• Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    I did a google search for replacement skeletons but couldn’t find any. I replaced skeletons and buttons on my minis. I don’t think they sold skeletons for the 100.

I think they did. They were just hard to find. Although I might have them confused with the Legend skeletons which are still easily found today.

Last edited:

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    I don't know if you know this, but the original Aegis was inspired by the Heatvape Invader Mini. They were shock and water resistant too. The board used was a clone of a DNA40 but put out 50W. TC for nickel only just like the DNA40. They used a single 18650. I have 7 of mine in this pic, but I bought 9 of them. Same engineer (Justin?) that designed the Invader Mini also designed the original Aegis. :D

IMG_0117sm.jpg

2020-05-17_012236.png

Dovpo did ripoff the design of the Invader Mini and called it a Dovpo E-LVT Mini (35W).

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I received my aegis 100 today. It’s a little heavy but not bad. The red is more of a flat red and I really don’t mind it. It’s not the shiny red like on the mini. Now I have every aegis made as far as I know.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Are you sure?
    • Aegis 100W
    • aegis legend
    • Aegis X
    • Aegis Solo
    • Aegis Mini
    • Aegis Squonk
    • Aegis Boost
    • Aegis Max (coming soon)

Yes, I’ve got all of those and the aegis pod. I’ve got multiples of some.

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Yes, I’ve got all of those and the aegis pod. I’ve got multiples of some.

I've been on the fence with the Aegis Squonk. I don't use squonkers much anymore as sub ohm tanks have gotten really good. I also don't think I'll use it much, but it still would be nice to have. ;)

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I've been on the fence with the Aegis Squonk. I don't use squonkers much anymore as sub ohm tanks have gotten really good. I also don't think I'll use it much, but it still would be nice to have. ;)

They aren’t very expensive. I don’t really use squonkers either but that is a nice one. I felt like the kit would have been better with a single coil rda since it’s a single battery unit.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    There is a additional spine you can purchase that turns the Aegis Squonk into a regular mod.

20191027_084647-jpg.847711

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Not that you can't use a squonker as a regular mod

Yup, I got some squonkers dirt cheap during the holidays and I use them as regular mods with tanks. Someone pointed me to the fact that this was a good way to get cheap mods...I never thought of it before then!

The only thing I found on some squonkers is that the 510 positive pin on a squonker mod can be slightly deeper than on regular mods so some tanks might not make contact. But this is easily remedied by using a 510 heat sink with an adjustable bottom pin.

But I digress.

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    The only thing I found on some squonkers is that the 510 positive pin on a squonker mod can be slightly deeper than on regular mods so some tanks might not make contact.

They are generally more juice resistant too. And getting juice down in the 510 connection on a squonker is no big deal.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    They are generally more juice resistant too. And getting juice down in the 510 connection on a squonker is no big deal.

Yyyyyyyyyup! That's definitely one positive aspect of using a squonker even if you don't use it as a squonker.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread