Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Shared with permission.

AD2DB035-A297-4136-8CE5-41922408BA8A.png 65CCB748-8EE0-4B31-9BC5-3D9849A5F2CD.png 1B1FF828-02A9-46FC-8A5E-6B7291CA50E2.png

You might have heard about LG’s and Samsung’s efforts to get vendors to stop selling their batteries. This letter was sent to Gregory Conley by Samsung’s attorneys as part of that.

Samsung claims these sales are illegal and asks the AVA to help them prevent injuries (a good thing) and to help stop sales of Samsung batteries (not a good thing). The attorneys also have a long list of things they say the AVA could do.

Let that sink in...Samsung, a multi-billion dollar company, is asking the AVA to start a safety campaign, add warnings to their newsletter and web site, send a blast e-mail to all their members, send separate notices to all AVA shops and employees, make announcements at all AVA events, meetings, etc., and post an AVA press release.

Gregory Conley’s response to the letter on Twitter was awesome.

2365D286-3AC6-4C56-83F9-2DEFEDAEAE01.jpeg

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Re: Unauthorized and Illegal Sales of Samsung Lithium-ion batteries for Vape use

...prevent these unauthorized and illegal sales in vape shops.

Can someone please reference the exact US law that prohibits the sale of Samsung Lithium-ion batteries in vape shops or anywhere else?

These lawyers somehow conveniently forgot to reference that law. :eek:

Barkuti

ECF Veteran
    May 3, 2016
    Alhama de Murcia, Spain
    Just dropped
    002.gif
    by, and while drug wise my war is over, let me chime in.
    So this is Samsung crying to the powers that be. LG published a related video some months ago here (source: LG video threatening fines and jail time for consumers using their cells @ BLF). What about Murata/Sony? I know they sent some letters of disapproval to certain online battery retailers who were selling their cells.
    I know, these most common, big brand battery manufacturers are scared. I believe they are scared of irresponsible, know nothing users who could bring lawsuits against them, or something in the likes.

Hold your ground, this is quintessential. If the powers that be, who let me say don't play with any other power than that of the people who supports them, need to be involved, it must be with the goal of satisfying all of the involved. This is key. The honorable must never pay for the sins of others, and whatever sins must be fixed or healed.
    Maybe our dear manufacturers need to awake and recognize a need for safer batteries, be it self-defusing cells or whatever, and stop crying somewhere else.
    Samsung and whatever other manufacturers must believe their cells will be used responsibly and safely. Or this is what they should be believing.
    016.gif

P.S.: Mooch, any news concerning Vapcell INR14500 H10 tests? Vapcell Dennis said something about in BLF just recently, and I also remembered this related past thread I posted here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread