Samsung 40T 21700 underperforming

Status
Not open for further replies.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Noticing a significant improvement in battery life just 1 day in.
Dimmed the screen, once it's set I dont need to see it particularly.
Set timeout to minimum 3 sec.
Running the 'low' ramp up setting.
Thanks for the worthy suggestions. Volumes will be written, songs will be sung !
I ditched the clock but haven't been running it for a test drive. I hesitate to dim the screen unless I decide to keep a dedicated atty on it. But I didn't set a screen timeout because Daniel said you couldn't do both, lose the clock (which stays on constantly) and timeout. My screen stays on for 10-12 seconds, not 15 minutes, thank gawd. But if I don't get noticeable improvement I'll try what you did. I suppose I could dim the screen a tad. Daniel was right about making an improvement on that dark screen. Did you watch his vid? Also, which firmware do you have? Daniel's was V1.00 and mine is V1.04

Reactions: stols001

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
The Omni Board 4.0 is known to fire at full wattage for a few milliseconds then drop to your set wattage regardless of your power settings. You can try setting it to Soft Mode – this may improve battery life. Can also change your Screen Time Out to a lower setting – default is like 15 minutes! If you do not rely on the clock then there is no need to have the screen on draining your battery.

There are a few reports on the interwebz of the Armour Pro not matching it’s competition in terms of battery life.

Thx so much for posting the vid for us.

My timeout isn't 15 minutes it's more like 10-12 seconds but I also noticed that Daniel's firmware is V1.00 and mine is V1.04. I also remember him saying that you can't do both timeout and remove the clock. So, I decided to remove the clock because it was constant. If I understood him incorrectly please let me know. Sometimes I don't catch everything he says.
The Omni Board 4.0 is known to fire at full wattage for a few milliseconds then drop to your set wattage regardless of your power settings.
Mine definitely didn't do this. Matter of fact, I was disappointed with it's weak ramp up. Again, maybe it's the difference in firmware. I was running it in VV mode to get a better hit but I'll try the other modes now that I'm hearing more of others' experiences. It's pretty frustrating when you don't know which firmware everyone is running.

• Useful

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
I think it was a Zophie Vapes video that taught me there's no full-wattage burst in either soft or hard. Very useful.

I turn off the clock, but unfortunately this has to be done each time the battery is changed. This flaw and unimpressive battery life notwithstanding, the Armour Pro is very comfortable to use and I like it a lot. So much so that a second is one its way to me from China as I write this. It's probably midocean right now.
My clock stays off regardless of battery change. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Daniel said that the full-wattage burst happens in all boost modes. Again, this could be the difference in firmware from V1.00 to V1.04. Which do you have?

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
My clock stays off regardless of battery change. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Daniel said that the full-wattage burst happens in all boost modes. Again, this could be the difference in firmware from V1.00 to V1.04. Which do you have?
V1.03.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Oh, that's interesting. From what I could gather from reddit posts is that people were having problems and were confused as to how to get their firmware to update. vaporesso instructed them one way then a reddit member gave different instructions that worked for him. Lol, it sounded like a hot mess. All I know is that my first Armor Pro arrived DOA and the replacement arrived with V1.04. I hope it's going to be okay because I don't want to do that upgrade. I love the mod. Hope the adjustments work out for the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread