Samsung 25R Cult?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Why does anyone need an "excuse" to vape whatever gear they prefer? ;)

They don't, just like they don't need to justify why they like a certain battery.

But I would think someone who's badgering people about their ancient battery tech would be equally obsessed about their own power tech being the most up to date.

Reactions: Rossum

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    I have a test equipment which measures the internal resistance of batteries.
    The sale model, 25R, 30Q, 5A, etc. is more a broad classification of the quality, not a precise indication of its performance.
    The 25R, I can say, are best bang for the buck.
    Most of the 3000 mah batteries tend to slip around 30 milliohm, not the declared 20 milliohm.
    If you can't measure the internal resistance, sticking to 2500 mah batteries will ensure a better general performance of your vape device.
    A 2500 / 20 battery is better than a 3000 / 30 under ALL circumstances.

Are you measuring AC or DC IR? What are you measuring it with?

Most 3000mAh batteries have a DC IR near 20mOhm and an AC IR lower than that.

A 2500mAh/20mOhm IR battery (AC or DC IR) is most certainly not “better” under all circumstances. At a certain discharge current point, and lower, the higher capacity of the 3000mAh cell will allow it to deliver a greater amount of energy, in Wh, than the 2500mAh cell. This allows the 3000mAh cell to run for longer.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Hello Dripster,
    I was trying to articulate a response, but I am incapable to make a sense of your post.
    The battery current used by Mooch is the maximum current allowed at a given temperature, and a direct consequence of internal resistance of batteries - not else. Hence, IR is the only number that counts.
    I do not use mechanical mods- they are a clear and present danger, have poor performance - the Neolithic of vaping.

Huh?
    IR is definitely not the only number that counts. Not by a long shot. The energy delivered, its Wh spec, is a critical part of deternining if a cell is worth using.

What good is a 10mOhm 500mAh cell compared to a 20mOhm 3000mAh cell?

Different chemistries and construction, independent of IR, also determine the degree in reduction in IR as the cell heats up. This affects its run time, independent of the starting IR value.

Both IR and capacity, and their effect on the energy that can be delivered down to a cutoff point, are critical.

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 11, 2014
    Iowa United States
    Huh?
    IR is definitely not the only number that counts. Not by a long shot. The energy delivered, its Wh spec, is a critical part of deternining if a cell is worth using.

What good is a 10mOhm 500mAh cell compared to a 20mOhm 3000mAh cell?

Different chemistries and construction, independent of IR, also determine the degree in reduction in IR as the cell heats up. This affects its run time, independent of the starting IR value.

Both IR and capacity, and their effect on the energy that can be delivered down to a cutoff point, are critical.
    Hey @Mooch was hoping you would way-in on this topic is the 25R still a top performer in the 20ampish battery category or have they been superseded by other batteries?

Last edited:

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Hey @Mooch was hoping you would way-in on this topic is the 25R still a top performer in the 20ampish battery category or have they been superseded by other batteries?

Superseded a long time ago by the VTC’s, especially the newer VTC4A, VTC5A, VTC5D, and VTC6A, and lately the Samsung 24S and 25S.

It was always a solid performing battery but now its age is showing. Good for cost-sensitive shoppers though.

dripster

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 18, 2017
    Belgium
    I.e, cheap, that's me.
    :laugh:

h753003BB

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread