Same as if smoking Winfield blue or similar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacquelyn Collins

Nov 11, 2019
I have just bought a vape and desperately want to give up cigs, but feel that I still need nicotine to gradually come off it. Would like a juice that when vaping is similar tasting to Winfield blue or like it. No fruity flavours. Has anyone got some ideas for nicotine flavoured juice?
TIA Jacquelyn

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
I have just bought a vape and desperately want to give up cigs, but feel that I still need nicotine to gradually come off it. Would like a juice that when vaping is similar tasting to Winfield blue or like it. No fruity flavours. Has anyone got some ideas for nicotine flavoured juice?
TIA Jacquelyn
If you want nicotine only flavor, that's easy enough. Many places sell unflavored. Matching the taste of a burning cigarette, however, is pretty much impossible, and most of the tobacco flavors are simply disgusting.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
TIA Jacquelyn
Hi and welcome,
Are you in the UK?
Many users like an RY-4 type flavor as it is a bit like the smell of a freshly opened pack.
What device are you using?
How long did you smoke and how many per day?

Cheers
I

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
TIA Jacquelyn
Nicotine flavoured is unflavoured. Thats what I vape.
Ive never found a tobacco or cigarette flavoured juice I liked.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
TIA Jacquelyn

Ejuice cannot replicate the taste of a cigarette.. the BEST you'll get is a chewing tobacco flavor, or a shisha flavor..

My husband who likes tobacco now vapes menthol as a result of the above, I think I bought every tobacco ejuice ever manufactured for him to try (a very expensive process) and in the end he settled for Halo (brand) ejuice, of the menthol variety most often but he likes their Tribeca too.

If I were you, I'd spare the expense and go straight to menthol.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I'm in Australia, smoke around 20 a day for 25 years. I have a vaporesso.
Been there, done that!
Don't skimp on the nicotine, you can tackle that monkey later.
I quit using 2012 technology and some Chinese 70% PG Joyetech "TOB" flavoured juice at 18mg/ml.

If you can smoke one or two sticks less per day, you are making progress, substitute with vaping as much as possible and focus on how many cigarettes you DO NOT smoke.
I found having at least two devices, one with high nicotine for when I NEED a cigarette and one with medium nicotine as a pacifier the rest of the time helped considerably.
I'm not a menthol lover but I would suggest trying a mint or menthol type flavor if it is not offensive to you.

HTH
I

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Wanting to quit is step one, so you're already on your way. Some people find it the easiest thing in the world to switch, some really struggle, and most are somewhere in between.

I wouldn't worry about the nicotine level at first. The current evidence suggests that nicotine isn't much more harmful than caffeine, barring certain circulatory problems. Most of the harm comes from inhaling smoke, tar and ash particles. Additionally, a lot of people find they need high levels of nicotine to switch, but it's relatively easy to lower their nicotine levels after switching. I started with 24 mg/ml or higher and am now at 3 mg/ml.

I'll echo the others who have said you aren't going to find an eliquid that tastes like a burning cigarette. You're not at all unusual in wanting it; most of us start by looking for a cigarette replacement, but end up preferring non-tobacco flavours in the longer term. Tobacco flavours taste like opening a fresh pack smells. I'd suggest picking up a tobacco-flavoured juice or two, but also getting some other flavours that appeal to you. The tobacco smell can be comfortingly familiar at first, but once your system gets used to the idea that nicotine can come from something other than a cigarette it usually loses its appeal.

Good luck!

• Agree
Reactions: gandymarsh

Jacquelyn Collins

Nov 11, 2019
Wanting to quit is step one, so you're already on your way. Some people find it the easiest thing in the world to switch, some really struggle, and most are somewhere in between.

I wouldn't worry about the nicotine level at first. The current evidence suggests that nicotine isn't much more harmful than caffeine, barring certain circulatory problems. Most of the harm comes from inhaling smoke, tar and ash particles. Additionally, a lot of people find they need high levels of nicotine to switch, but it's relatively easy to lower their nicotine levels after switching. I started with 24 mg/ml or higher and am now at 3 mg/ml.

I'll echo the others who have said you aren't going to find an eliquid that tastes like a burning cigarette. You're not at all unusual in wanting it; most of us start by looking for a cigarette replacement, but end up preferring non-tobacco flavours in the longer term. Tobacco flavours taste like opening a fresh pack smells. I'd suggest picking up a tobacco-flavoured juice or two, but also getting some other flavours that appeal to you. The tobacco smell can be comfortingly familiar at first, but once your system gets used to the idea that nicotine can come from something other than a cigarette it usually loses its appeal.

Good luck!
Thank you some great tips there :) what one is this "fresh pack smell" what is closest tasting to smoking?

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Glad to help. :) I can't really recommend a specific tobacco flavour since I don't know what's available in your area. The RY4 @Izan recommended above might be a good place to start as it's pretty popular. "RY4" isn't a specific juice (not anymore, at least), it's more of a generic term for a particular tobacco blend. You'd look for a juice that was either called RY4 or that mentioned it in the description.

Reactions: Izan

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
"RY4" isn't a specific juice (not anymore, at least), it's more of a generic term for a particular tobacco blend.

Well, it's a blend of tobacco (usually tobacco absolute), caramel and vanilla. There are many versions of the old Ruyan classic on the market today, but it's (almost) always a blend of those three flavors.

• Agree

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
what one is this "fresh pack smell" what is closest tasting to smoking?

I think most of classic Chinese tobacco e-juices taste, or smell, like that. Think Hangsen, Dekang, and Liqua--look for flavors like USA Mix, Desert Ship, Highway, Virginia Tobacco, Classic Tobacco, Turkish, etc.

And then there's this: :)

Winnie Blue - SVS

Last edited:
  • Love

Jacquelyn Collins

Nov 11, 2019
Glad to help. :) I can't really recommend a specific tobacco flavour since I don't know what's available in your area. The RY4 @Izan recommended above might be a good place to start as it's pretty popular. "RY4" isn't a specific juice (not anymore, at least), it's more of a generic term for a particular tobacco blend. You'd look for a juice that was either called RY4 or that mentioned it in the description.
Awesome ty

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Awesome ty
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might wish to fill in your avatar location, it may help you in obtaining location specific information to your question(s).
On the top right hand corner of this post you will find --"your name" next to "Inbox and Alerts"
Place the mouse pointer on your name,click. You will get a drop down and on the left hand side of this drop down you will find "Personal Details". Click Personal Details.
In Personal Details, in middle of screen in gray, you will find "Location" Could fill that box line in.
re: New users - Put your location in your Profile...

Georgia Boy

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2019
Atlanta Georgia
I thought I needed a Tobacco flavor too but honestly they all taste like crap. I switched to Earl Grey Tea (tastes nothing like the Tea) still vape it today as my all day vape. Also vape Killer Kustard Strawberry, what i'm saying is get down if Tobacco tastes like poop to you it does to a lot of people just try something else. GeorgiaGirl vapes American Patriot Tobacco, just to spite me I think :rolleyes: she knows i wont vape it but she will vape mine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread