FF1F9FC62.jpeg
      1.4 MB · Views: 11

Przemix

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2021
    Raise your nic level and you will vape less.
    I'm strictly MTL and I use 50/50 @ 12mg. 3mg would never do it for me.
    i know exactly what You are talking about and I feel You, I was before at 18 mg and every 3 months lower it, it was horrible when I lowered it but i got used to it after a week , and yeah now 6 mg is my favorite , I only do 3 mg for 1 reason so I can go back to 6 mg after 2 days and smoke green apple candy flavor citridic amazing juice with 6 mg throat hit!!!! OMG I hope they come up with something that i can feel that throat hit all the time but as You know when You smoke after few hrs this throat hit disappears no matter what You do unless You go for higher Nic juice :( : (;( or just smoke PG which i dont like i like the cloud and 50/50 is my fav also , so yeah ..... but I also lower nicotine to see what it will feels like with zero nicotine for like 1 month, how Your body acts and is flavor a lot better also ? hmmmm im very interested in that part are You?

imagine no need at evenings to go get your vape or even forget about it sometimes heh cant wait for that to happen so i just wana see if I get there at all lol but Yeah 6mg is my favorite so far 12 mg is too strong, I cant believe im saying it after starting 3 years ago from 18 mg . I hit sometimes 12 just for few seconds to see what happens and throat hit is too strong and gets me dizzy and dont like that dizzy thing so im very happy because it pushes me forward to lower it down , slowly but ill get there thats for sure .

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread